Ruthie's Weight Loss Journey - 3lb away from next stone bracket!

OMG I lived in priory, in my first year (now in my 4th lol). OH it was awful wasn't it! did you ever see the canteen?? Fried breakfast every morning and yes I know I should have said no but it was my first year away from home, i was in heaven. It was VERY hard to keep weight down when your food was given to you! And you pay for it in your rent so you never wanted to 'skip it'. What are you studying? Are you in halls or a house? I have my own lil' studio flat (within halls) and i am so determined! I've bought the cutest pasta plate from debenhams which is my portion plate. It's the perfect size for what i'd need instead of these huge plates they sell you're, well, likely to fill!!

Sadly I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the canteen, my friend's room was enough for me! She couldn't even open her window all the way because apparently there were loads of suicides!? When I got there she was showing me her room and it was just like 'that's broken...that works sometimes...that's never worked', lol she called the people on her corridor her 'cell mates'. Mind you last year the front door in my halls had a massive hole in it so I can't exactly talk...

I was in self-catered halls last year and now I'm going into a house. God, I remember going to the supermarket for the first time though and thinking that I could eat exactly what I wanted! Came back with ice cream, tonnes of chocolate, Doritos and sausage rolls lol and not a lot else. Don't think I even touched a vegetable till second term. Fried breakfasts would have been the end for me so thank God I didn't have easy access to them!

I'm studying History, what about you? You're so lucky getting an extra year at uni!

Sadly I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the canteen, my friend's room was enough for me! She couldn't even open her window all the way because apparently there were loads of suicides!? When I got there she was showing me her room and it was just like 'that's broken...that works sometimes...that's never worked', lol she called the people on her corridor her 'cell mates'. Mind you last year the front door in my halls had a massive hole in it so I can't exactly talk...

I was in self-catered halls last year and now I'm going into a house. God, I remember going to the supermarket for the first time though and thinking that I could eat exactly what I wanted! Came back with ice cream, tonnes of chocolate, Doritos and sausage rolls lol and not a lot else. Don't think I even touched a vegetable till second term. Fried breakfasts would have been the end for me so thank God I didn't have easy access to them!

I'm studying History, what about you? You're so lucky getting an extra year at uni!

Lol! Yep, that sounds like priory all right! Yeah, there was a sainsburys round the corner, I was always stocking up on things that didn't last. It's awful when I think back! I am studying Criminology! History, wow, i'm always gutted that I didn't stick with history for my degree because I love the subject, I went the career route instead! Do you enjoy it? I am off my my W.I at 6! Am nervous!

everyone is doing so well. x

Lol! Yep, that sounds like priory all right! Yeah, there was a sainsburys round the corner, I was always stocking up on things that didn't last. It's awful when I think back! I am studying Criminology! History, wow, i'm always gutted that I didn't stick with history for my degree because I love the subject, I went the career route instead! Do you enjoy it? I am off my my W.I at 6! Am nervous!

I do enjoy it a lot yeah, modern history anyway, last year was a bit so so for me because we had this compulsory early modern course that lasted all year which bored me to tears! But I've picked all my options for myself this year so I'm really looking forward to it. Criminology sounds really interesting, do you want to work for the police or something? No idea what I'm going to do with my life, probably work on the Drive Thru at McD's according to some of my friends who do science degrees :rolleyes:

Good luck for WI, I weigh myself at home and it's torture not getting on the scales during the week!

Have lost another lb! YAY!! Lowest EVER EVER!!!!
I know for a fact that I was a stone heavier than I am now. I joined ww a few weeks before I left Uni and I was XX.08 and now I am the stone below that. When I joined this time I was a few lb less so I've got 2 1/2 to go, but in my mind I know I lost a stone now! hehe!

A couple of things that have lifted my spirits today :

YouTube - Brains Drenched TV Ad Rhythm is a Dancer

Anyone who ever watched thunderbirds will appreciate this.

And anyone who loves CSI will be jumping around when they see this :

YouTube - CSI: 9x01 Promo--For Warrick

Hehe. Am off to sister's flat then we are going to see The Duchess yay! And I have a nice baguette from sainsburys for 7 1/2 points (as my dinner!) YAY!

Why did u make me watch that csi thing? now im crying all over again!!

is the csi thing sad? i love to watch csi.x

It's just the promo for series 9. Looks like it's going to be a great (if sad) series opener! I know, I sat there like this :eek: when I watched it. I'm glad Sara's back though!

ahh gr8. did u watch all of the other series?x

ahh gr8. did u watch all of the other series?x

Have I just! I am quite obsessed. Have series 1-7 on dvd and 8 on my comp. It's so good. have you ever watched criminal minds? That is like CSI but is just more about the psychological factors. Is great? Are you a big fan?

Am having a great day :p Went to Mcdonalds today for lunch and it felt so good to be within my points. Me, mum and dad went to Windsor for the day. I have so much more energy these days. Got a new coat, it is really nice. I was walking around Dorothy Perkins so happy looking around thinking I can actually buy new clothes. :p:p Am at sisters flat to watch the England match. Am gutted that northern Ireland just lost. Have got a nice 3 point custard doughnut to eat tonight. Hehe!

I hope everyone is doing okay! I'm feeling so happy with weight watchers at the moment. Motivated, ya know? :D

rofusdoofus!!! a MASSIVE WELL DONE to you so far!! :) That's nearly a stone girl! woo!hoo!

You'll look great for going back to Uni;)

rofusdoofus!!! a MASSIVE WELL DONE to you so far!! :) That's nearly a stone girl! woo!hoo!

You'll look great for going back to Uni;)

Hehe, thanks! I know, it is making the prospect of going back to uni even more exciting. It's the one thing that has always made me miserable. Now I can change that!! How are you? How is everything going? Are you back to ww now? Or just popping in! Do miss you! Thanks for support, keep on keeping on!

Well done on your weight loss so far, ruth.

I'm working my way through the CSIs on DVD so best not watch the trailer. I love Warrick! I hope nothing horrible happens to him!

It's just the promo for series 9. Looks like it's going to be a great (if sad) series opener! I know, I sat there like this :eek: when I watched it. I'm glad Sara's back though!

:eek: i LOVE CSI! Did you ever see the Grave Danger one? IT was a season finale. I cried the whole way through!!! Watched it so many times and never tire of it!x

Back