Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Running and Atkins

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Becca3241, 20 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Becca3241

Becca3241 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi. I need some tips. Me and a friend have just signed up to run a half marathon in November. Now I run at the moment but nothing like this distance and I am slightly worried about my energy levels when running/ training for half marathon as all running experts say that you should eat 60% carbs, 30% protein and 10% fat when running to that extent.

This past 2 weeks I have suffered with really achy limbs and not much energy and my running has suffered...to the point where Ive barely run.

I just wanted your advice on what to do really as I have just over a stone to loose but I dont want to affect my running?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    No advice from me, I'm a couch cabbage. Zim runs i think though Becca

4. Zimara

Zimara Yummy mummy to be!

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.36%)
    Diet:
    Atkins - ANA
    I am a runner, prolly averaged around 17 miles per week over 5 days. But like you i was getting tired and lethargic.
    I came to the conclusion that i wasn't getting enough energy for my level of activity so i decided to experiment. I've been counting mt calories as well as carbs and it came as no surprise that i was barely getting over 1500kcals a day (the bare minimum atkins recomends).

I've now added into my diet protien shakes. As im a moring runner these are quick to make and easy to get down first thing. I think these have helped but i've also upped my fat intake.

You can check my experiment here.

http://www.minimins.com/atkins-diet/159182-stalled-2.html

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.