Russiandoll & Pandora's daily challenges

well it's now 10 mins b4 midnight & all in all a successful day. I didn't point count (am loosly doing WW) during the day, but did tally up at the end of the day & have to say went 7 points over, so if i hadn't sucumbed to the crumble i would have done ok (it was a whopping 11 points :( )
All ready for another day.
Just going on my break in a mo ~ i'm at work at the mo~ & will think of my challenge(s) 4 tommorrow !?
xx :)

Weds 15th

(early) morning
after a think about it these are my challenges for today

~ stick to my WW points ~
~ drink 2 litres water ~
~ don't put myself down ~

here's to a good day for us both
xx

Good morning Cheryl

Here are my challenges for the day

* Keep a watchful eye on the cals but to enjoy my food.

* Drink another 2L bottle of water.

* Squash any negative thoughts if they pop into my head.

Good luck to both of us :)

just got up to be confronted with an allmighty mess in the kitchen, Charlotte had been "cooking" !! ther was a sink full of washing up & flour all over the place & that was after she had "tidied up", did i turn to food, no !!i could so easily have done so, but got my determined head on today :D

Drat this weather!! Sophie has done nothing but whinge and whine since I got back from Fort Brockhurst - she's an outdoor kid and gets like this whenever the weather is pants and she can't go out to play. I'm going to visit my mum & dad and have decided to leave her with her 19 year old sister (I'll deal with the consequences when I get home!)

I would suggest she does some cooking - but she made chocolate buns yesterday and your post reminded me of why I don't want a repeat of it so soon!

I'm going to visit my mum & dad and have decided to leave her with her 19 year old sister (I'll deal with the consequences when I get home!)

Well, I just got home and the consequences were .... she made sponge cakes :rolleyes:

The kitchen wasn't as bad as it could have been (you know, when they don't clear the flour from UNDER the toaster, you find flour IN the cutlery drawer etc) but at least it kept her amused.

She offered me one of her creations: I didn't have a chocolate one yesterday but I relented and had one today. It was only a small plain sponge and I'm 'counting' it in at around 200 cals (probably over estimating actually but better than underestimating!). She was proud of her efforts and I didn't want to crush her - plus it was yummy!

I'm almost at the end of my 2L of water so it looks like my challenges for today are on track :)

just making shepherds pie for the hoards for their dinner & have kept some of the mince back to have with a JP for my dinner, this will leave me with 1 point left for the day.
have drunk about 1 1/2 litres of water, so well on track for that part of todays challenge.
well done on the counting your little cake into your cals for today & not just dismissing it as "just a little bit", it's so hard when the kids cook & want you to try their wares, esp when they're yummy.

I feel today has been a turning point, i have done my points & my water challenges & feel i will be as successful tommorrow as i have been today !!

I feel 'different' this time too ... it's as if I've stopped grieving and despairing over the fact that I can no longer do CD (physically OR financially) and settled into the slow lane.

I've worked it out that I've put on weight at half a stone per month since February. When it's going on at that rate, it seems to be phenomenally fast. Funny then that we think half a stone a month (2lb-ish a week) LOSS is somehow 'slow'. Time to reset my thinking and accept that 2lb a week would be a decent, acceptable weight loss rate. Just hope I can manage it :)

i think you've hit it on the nail there Debbie, we got so use to the heady weight loss on CD it takes time to bring your head around to accept the slower losses of more conventional methods.
to me this is about control & a different way of eating as much as the losses, although they are equally important.
i like the barriers of WW, as intuitive eating was too loose fro me & subsequetly caused my gains :sigh:
just worked out, at 2lb a week i could be at goal by the end of November, that'd be good as i started at beginning of November last year, so pretty much a year on this crazy journey

Last edited:
I've worked it out that there are 20 weeks between now and the end of Dec. If I can lose an average of 2lb per week, then I'd lose 40lb by then. That's just shy of 3st - and that would take me down to about where I was when I had the Depo jab.

That means I could potentially continue my journey where I left off by the beginning of 2008 - and by this time next year I could easily be at goal (and we all know how fast a year goes by!) I don't think that's an unreasonable time-frame.

Having re-set my expectations, I can feel my whole perception of weight loss beginning to relax.

Hey you two, what fantastic positive posts. Its not about the end result now, its about the journey. SSing is out, healthy eating is in, its not a "diet" as such, its a change of lifestyle. If anyone can do it, you two definitely can. Well done! xxx

Thurs 16th

morning, & its a lovely sunny one here in Bournemouth.
with the risk of being accused of being repetitive, my challenges are going to be the same as yesterday.
My reasoning for this are that they are possitive habits i need to get into so that they become something i don't even think about, just do naturally.
So, here are my challenges

~ stick to my points ~
~ drink 2 litres water ~

am off for my ultrasound this morning, hopefully i'll be nearer a diagnosis later :rolleyes:

Have a good day Debbie (& anyone else reading this)

Morning ladies, what lovely positive reading this thread is!

You both have exactly the right attitude to lose and keep losing. If you make something too hard you automatically risk failure, you 2 are being very sensible and looking long term which I think is the only way to go.
I look forward to seeing your steady, gradual sucesses and your long term maintenance, after all having learnt such good habits over a long time you will not so easily slip back in to the bad old ways of the dim and distant past!

Love

Sunny here in Gosport too :D

I'm a bit late posting my challenges because I've been sorting through the old photos I got from my mum yesterday. I have to get it organised quick because I said I'd give them back tomorrow!

Anyway - my challenges for today are much the same as yesterday (because they're cool challenges!)

* Eat sensibly and ENJOY!

* Drink 2L of water

* Chase away negative thoughts.

Have a great day Cheryl - and anyone else who might be reading this.
Good luck with your scan - keep us posted xx

Back