ProPoints Ruth Is On A Mission! 22.5/50

*Claire-Bear* said:
It just annoys me how they can just use the word diabetes willy nilly ... Its a horrible, serious condition and it can upset people to be told their diabetic as it can kill you. You probably suffer from hypoglycaemia, which isnt diabetes it just means your body is producing too much insulin, hence the needing meals often. diabetes is when the body doesn't produce enough or in my case, none atall. Ooooooh doctors n nurses no nowt these days! Gets me soooo angry! Xxxxxxx

I agree with you totally it put the fear of god into me and I did know what to do!
Tbh I thought it was just low blood sugars that can be controlled and as a first aider and stuff seeing clients with type 1 injecting themselves etc I couldn't really believe it, especially as type 2 is more common like 30+ is it?!
I think they should have called me in rather than do it over the phone! It wasn't fair!

Sorry if I've upset you Claire!

Ruth
X

Have a lovely time away, sounds like you really need the break! Fingers crossed the weather stays like this for you.

Sorry to hear about your suspected diabetes, but it sounds like eating little and often will help make you feel better.

I'm sure you will be a great manager of all those smelly boys. If you're brother plays up just bring in naked baby photos of him!

Well done on your STS and have a great holiday.

Ruth x

Hey Ruth glad to have ya back :)

I agree with Claire, I reckon it'd be that hypoglycaemia too, you don't eat properly in your job and it's gonna have a knock on effect, I'm the same I don't exactly ever feel hungry, I start to feel sick and all of a sudden I'll snap and get really moody and nasty. Ralph always knows when I'm hungry, better than I do.

I think you just need to eat regular smaller meals say 6 times a day but you need to speak to work about it, get your doctor to write you a letter.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Mrsm79 said:
Hey Ruth glad to have ya back :)

I agree with Claire, I reckon it'd be that hypoglycaemia too, you don't eat properly in your job and it's gonna have a knock on effect, I'm the same I don't exactly ever feel hungry, I start to feel sick and all of a sudden I'll snap and get really moody and nasty. Ralph always knows when I'm hungry, better than I do.

I think you just need to eat regular smaller meals say 6 times a day but you need to speak to work about it, get your doctor to write you a letter.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I am exactly the same. I go from feeling fine to suddenly feeling sick and dizzy. If I have a bad day I eat five times instead of three and split my lunch in two.

Trefoil said:
I agree with you totally it put the fear of god into me and I did know what to do!
Tbh I thought it was just low blood sugars that can be controlled and as a first aider and stuff seeing clients with type 1 injecting themselves etc I couldn't really believe it, especially as type 2 is more common like 30+ is it?!
I think they should have called me in rather than do it over the phone! It wasn't fair!

Sorry if I've upset you Claire!

Ruth
X

Eh, you havent? Its not your fault that they told you this, its those idiot health professionals that no nowt .... I find it annoying the ignorance of docs n nurses towards diabetes ..... None of them will go out their way to learn about it.

Type 1 Diabetes is confirmed in people up to 30years old and the pancreas produces no insulin so you have to do its job ...injecting as you eat. You suffer high and low blood sugars.

Type 2 diabetes is when you have had a bad lifestyle for years, usually overweight. Your body still produces insulin but not enough so you either diet control or take tablets that stimulate the pancreas to help it produce more.

Ruth, you totally havent upset me .. Make sure you tell them docs off .... And a tip for wen you have a hypo, carry glucose tablets with ya incase your stuck and havent had a meal xxxxxxx

ooooh not good ruth :( you'll be a great manager!!!!! just stick em on pool for 1hour n a half if they pee you off lol

please can you post your diary when you get it all started as i only eat small meals so it sounds like that will be good for me

defo get the doctor told off - they could have spoken to anyone over the phone grrrrrrr - not the best at all

btw please can i come to this meet up? love love love liverpool (L) i'll be the youngest one but i don't care lol xxx

Hugs Ruth!!! U can totally do the management thing!! Z

Hiya Ruth, so sorry I have been awol, I'm trying to catch up on everyone but honestly there is so much reading. How are you now. I've read about the Diabetis and like Claire pisses me off they just use the term so so easily. Just stick with what makes sense for you and makes you feel well. The 6 small meals a day sounds good.

As for being manager, you can totally do it. Just take the hard line when you have too. Best of luck xx

Hello everyone!

I have been AWOL and been on holiday but I'm back now and raring to go!

Haven't seen the scales- wont see them until Friday and don't feel too bad!!! Walked 27 miles between Monday and Saturday so super chuffed with that, swam twice a day played badminton went running and cycling :D

100% all week and we will see the result on Friday!

Claire- glad I didn't upset you! I hate the doctors with a passion and avoid it at all costs!

Annie- I will post for sure! Just getting myself sorted! We would love to see you in Liverpool :D

MrsLMC- lovely to see you here! Hope you're ok!!!

Carly- hope you're ok Mrs! Everything sounds like its going great for you!!!!

Starkissed- I had a fabulous time!!!!!!!

Nissi- everything still looking good for my boss! Hoping it will continue that way!

Iwillbeaskinnyminnie- thanks! It's just hard work when one of the lads is your 17 year old brother hahah! Will show them what I'm made of *flexes muscles* ;)

Amigurumi- I do actually like my shops I just dont think I can live on tinned macaroni cheese/soup/beans etc forever :(
Been to morrisons this week as we had a voucher and got Tonnes of stuff for 50 quid :D

I ate sensibly and had smaller meals which led to my mum going "you're eating too much" blah blah blah :mad: but then I enjoyed myself on a night but I didn't blow it! I came back not feeling guilty which is such a rarity!!!! I have found myself reaching for Lucozade/coca cola when I feel I need it but that's not too bad :) I'm just plodding on and I'm becoming more aware of when my body needs/wants something rather than just ignoring it!

Really going for it on The management training front too! Will see when I get into work tomorrow :) managers scan shows baby In the right place but it's sitting low I her womb so she is worried- she has another one on the 21st March but it's looking good!!!!

On another note!

OU tutor rang me to discuss options for my next module and also to tell me that I have the highest marks for my assessments out of everyone and I'm also the youngest :D
So chuffed :D

Back to my Slimpod for another 21 days now!!!

Diaries to follow!!!

Hope that everyone is ok!!!

Ruth
X

Last edited:
Day 54
Sunday 11th March 2012

Brunch:
Coca Cola = 3PP
1x Thin Warburtons Bread Slice = 2PP
1x Tsp Manuka 10+ Honey = 1PP
284ml Skimmed Milk = 3PP
Green Tea & Lemon = 0PP
Black Tea = 0PP

Afternoon Snack 1:
Sainsburys TTD Pamplona Picante Chorizo & 3 Bean Soup = 5PP

Afternoon Snack 2:
30g Bran Flakes = 3PP
Rest Of Milk Allowance

Dinner:
1/2 Pack Morrisons Meat Feast Pasta Melt = 20PP
WW Choc Chip Cookies = 2PP

2 Litres Of Water

= 39/31

= 8/49

Walking = 3AP

Ruth
X

Right I'm in a pickle!

It's a birthday dinner tonight for my flatmate but we are doing the morrisons five pound deal which is a pasta melt, garlic ciabatta and crumble cake for a fiver!

If I had half of everything then I would use 50PP- ridiculous? Or should I just stick with half of the pasta and leave the rest?

Ruth
X

If it was me is want dessert def ha! So I'd leave the garlic ciabatta as its probs quite high in points have a little pasta and fill up on salad and still have the dessert, you don't weigh in till Friday though so if you want to use some weeklies on it it shouldn't affect wi although then you would have to stick to dailies all week...tough one! X

starkissedx said:
If it was me is want dessert def ha! So I'd leave the garlic ciabatta as its probs quite high in points have a little pasta and fill up on salad and still have the dessert, you don't weigh in till Friday though so if you want to use some weeklies on it it shouldn't affect wi although then you would have to stick to dailies all week...tough one! X

I will do!!!!!!

Great idea! Not sure if I fancy the garlic ciabatta anyway!

Will see how I feel?!?

Ruth
X

OH and I went for a unplanned lovely walk and a nice drive! He is so thoughtful and romantic sometimes! Where we live there's tonnes of grass and fields that are protected by the queen so we went for a lovely walk :D

Food plans have changed a little bit :)

Will re post my menu!

Ruth
X

Trefoil said:
Thanks!

How are you doing?!

Ruth
X

Good thank-you. Went a bit wayward food wise this weekend but still on the right track.

Sounds like you've had a lovely day. Husband and I just watched Hurt Locker, now I'm doing the washing up. Slightly less romantic!

Ruth x

Back