Russiandoll's Diary

So sorry to hear your news Deb darling. Thinking of you and your family and sending lots of hugs x x x

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry to hear that, what an absolute battle he fought. I can only imagine the onslaught of feelings that must be hitting you, your dear Mum and your sisters and your children.

I am thinking of you, sending you love and hoping that as the days pass you remember less of him in pain and discomfort and more as the Dad you loved and had fun with.

with lots of love and hugs as always

really sorry to hear that Debbie, you & all your family will be in my thoughts theses coming days.
huggs to you all
xx

I am so, so sorry to hear about your Dad RD, he fought a long and brave battle to stay with you all as long as he did.... may he be free from pain and at peace....

Lots of love to you and your family

My prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.

Hugs to you and your family darling at this very sad time. Thinking of you xxx

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.
My lovely dad died on Friday 23rd May aged 68. He had prostate, bone and lung cancer but fought it to the very end, only giving up the battle when he had nothing left to fight with.

I was kneeling by his side, holding his hand and whispering reassurances to him as he peacefully slipped away. It was a dignified end to a wonderfully full life.
I will miss him terribly.

Me and my dad, Feb 2007

What a beautiful tribute, my thoughts are with you and your family at this very sad time.

xxxxx

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts.
My lovely dad died on Friday 23rd May aged 68. He had prostate, bone and lung cancer but fought it to the very end, only giving up the battle when he had nothing left to fight with.

I was kneeling by his side, holding his hand and whispering reassurances to him as he peacefully slipped away. It was a dignified end to a wonderfully full life.
I will miss him terribly.

Me and my dad, Feb 2007

Oh Debbie - so sorry to hear about your loss......and what a lovely tribute to your dad....love the photo of you both - sounds like you have many many happy memories to help you through these difficult days.

much love to you and your family at this very sad time....thinking about you

Debz xx

Thinking of you at the moment Deb, and echoing the others- that is a beautiful tribute. You look very much like your dad, his memory will certainly live on in you. Sending my love to you and your family xx

Debbie: my heartleft condolences to you and your family and friends who knew your father.

Take good care of yourself. :hug99:

I don't have any words - this is from Kahlil Gibran's "The Prophet" and despite being an atheist I find his work spiritual and moving - his words are beautiful - as is your soul. So sorry for your loss. Carol x

Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you.
It was but yesterday we met in a dream.
You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I of your longings have built a tower in the sky.
But now our sleep has fled and our dream is over, and it is no longer dawn.
The noontide is upon us and our half waking has turned to fuller day, and we must part.
If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, we shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.
And if our hands should meet in another dream, we shall build another tower in the sky

Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you.
It was but yesterday we met in a dream.
You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I of your longings have built a tower in the sky.
But now our sleep has fled and our dream is over, and it is no longer dawn.
The noontide is upon us and our half waking has turned to fuller day, and we must part.
If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, we shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.
And if our hands should meet in another dream, we shall build another tower in the sky

Thank you ... that is so beautiful xxx

i wish I could be with you in person to give you a big hug. So sorry to hear your news and wish you and all your family my love and condolences

Irene xx

Oh debbie.. im so sad to hear about your loss.. :(.. if you ever need a chat.. you know where i am..
Love you *hugs hugs hugs*

x x x

A friend of mine has just lost her Mum to cancer and I never seem to be able to find the right words - I find poetry expresses all the things I wish I could say in comfort. Re-read some Kahlil Gibran and also found a wonderful poem called "The Beauty of Death" which I will pm to you.

How wonderful that you also have a new life in your Grandson- a new life beginning as another's closes. My friend also found out she was pregnant with a lttle girl just after her Mum passed - Beautiful Karma.

Hugs

Carol x

Back