Running advice

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Hi guys

I am no way yet a runner! I have joined a running group so have been running 6 weeks! In group were up to 4miles :) but on my own I struggle to motivate myself further than 2-2.5miles!

How do you keep yourselves going?

I need to increase my distance bc I need to be running 4miles to keep up in group - id also like to improve my speed (not loads but I can't always keep up with the main group - I'm one of the trailers!)

But I have no idea how to go about it! Any ideas?! Xx

for the motivation i just make sure i think of why im doing the runs (training for big runs in sept, oct and nov) and that thought keeps me going. good music helps too.

I agree with Gina - I think its really important to make your self a good playlist on your ipod or whatever, as that really keeps me going. If i'm struggling while on the run, I also try to remember why I am out running in the first place (to help me lose weight, and because now, I actually enjoy it!) and what my end goals are and it helps spur me on.

I think if you push yourself to do at least one 4 mile run on your own, it will push you through the barrier/ mind set that you can't do it alone, and you should be fine from there.

Good luck!

Definately music keeps me motivated, also the healthy competitiveness of others beside me on the treadmill keeps me going...and lastly my running shoes play a big part, cant run without them ...literally. Had just standard trainers and you could really tell the diff it had on my running

Back