Russiandoll - Wardrobe check! 7th July

Aw hun, have you tried asking the drs, they zap varicose veins and broken capillaries wit lasers, so they might be able to help you...or tan? that could help.
but screw it, once you're in the water no one can see any way.
suit sounds nice :)
x

Maybe I could ask my doctor about the veins ... although I suspect any response would be a scream of 'obesity!!!'. As I said though, my sister has them too ... she had her first vein op (she's had three) when she was in her early 20s and was a wee slip of a thing. Since then she's never been bigger than a size 14.

And my vein problem started before my major weight problem ... I guess I was around 11st when I noticed the first ones appear. I've seen people who are close to 30st who havne't got a vein on their legs at all so I think heredity does play a part.

I had some good news that cheered me up this morning ... I'm going to be a Nana again!! Yep - daughter number 2 is expecting her second kiddiwink - her son (my only grandson) is 2 and this one is due around his third birthday.

My step-daughter is also pregnant (28 weeks) so there is now a steady stream of grandchildren coming off the production line ... I already have four aged 12, 8, 2 and 1 so it'll be 6 in all by this time next year!
Christmas is going to get mighty expensive!! :)

Haha, it's great having kids around at Christmas, I miss it now that everyone in my family has grown up. And to be fair, the younger ones dont need much, when I was broke I found that a helium balloon in a box full of regular balloons provided loads of fun and kept them cheerful during the day as well. Congrats on the grandkids :)

Hope everything's going well :)

Just catching up after my holibubs, congratuations on your nanna status, and well done on the weight loss too honey bunch x x

Hi Debs

sorry I have been so absent. You know my head has been in a bit of a mess lately but I think the mist is clearing a little now. Well done on your progress, you are doing so well.

Great news about the babies too - that should keep you out of mischief.

Hi!
I saw a post by you on the RC forum about there not being anymore RC classes! :(

Just saw yourdiary and thought i would say hi as im from Gosport as well and your the only other person ive ever seen on here from anywhere near here!:p

:party0011:so hi! and best of luck with your weight loss!

Hi CCK :). Nice to meet a fellow Gosportian ... what part of Gosport do you hail from? I'm in the Leesland area. So are you doing RC online? I enjoyed going to the classes but I think the nearest one now is over at the Mountbatten Centre in Portsmouth - a bit too much of a trek for me after work.

Nice to see you too Barb - I've put a comment on your diary.

I had a bit of bad news yesterday ... my daughter had a miscarriage which is obviously a bit upsetting for all concerned. The only solace is that it was early on so she didn't have the chance to get too used to the idea and gather lots of stuff. She can now take time to recover and, hopefully, try again when she and her hubby feel ready.

On the diet front, things are going ok. I'm still on Cambridge SS plus anad enjoying being able to nibble on little bits and pieces such as celery and chicken. Doesn't sound exciting but it keeps me going.
I still have my little indulgences but I CHOOSE to have them, feel no guilt and it doesn't seem to be having too much of an adverse effect as I've now lost 21lb in 6 weeks. I've decided to adopt the '90/10' principle - if I do ok 90% of the time then 10% of indulgences arne't going to wreak havoc. So far it seems to be working.

Only another 4lb and I'll be into the next 'stone bracket' down which is always a great psychological boost. Hopefully that'll happen in the next couple of weeks :D

Hi Debs

sorry to hear about your daughter's miscarriage, that is rotten for her. Still, she is lucky enough to have a lovely Mum to lean on and providing she takes her time to get over it, I am sure she will be fine. It's always so disappointing though, even at the early stage.

Good to see your 90/10 plan going so well. I really think you are onto something with this. It's finding what works for us as individuals, isn't it? Diets are not a one size fits all - come to that nor are T-shirts! They never seem to fit me, anyway! They will soon though!

Sad news indeed, best wishes for your daughter. Geez, you are doing really well on the weight loss front! Keep up the good work, I hadn't realised you had lost quite so much!

Minusfour ... I lost around 10st in 2006 but since then I regained over 5st of that. I'm just trying to put that right ... I'm doing ok so far and another 4st and I'll be there. I'm hoping I'll have more or less reached that goal by Christmas.

I've got pics in the gallery from last time :)

Not a bad day ...
Breakfast: CD porridge
Break: a small pot of celery / cucumber / red pepper
Lunch: a CD peanut bar
Snack: Stick of celery
Dinner: CD soup, packet of fridge raiders. (and here's the 10% part) a small cornetto.
Not nearly enough water :(

As you can see, celery plays a major part of my diet at the moment. Luckily I like it.
I don't have a 10% blip every day but now and again I can live with.

Onwards and downwards :)

You are doing brilliantly honey, even though I hate celery x

Sorry to hear about your daughter and her miscarriage.

I am following WW for various reason as mentioned in my diary x

Keep up the good work x

I didn't know about your "history"- wow, those photos, ten stone!!! The change is just incredible! How about you then? I know you must be sick of dieting, but you'd have to feel pretty confident that you'll do it in the long run with your previous success. I'm blown away!

Heya, sorry to hear about your sad news, prayers and best wishes to your family.
Hope your week goes well :)

Hi Minusfour - yes I'm pretty sick of this relentless yo-yo routine. I really can't remember a time I wasn't either dieting or thinking about dieting. I'm on a yo-yo 'down' at the moment so am running with it whilst I have my mojo.
I did feel better when I was at my lightest and I just want to feel like that again.
And Pink - thank you for your kind thoughts xx

Tues 6th July

Baggy Trousers

Twenty one pounds - a stone and a half. To some that'd be a huge amount and, whilst it's a reasonable chunk, when you have a fair bit to lose it doesn't seem all that much. This is when the blinkers have to come off and other factors need to be considered.
1. Six weeks ago my trousers were so tight they left a red mark on my middle by the end of the day and now I can get them up and down without undoing the button.
2. Six weeks ago, if I had a class on the top floor at work, I'd be hot and puffing by the time I got there. Now I'm not.
3. Six weeks ago I felt sluggish and lethargic - now I have more energy.

In the past I've been so pre-occupied with the numbers on the scales that I sometimes lost sight of the progress I had made and the changes I was experiencing. I don't plan on making that mistake again - the numbers on the scales are just ONE indication of how I'm doing ... there are others that are equally valid. Getting hung up on numbers is a sure way of undermining my achievements so I'm no longer going to measure my progress soley in terms of 'weight loss' but will be considering other changes as well :)

It's interesting how we measure diet success, isn't it? Scales are a pretty crude and inaccurate measuring tool, but I put so much store in what number comes up. The loose pants and stairways experiences are much more useful. I hope you keep noticing all those little things! Have a good day!

I can't tell you how much your last post has imspired me, you're so right! It's those sorts of things like being able to get to the top of a staircase without being knackered that really count. The scales are just an indicator to back up the changes you're already feeling.

x

Back