Russiandoll's Diary

... or a Big Mac and doughnut (that's the old me talking)

Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow ...

:rotflmao:..... If its any consolation mine would have been a Quarter Pounder with Cheese large fries, 6 chicken nuggets or 3 selects, still fanta and for dessert a mcflurry - thats just lunch BTW....

I think you should give em a wee tinkle and go and have a look round... x

That looks lovely Debbie, a real retreat. Don't hesitate, do it. You're worth it!

I agree with the others. Besides, it would cost you nothing to just have a look around and see what you think before you commit yourself xx

Good point Cheryl. Think I'll definitely check it out. The last one I tried (last year) was a fab gym but ultra modern and mixed sex. I felt really sellf conscious amongst the 'body beautifuls'. Maybe this one might be better because of its small, intimate atmosphere. I think it'll appeal far more to 'women of a certain age' (moi in other words). It's really near to me as well ... 5 minutes by car or 10 by bike.
Doesn't it look lovely too (you can see the sea from the entrance)

It certainly looks the biz. As you say it is small and intimate, and I feel that this could be better for you. I always think that any business that is not part of a big conglomerate strives harder to help people. This gym should put you at ease and help you in whatever way you wish. Make sure you have a list of questions handy so ALL your queries are answered before you commit.

Have a lovely family weekend xxxx

Drummed up the courage to pop into Miracles today just to check it out ... big notice on door 'Closed until Monday 3rd'. DOH!!

Don't know if that's an omen but I'll pop back when I get back from visiting my new grandson in Plymouth.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Drummed up the courage to pop into Miracles today just to check it out ... big notice on door 'Closed until Monday 3rd'. DOH!!

Don't know if that's an omen but I'll pop back when I get back from visiting my new grandson in Plymouth.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)
No - Its not an 'omen'. They are just closed till Monday, because they know you'll be too pre-occupied thinking about the lovely Evan that you wouldn't take everything in! Have a fantastic weekend hun, and go visit when you get back on Monday xxxxxx

I'm with Cheryl - you get in there on Monday Missus, just what you need!

Hello from Plymouth!

It was a nightmare journey last night. We broke down twice on the way, middle of nowhere, stormy weather, pitch black - you get the picture! A rubber tube has gone and transmission oil spurted all over the engine - the car is automatic and we lost all drive. The RAC came out, replaced to tube and stuck some more oil in. Eight miles along the road, we lost drive again. RAC came back out and stuck some more oil in ... we limped the remaining 50 miles to Amy's. We got here after 2am and I'm shattered today.

Steve checked the car this morning - oil and drive gone again so we're being taken home on a low-loader tomorrow. :(
This means I've got the hassle of trying to get the new car mended, contact the insurance company to take the new car OFF cover temporarily and and put the old car BACK on so I can get to Uni (at a cost of £20 each time). :sigh:

On the upside, Evan is as gorgeous as I thought he'd be. It was lovely being able to give him a cuddle and a bottle or two :)

Crikey Debb, you don't do troubles in halves do you? Bless you, what a rotten thing to have to put up with, especially when you were anxious to see your baby and her baby! It's good to hear that little Evan is so lovely; there is something very special about cuddling such a newborn baby. Nothing like it in the world. I will never forget holding my little grand-daughter for the first time. Now she is 2 she is even more lovely.

Glad that, apart from the dratted car, all is well.

Love

Hiya Debbie,
Sounds a great idea to join a gym and a ladies gym even better. Your grandson looks gorgeous lovely that you got to enjoy him and breathe in that lovely baby smell (ooohh i love that lol ) ! Sorry that you broke down what a dampner on a wonderful day!
Take care love Julie xxx

Well, I did it!
I've joined the ladies gym & spa ... my induction is on Friday at 11am. I went in today, had a chat and was shown around. It's set in an old converted church and is absolutely beautiful. Very serene and has a lovely friendly atmosphere. The staff are really nice - very welcoming and motivational without being 'gung-ho'!

Wish me luck!

You star! i am so chuffed with/for you. It will be lovely for you to have somewhere to go thats good for you in physical and emotional ways.

Glad you got on with it - did you still get the good deal? How's the car or woudl you rather i didn't ask?

Love

Well done darling! The first step is sometimes the biggest. Hope you had a wonderful weekend (ignoring the car issues!) x x x

Glad you got on with it - did you still get the good deal? How's the car or woudl you rather i didn't ask?

Love

Yes, I got the good deal ... £5.99 a week for unlimited use of gym, swimming pool and jacuzzi. There's also a beauty therapist / massage therapist and hair salon there (extra cost of course). They had an extra saving deal of a one off payment of £599 for the three years but don't have that sort of money going begging. Still, six quid a week isn't too much to pay for being able to use such a lovely facility and know that I'm doing something for myself.

Oh yes, I had a lovely weekend with my lovely family. The car issue was a real pain but hey, it happens.

It's still not fixed; I'm just waiting for a quote for the repair.

The price for the gym is very cheap and do hope you like it. Sounds very relaxing and informal

And how was the baby?

Irene xx

Hi RD!

The gym sounds fab and perfect.... and the price is brilliant.... I've been signed up by the doc for a 'Get Active' 12 week scheme and it's at the local council gym..... not pleasant.... and £2.50 a session - they recommend 2 - 3 per week plus £2 car parking.... not overly impressed.... but yours sounds lush.... and no sweaty men either - bonus.... ENJOY!!

Glad you had a nice weekend with your new little man.... he's lush :D

Shame about the car.... pesky things....:rolleyes:

Back