Ruth's JUDDD Diary

Today :)

420/424

Another successful DD done and dusted :)

WI tomorrow EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Ruth
x

Today :)

420/424

Another successful DD done and dusted :)

WI tomorrow EEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!

Ruth
x

Yay, well done! Good luck for tomorrow! :cross:

Just wanted to share something with you all- not getting too excited though :)

There's an old church that has been converted into flats and apartments, and there's one for sale that my OH and I were looking into a couple of months ago but it had already gone but it has fallen through so we are off to look at it!!! Its shared ownership as its part of a scheme to get more first time buyers on the market so we are off to view it on Saturday morning- never been so excited!!!
We have been together for 6 years in November, hes 24 and im 21 so I hope we aren't too young! My boss is pregnant (nearly 6 months) and Im her deputy so im taking her post for at least a year or longer (she may not come back) so I will be getting a pay rise :)
We currently live in a 2 bedroom flat that belongs to my OHs mum so Im REALLY excited :) Growing up!!!! ;)

Ruth
x

That's very exciting, hope you get it. Oh to be 21 again...
X

MrsC999 said:
That's very exciting, hope you get it. Oh to be 21 again...
X

Being 21 isn't that great haha! I feel far too grown up already ;)

I hope we get it too eeek!

Ruth
X

Good luck tomorrow and with the viewing.
21 - hell you just made me feel really old (I'm old enough to be your mother!)

gentoo/aptenny

Snap gentoo x

gentoo said:
Good luck tomorrow and with the viewing.
21 - hell you just made me feel really old (I'm old enough to be your mother!)

gentoo/aptenny

Thanks!! Oooof I didn't mean to make you feel old eeeek! I'm actually 30?!?!!? (any better?!?!)

Ruth
X

It's ok. Grub is seven years younger than me. When I started teaching he was still at school and if I'd had the misfortune of applying to the next school down the road from where I was he would have been in my gcse science group! Now that's scary!!!
Even more scary is the thought that my first class of y7s are now nearing their 30s and in theory I could be teaching their children!
21 again. I sooooo wish!!!!! Apart from the fact I was a size 6 and desperately trying to "gain" weight at the time as opposed to lose it!!!

gentoo/aptenny

wish I was 21 again...my husband and I are hoping to buy soon...its difficult with banks not even considering anyone without at least 15% deposit...thats what they told us, come back when you have at least 20k saved!

We sold our house last year and went back to renting again simply because we didn't want to lose the house when the mortgages go back up and knowing we couldn't afford to pay any more than we were on. We used the money to pay off debts and buy everything new so that we knew it would last as things were on their last legs and dying!
We have no chance of paying a deposit as we can't save anything - three young kids, one in full time nursery at over £850/month and at least two more years before his costs go down - but will still need after/before school care. (along with the other 2)
21 again? I'd do a lot of things differently... Saving money being high on the list!

gentoo/aptenny

Yeah I defo wish Id started saving earlier. Even at my age 27 most of my friends dont have a penny in the bank, and they are all professionals.

Where we live it's one of the most expensive areas in the country which is why we are looking at shared ownership- just hoping it works :) in Harrogate average rent prices are 600-700 PCM and it all gets a bit mad! I just hope we are lucky!

Ruth
X

My son is 21!!!! My OH and I have been married 25 years!

Oh Ruth that sounds perfect for you I will keep everything crossed for you xx
Me and OH didn't get together until I was 29 he was 31, I had my own house and so did he, this was just before house prices first started going mad so we were lucky sold both our houses for a small profit and got a joint mortgage on a lovely 1920's semi 4 beds 2 receptions etc etc , If we were trying to get on the housing market now we wouldn't stand a cat in hells chance and wouldn't be able to get a mortgage on a 1 bed flat, I no longer work and my OH has an OK job but no where near enough to fund a £!80, 000 mortgage for a 4 bed house in our little town, I really feel for people trying to get on the housing ladder today as it really seems like an impossible task, the only winners are the buy to rent owners.

Thank you all very much :) managed to get a viewing on Saturday at 1pm eeeeeek well excited!!! Will show u some piccies when I've been :)

I have lost another 3lbs!!!!! The last 2 were over TOTM so completely amazed!!! I think that whoever made me have a bad start to the week is making up for it :)

Soooo pleased!!! 13 8 1/4 now!!!!

Ruth
X

Brilliant. Well done Ruth. Hope I start seeing numbers like that soon
X

Back