Russiandoll - Wardrobe check! 7th July

Russiandoll

Carpe diem
I remember when I joined this site four years ago there was only a handful of us (if I remember rightly, we came over from the Discovery Health website whilst it was being refurbished). I was on Cambridge and full of enthusiasm - it was my 'golden time'. Not once did I fall off the wagon and 10 months later, I was transformed physically ... but unfortunately, not mentally.

Although I was 8 sizes smaller, my head wasn't in a good place and it didn't take much for me to trip up spectacularly. Needless to say, I gradually regained a fair amount of the weight I'd lost and now here I am, two years later, having another run at Cambridge to get to where I want - no NEED - to be. It worked for me once and this time my head is in a better place - I don't expect perfection anymore ... my best really is enough.

I'm not aiming for model thin - happier in my skin will do. And I know I can't achieve a toned, tight body ... time and my weight have taken their toll there ... but I can hope for and expect a better quality of life.

I said once that a weight problem is only a problem if it's causing a problem. All the time you're doing everything you want without your weight getting in the way, you can live with it and finding the motivation to lose weight is almost impossible.
However, once your weight is creating problems and preventing you from doing the things you want to do, that's when most people stand a better chance of success when it comes to putting that right. And right now, my weight is causing me some problems.

I work at a large school with many flights of stairs. By the end of the day, I'm totally shattered. I get home, sit down and am completely incapable of doing anything else that day. The dog remains unwalked, the laundry remains unwashed and it's all I can do to throw some frozen convenience food into the oven for my husband and daughter for dinner. That has to change - that's no quality of life.

Anyway, having decided that things must change, the next step was to realise this wasn't going to happen all by itself and I was going to have to make a conscious effort to bring about that change.

So this morning, I restarted Cambridge for what seems like the hundredth time. I need to dig deep and find a reason why, this time, I'll succeed when I failed on all the other restarts. And, after giving it some serious thought, I think that it's all down to the 'problems' my weight is now causing. I can't live with them - simple.

So here I am on a brand new day 1 - I'm resisting the temptation to say 'yet again' because I need to put behind me everything that went before ... all my previous reasoning and motivation doesn't mean much today. Because that was then - and this is NOW.

Eyes on the prize and onto day 2 ...

Welcome back:D
Would you like some company (although I'm on the WW path) along your journey?

Thanks for the welcome back - I'd be happy to share the journey with as many as possible. We can all do with support and a cheer team :)

Oh wow another face has returned......How are you hun......I am also restarting LT on monday ......I have also put most of my weight back on after having Hannah.......nice to see you back....x

I remember when I joined this site four years ago there was only a handful of us (if I remember rightly, we came over from the Discovery Health website whilst it was being refurbished). I was on Cambridge and full of enthusiasm - it was my 'golden time'. Not once did I fall off the wagon and 10 months later, I was transformed physically ... but unfortunately, not mentally.

Although I was 8 sizes smaller, my head wasn't in a good place and it didn't take much for me to trip up spectacularly. Needless to say, I gradually regained a fair amount of the weight I'd lost and now here I am, two years later, having another run at Cambridge to get to where I want - no NEED - to be. It worked for me once and this time my head is in a better place - I don't expect perfection anymore ... my best really is enough.

I'm not aiming for model thin - happier in my skin will do. And I know I can't achieve a toned, tight body ... time and my weight have taken their toll there ... but I can hope for and expect a better quality of life.

I said once that a weight problem is only a problem if it's causing a problem. All the time you're doing everything you want without your weight getting in the way, you can live with it and finding the motivation to lose weight is almost impossible.
However, once your weight is creating problems and preventing you from doing the things you want to do, that's when most people stand a better chance of success when it comes to putting that right. And right now, my weight is causing me some problems.

I work at a large school with many flights of stairs. By the end of the day, I'm totally shattered. I get home, sit down and am completely incapable of doing anything else that day. The dog remains unwalked, the laundry remains unwashed and it's all I can do to throw some frozen convenience food into the oven for my husband and daughter for dinner. That has to change - that's no quality of life.

Anyway, having decided that things must change, the next step was to realise this wasn't going to happen all by itself and I was going to have to make a conscious effort to bring about that change.

So this morning, I restarted Cambridge for what seems like the hundredth time. I need to dig deep and find a reason why, this time, I'll succeed when I failed on all the other restarts. And, after giving it some serious thought, I think that it's all down to the 'problems' my weight is now causing. I can't live with them - simple.

So here I am on a brand new day 1 - I'm resisting the temptation to say 'yet again' because I need to put behind me everything that went before ... all my previous reasoning and motivation doesn't mean much today. Because that was then - and this is NOW.

Eyes on the prize and onto day 2 ...

Hey RD, so very good to see you again :D:D

Eyes on the prize girl - this IS NOW,

Much love xxx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D, just had to do that again. So pleased to see you!

Another CD-er restarting RD.

I lost 4stone originally going from 15 to 11 stone, size 22 to size 12/14. I've put on 2st 10 and into size 16 .... so have re-started. Lost 4lb so far .... and this time I want to get down to 10st and a size 12.

Good luck - you can do it!!!

OK - I'll try again (I typed out a nice long response .. clicked on 'something' and lost the lot! :mad:)

It's really nice to see some familiar names - I'm also looking forward to meeting some new Miniminners :)

I sometimes get so annoyed with myself that I 'allowed' myself to regain a lot of the weight I lost. I'd gone from a size 32 to a size 16 and now I'm back up to a 22 ... not a happy bunny!
However, it's counter productive to beat myself up over something that has happened - better to accept it and move on I think.

I just hope I can rediscover 'the golden time' and do this ... although I'm willing to accept I may be less pedantic than the first time but must resist the temptation to throw in the towel at the very first slip up.

Good luck on your own journeys everyone :)

Cor those were the days over on DH i was doing LL then then onlto cambridge and same with me put it back on im now on the SW journey slowly its coming off good to see you back RD xxxxxxxxx

You are SO right Irene and that's the sort of positive thinking I need! Hi Kitty ... great to see you again. I can see you're doing fantastically on SW - it's such a good feeling to find something that 'works' for you.

I'm on day three and it's not too bad at the moment. I'm not feeling ravenously hungry so have I slipped into ketosis already? I don't know because I don't have any ketostix but I guess it doesn't matter whether I know or not - I know that if I haven't I will shortly.
I made a bit of a boo boo on Friday - I drank 1.5L of water before 9am which may seem good but (for those of you who don't know) I'm a cover teacher and my first lesson started at 9am. By 9.30 I was distinctly uncomfortable and by 9.45 I was so desperate for a wee that it was painful. I had the kids standing up behind their chairs by 9.55, WILLING that bell to go, legs crossed.
In my mind I was mapping the route to the nearest loo fearing I just wouldn't make it. By 9.58 I couldn't bear it anymore and dismissed them early. "But the bell hasn't gone Miss," was the response ... "I don't care - just GO!!" I said through gritted teeth.

Lesson learned ... I won't be drinking that much before 9am again! :)

Bring on day four ...

Hi RD :)

You're going great guns here aren't you? How are things today? Bet you didn't do the water thing again before 9am:eek:;)

Lacey xx

I'm here on the other side of the weekend having managed 'ok'. I did have some chicken breast on Saturday and SUnday but in the big scheme of things that isn't too disasterous. I'm certainly not going to regard the diet as 'trashed'.
I have to get my CD form re-signed by a doctor as the last time I had it done was in 2006 and, apparently, they all need re-doing. I have type II diabetes and so need the signature in order to cover insurance issues etc.
Trying to see a doc has been like trying to get an audience with the pope though! I rang and was told the nearest appointment is June 7th ... I need the sig by Thursday.
I asked if I could leave the form and the doc could just sign it - I was told there would probably be a £15 charge!! I object to that strenuously ... I'm trying to do something to improve my health and SAVE the NHS money! Why should I pay for a measley signature? If I was trying to quit smoking there would be plenty of help available so I don't see why I should pay for a scribble on a form. Last time, I went to see the doc and just sprung it on him during the appointment ... there was no problem and no charge.
Anyway, the receptionist suggested I came along to the afternoon emergency session but this isn't an emergency and I really don't fancy sitting for an hour to see a triage nurse then another hour to see the emergency doctor after a long day at work. What a palaver!!
I phoned this morning and managed to get an appointment for this Thursday although it's in work time (which they don't really like) but I really had little option. I just hope the doctor isn't one of the anti-cambridge ones.

Without this signature, my CDC can't supply me with any more packs and the ones I have are running out so needless to say I'm a bit stressed about it. Fingers crossed it's all OK.

that really annoys me too.. it would take them literally not even five mins!!.. and you're right.. if it was about quitting smoking or something they'd have plenty time for you..
Hope you're ok doll
xxx

Let us know how you get on at docs on Thursday RD :) xxx

Hi RD!

Lovely to see your name popping up again. I've really missed you.

You have probably noticed that I am hardly around myself, came back about 3 weeks ago but just can't seem to motivate myself. Lost my Dad 4 months ago today and am still reeling. I remember you going through it when your Dear Dad lost his battle, I didn't understand then - I sympathised, of course I did, but I didn't understand. I do now.

I wish you all the luck in the world on this new CD start - I know you can do it and no-one will be more pleased for you when you do.

With love and best wishes, your old friend Barb xxxxxx

Hi Barb - so lovely to see you!!! :)
I'm sorry to hear about your dear Dad - my deepest condolences x

I'm over the first week and have to confess that it wasn't truly SS but more SS+. The good news is that I lost 9lb in week one which I'm chuffed with. Two more lbs and I drop into the stone bracket below which is always a psychological boost.

I think I'll stick to the 'plus' bit as I can crunch on some celery and nibble on chicken (and even tried some crayfish tails today) - it appeals to my grazing nature and seems to work for me.

Tomorrow is my last day at work then it's half term ... yayy!! ... a whole week away from 9Z3 and 8Y4. Bliss!!

Onto week 2 ;)

Thanks Debs, I am struggling with it at the moment. Good days and bad, it still feels completely unreal and I half expect to discover it was just all an awful nightmare.

Excellent first week for you - well done. You deserve to be well pleased and you are right, dropping down to the next bracket is very pleasing.

I just can't get my head into it at all at the moment. I want to - but i have zero enthusiasm, everything already seems too much effort, so a slimming campaign, which I know requires planning and committment just feels impossible. I have neither gained or lost for what feels like forever and suspect i am exactly what I was when I fist came on Mini's.

Maybe when I feel more myself I will join you in the quest!

Lots of love

Back