Russiandoll's Diary

Well check you out you superstar 'tosser'.......;) Well impressed you are doing so well.... even with a tough couple of days and a less than ideal situation with OH away..... you keep going it'll all be worth it.....:D

Oh my god. i could not have done that.. not just tossing it.. lol.. but tossing it and not eating it.. i wont even cook for michael anymore.. but i guess children do indeed need to be fed.. and not just on pieces of toast.. and cheese sandwiches.. lol.. (i would be an awful parent.. LOL)..

You're doing fantastic.. and even when life gets down.. you're getting back up again.. and i admire that sooo much.. you're such a strong lady..

cant wait to see you again honey..
Loads of love and hugs..

x x x

I had a really hectic day yesterday. It was my first work placement at the Royal Marines Museum in Portsmouth; I was a bit apprehensive because the bloke in charge still hasn't really enlightened me as to what I'm actually supposed to be doing! It won't be a 'tidy up and help out' kind of thing, that's for sure. I'm doing it as part of my degree and will be devising some sort of educational 'package' in an area where they have an information gap. Daunting!

He's taken ages to pin down; I suggested to my tutor that maybe he was busy and I was something of a 'nuisance factor' but she assured me that, going by past experience, he was just terminally disorganised. I found out yesterday JUST how disorganised he was.

After I arrived at 10.30, we had a coffee then went to his office to discuss the basics. Barely 15 minutes later, his phone went and he mumbled a bit then said to me 'Oh no - a school has arrived and I wasn't expecting them!'
I asked if he meant they had just 'turned up' without booking - he said no ... he'd just forgotten to put them in the diary. :eek:

So we were then rushing around like headless chickens photocopying and throwing together quiz sheets and he did an impromptu tour of the museum (with me in tow). The kids were teenagers from a special type of college for kids who have, for various reasons, rejected academia so they were ... ummm ... challenging at times.

I was exhausted by 2.30 when they left - apart from the two tours and two presentations, the building itself is a huge maze of stairways ... I must have walked up and down about 30 flights!! Literally!!

Oh well, good for the legs and bum I guess :rolleyes:

I had a bar for lunch (he asked if I'd brought my lunch with me; I said yes ... you should've seen the look on his face when I produced a little bar from my bag!).
So - a very interesting day all-in-all but very tiring. And I STILL don't really know what project I'm supposed to be doing!!

It sounds hectic but I think you loved it! I can hear the energy and enthusiasm in your post. You love a challenge RD, I know you do and this sounds right up your street. You get in there and organise this bloke, you're just the lady for the job!

Love

I agree with Barb, you have an energy in your voice:)

It sounds, once you get organised it could be very interesting work experience.

You will have to get yourself and Omron to count your steps, nothing like stairs to tone the legs and buttocks.:D

You did well to stick with your CD when out of the comfort zone like that. Well done:happy096:

Love Mini xxx

A pound ... a measly effin' pound for all the deprivation last week!!!

Now I'm starting to get pee'd off. A couple of pounds a week I'd be OK with but these alternate weeks of just 1lb are just not on!!

My CDC and me tried to work out what could be going wrong - although I'm not pedantically on 790, I don't eat starchy carbs and I NEVER go over 1000 cals. But I don't have anything at all until lunch time and my CDC has said I should try and have something at breakfast time to see if it makes a difference kick-starting my metabolism. Also, I need to make a lot more effort in the water drinking Dept.

Fed up!! Hmmph!! I want some Whole Nut! :mad:

PS
The good news is that I'm now in the 16s (just!)... considering I was in the 18s when I started on Jan 5th, that's a great psychological boost.

Hi Debbie,

A pound is still a pound!!!

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

Well done for getting into the sixteens:happy096:

This is what one pound of fat looks like:eek:

Love Mini xxx

Attachments

• one pound of fat!.jpg
    one pound of fat!.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 22
A pound is a pound is a pound, in any money.
You'd be pretty pis*ed if it was a pound ON!

Good point from Nikki! I know you must be peed off though. Perhaps with your CDC's ideas you will see a much better result next week.You deserve to, I know you are working so hard at this.

One thought, you've had a very lively week this week with all the stairs etc.. wonder if you have traded a lb or 2 of fat for muscle? That would be good!

Love

You're all right of course. A pound off is certainly better than a pound on. And to get things into perspective, I've lost 16lb in 5 weeks which isn't so bad. Even if I DID lose 1 and 2lb alternately, losing an average of 6lb per month STILL equates to 5st in a year. Now, that's how much I GAINED last year and I can tell you I considered that a very fast gain - why shouldn't I view it as an equally fast loss?

I made myself drink a toffee and walnut shake with a bit of PH in it (just enough to give it some substance) even though I wasn't particularly hungry. I'm going to make sure I have that every morning, a bar at lunch and my meal / mousse at night. We'll see if that makes a difference at next weeks weigh in.

Oh, by the way ... I got my genre exam result back from Uni - I got 63% (a 2:1) which I'm over the moon about. To go into a tough exam as shot to pieces as I was in December and manage to produce a result like that is not half bad. :)

Well done on the pound, and the cumulative weight loss so far xxx

Also, fantastic result for your exam hun xx

WEll done RD - you are cooking with gas, what a fab result, you must be well chuffed. You are right about the way to view the weight loss too - why do we feel SO down when we gain a pound and yet hardly more cheery when we lose one? It's mad!

Oh, by the way ... I got my genre exam result back from Uni - I got 63% (a 2:1) which I'm over the moon about. To go into a tough exam as shot to pieces as I was in December and manage to produce a result like that is not half bad. :)

Well done Debbie:happy096:
welldone22.gif

Hi Debbie,
Well done on the weight loss.
Was good to talk to you the other day sorry it was with bad news. Will be in touch soon.
Keep in touch.
Me x

You're all right of course. A pound off is certainly better than a pound on. And to get things into perspective, I've lost 16lb in 5 weeks which isn't so bad. Even if I DID lose 1 and 2lb alternately, losing an average of 6lb per month STILL equates to 5st in a year. Now, that's how much I GAINED last year and I can tell you I considered that a very fast gain - why shouldn't I view it as an equally fast loss?

I made myself drink a toffee and walnut shake with a bit of PH in it (just enough to give it some substance) even though I wasn't particularly hungry. I'm going to make sure I have that every morning, a bar at lunch and my meal / mousse at night. We'll see if that makes a difference at next weeks weigh in.

Not half bad?!! Good grief, woman! What does it take to make you realise just how damn SMART you really are!? :happy096:

I think your CDC is right and that starting your packs earlier in the day may help kick-start your metabolism into action. Also, did someone say they weren't drinking enough water? :whistle: You know the way it works by now don'tcha ... repeat after me:

"The more you drink, the faster you shrink" :D

I'm chanting your mantra Sharon ... "The more I drink the faster I shrink ..." ;)

Off to plug myself into the nearest tap!
Had quite a nice day up to the point where steam started pouring out from under the bonnest of our new car. We had to pull over and ended up calling the RAC as all the water from the radiator had poured out onto the road. Looks like the rad needs replacing - joy!!!
Oh well - these things happen but I'm going to have to get my Mazda (which I haven't advertised yet thank goodness) re-insured so I can get to Uni on Monday. Absolutely cannot miss Monday's session: got my first dissertation lecture. I've also got three of my nephews coming to stay on Monday for a few days as my brother-in-law is surprising my sister to a short break to Morocco ... I'm pleased for her even though I get the pleasure of a triple workload :sigh:

Thanks for all the support everyone. Dietrebel - hope you're feeling ok; thinking of you. Hugs xx

The weather was so lovely and spring-like today that OH and me decided to take a drive out to a really nice garden centre. It has a lovely restaurant and we thought wed have lunch there. I had my bar with me but decided I was going to have a 'proper' lunch ... it made all the difference saying 'I decided to' rather than 'I ate' because it shows I made a conscious decision and didnt just lose control.

and in making that decision, I chose fairly wisely instead of feeling guilty and just opting for anything and everything. I asked for a plain green salad bowl topped with cottage cheese and followed it with a black coffee and an indulgence in the form of a ginger and date cookie. I didn't bother with the CD bar - had it later after dinner.

No pig out, no guilt. Just a pleasant, sociable lunch with hubby in lovely surroundings. What a treat :)

Back