Running and LLT

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone else runs as well as doing total?

I did LLT last year but didn't reach goal and have put on about half what I lost. I did however take up running which I'm amazed to say I love! I really don't want to give it up while on LLT which I start again on Monday and my LLC says that as I've been exercising I should be able to carry on but maybe not first few days. I'm just worried as I was quite often light headed before although BP was ok.

Does anyone else do high impact workouts and if so any tips to keep feeling ok? I thought maybe an extra bar on running days before I go out.

Thanks for any help

I also like to run, but have stopped while on LLT. The reason I stopped was because I know from experience that exercising at that intensity increases my hunger. However after one month on LLT and now being one stone lighter I would love to get my running shoes back on.

I am considering just starting at a low intensity and short distances and seeing how it makes me feel. The diet is my priority and if i find I can't exercise then life goes on and i can use running to maintain my weight later.

I would recommend running around an hour after your morning or evening meal, but avoid having a liquid meal just before running. A shake would make a good post run meal though. the protein content will help you to build muscle if drunk within 20 minutes of exercise.

Of course have plenty of water and see how you feel. take it easy and pay attention to whether you are getting more hungry after you exercise. This could lead to your downfall.

I ran the London Marathon in April and continued to run afterwards. I the went onto LLT in late August but didn't want to lose my fitness so continued to run 3-4 times a week for an hour. I didn't do any interval training so it wasn't high intensity but I felt fine and it didn't make me hungry. As you can see from my signature, my weight losses were still good. My running times are loads better now I've shifted the extra weight.
I'd say listen to your body and don't overdo it but there's no reason you shouldn't run on LLT. You shouldn't need an extra bar on the days you run

I use to do a little running too, which i really want to get back to but nervous about it only being on 500 cals a day. Think i may have to wait till on rtm only got another 12lbs to go.

I ran the London Marathon in April and continued to run afterwards. I the went onto LLT in late August but didn't want to lose my fitness so continued to run 3-4 times a week for an hour. I didn't do any interval training so it wasn't high intensity but I felt fine and it didn't make me hungry. As you can see from my signature, my weight losses were still good. My running times are loads better now I've shifted the extra weight.
I'd say listen to your body and don't overdo it but there's no reason you shouldn't run on LLT. You shouldn't need an extra bar on the days you run

Sorry to jump in but ......OMG your losses are fantastic! I'd be happy to lose half of what you've lost a week lol x

Thanks nzmegs and roundrachel, your comments have been really helpful. I will listen to my body but hopefully will continue to run on LLT without the extra.

Lozzer58, I'm a bit of a running evangalist as I am so shocked that I love to run that I try to encourage anyone who pays an interest or even says they couldn't do it, they can! Go for it and start running when you get to RTM. I find it fantastic to clear my head of all the troubles of my day.

Brilliant weightlosses to all by the way and thanks for the advice.

it just goes to show that even us "fat birds" can run too!! Soon to be slim chicks tho :)

Keep on running, I'd say :)

I do 6 hours of classes, BodyPump, BodyAttack etc, a week. I gradually increased the classes as I wasnt doing anything prior to starting LL. I've just started RTM, so will be interesting if I feel different. I've also booked in to see one of the instructors in the gym as I feel I'm not getting the toning results I'd hoped for with Pump and Attack.

Listen to your body...you know it better than anyone else and good luck.

Hi all,

For those who have started exercising mid way through LLT, did you notice any difference in your weekly losses? Did it speed it up at all?

I was going to wait a couple of weeks before exercising, but I am considering just getting straight into it (and especially if it will speed things up!)

Thanks

Hi nic, I did exercise the last time I did LLT & thought it slowed the weight loss down. Didn't know if I was allowed to exercise as you only intake is 500 calories a day & if you burn all the off at gym how would you have energy? x

Jenm - you will use your body fat for energy!! That is the point of eating so little calories. Our body uses around 2000 a day just living so we are already in a deficit. Take off another 500 at the gym and theoretically you should lose more.

But...not always. Two things will happen. you will build some muscle which is more dense than fat and also holds water. think about when you get all "pumped up" at the gym. That is blood and water rushing to your muscles. it is part of the healing process. this water can stay in the muscles for a couple of days and can therefore cause you to weigh more.

The other thing which might happen is that the exercise will cause some dehydration which once again will cause your body to retain water.

You might also get quite hungry - but this is a good sign as long as you don't give in to it - of course!

Your body will use the protein from LL to build muscle. So the weight loss may possibly slow down, but you will be smaller.

If exercising you should get out the tape measure.

Wow thanks so much for your really informative post. That explains a lot x

Back