Running

Hi Nigel, where are you, haven't seen update from you in ages? How is your injured leg?

I am started will 9 of my programme.

Take care, Trixie

Thats it, i'm inspired! Weigh in day tomorrow so a good day to start!
Will set my alarm early and get out following the plan Trixie posted. Thanks guys, wish me luck :eek:)

Bee x

I started jogging recently on the c25k programme. I found a jogging buddy so we don't have to worry about being out in the dark evenings alone. Unfortunately shes been injured recently so we've not gone for a coupl eo f weeks. Its amazing how addictive running becomes, I really miss it. I even job from the train station to my car, which isnt far at all but just so I can get my fix lol

Good luck busy britches...it is really worth it, I feel so much fitter, and even though i haven't lost a load of weigh I have been getting compliments that I look more 'streamline'!!! Always a good thing!!

Must go and do my run now.

Take care, TB

Just wanted to say that you lot have got me off my backside and tonight I started the C25k. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be and I'm now looking forward to my next run of Saturday.

Thank you x

I joined a running club last night in my town! I was supposed to be going with a friend from my SW group (who joined ages ago) but she didn't show!! Luckily there were 2 other newbies there and we all ran together!

It was their monthly "club run", where everyone follows the same route and runs (or runs/walks if you can't manage the full time) for an hour. You run out for 30 mins and then turn round and run back for 30 mins!!

I was really pleased with myself because I managed to run around 5 miles in Baltic conditions! Not bad, but I was a bit disappointed with getting a stitch 1 mile in and having to walk some of it :(

It's amazing how easy running is when there are people all around you, and you're just having a chat and supporting each other!

Fantastic Alwyn, running clubs are good not only for comradely but you'll be surprised at how much you improve having some structure to the running.

I'm passing on my usual Saturday morning parkrun race because leaving my house at 8am whilst it is -5 outside is beyond my limits!

Running clubs are good as they make you keep going when you would have given up if you were on your own.

I've finished my C25K plan. In theory I should now be able to run 5k but I think I am still a bit slow to be running that far in the 30 minutes you run on the plan.

Snow allowing, I am going to try my run tomorrow by distance rather than time and see if I can do the magic distance.

Yes, I'm going to begin the Slimming world walk/run programme tomorrow :)

I go running and love it, so much better than a tread mill and you can fresh air too :)

I really have no excuse not to start running or at least try so I am determined to start this week weather permitting as we have had severe flooding in my area thus weekend ( I don't really want to go to the gym to use a treadmill). I will report back on my first day :)

I downloaded the C25K app on my ipod and did the first day training today, suprisingly easy but I think its because I'm already used to running. Can't wait for the next session :)

oh well done. I hope to start this week but I've been saying that for months lol !

Once your out there running you feel so much better :) its only 90 seconds of walking and 60 seconds of jogging for the 1st week :)

Well, I did it!!! Day 1 Week 1 couch25k. Nearly back out on my 5 minute warm up as it started to rain but carried on. struggled a little even jogging for 60 seconds but I could feel that it was getting easier as I went through it. The "jog now" seems to come a lot quicker than "walk now" but for an asthmatic non runner I am giving myself a pat on the back :)

Well, I did it!!! Day 1 Week 1 couch25k. Nearly back out on my 5 minute warm up as it started to rain but carried on. struggled a little even jogging for 60 seconds but I could feel that it was getting easier as I went through it. The "jog now" seems to come a lot quicker than "walk now" but for an asthmatic non runner I am giving myself a pat on the back :)

Well done! I've got one more to do on the 1st week then its on to the 2 week! It does get a lot easier don't it? :)

Well done Fatcat12 and pinacaladanat - I just completed Week 1 Day 1 of C25K :clap:

Well done! It gets so much easier as it goes on. I'm gonna do the next stage now, Week 2 day 1 which I think is 90 seconds of running and two mins of walking. :)

Back