Ryanair and Virgin Atlantic! Help!

Biogirl

Hi.

So I am having an absolute meltdown at the moment because I have 2 flights coming up (Ryanair and virgin atlantic) and I'm not sleeping or eating over worry that I will get kicked off the flight for being too fat (I'm size 26/28). Will I fit in 1 seat?

Also if I need an extender-will the extender fit me? What if I'm too fat for the extender! How long are the seatbelts?

Someone please calm my nerves 😦🙁😢

How about emailing the airlines - would have thought they'd be able to answer your query - their replies should be helpful and reassure you. Enjoy yourself x

I'm a size 22 and I just fit in Ryanair seats without an extender , it is uncomfortable but I fit so you should be fine with an extender! Virgin Atlantic seats will be bigger and the belts are longer on bigger planes to so I don't think you'll have a problem at all!

Hello,
I'm literally having a similar freak-out as I'm flying Ryan Air in 5 weeks.
I did the online live chat today and asked them how long are their seat belts.
They confirmed 30 inches, 76 cm maximum, but in some cases, it could be less if a repair has been carried out on the belt!
I'm in between a UK size 20/22, 5'9 tall, so it's going to be very borderline for me.
I've started slim and save today in the hopes I can get a stone or so off before I go!!

My aunt is a size 20 and we have flown with her before without needing an extender, it was just uncomfortable for her since the sides of the seat are so rigid and its quite narrow. But there was no issue. Hope this helps put your mind at ease, and enjoy your trip :)

Hello,
I'm literally having a similar freak-out as I'm flying Ryan Air in 5 weeks.
I did the online live chat today and asked them how long are their seat belts.
They confirmed 30 inches, 76 cm maximum, but in some cases, it could be less if a repair has been carried out on the belt!
I'm in between a UK size 20/22, 5'9 tall, so it's going to be very borderline for me.
I've started slim and save today in the hopes I can get a stone or so off before I go!!

How can this be true? Even fit teenage lads can have 30” waists!

Back