Ryan's Diary

Ryan1405

Hi, My name is Ryan, I'm 23 and I have a weight problem.

I thought I would start a diary after I started reading dave's.

Like Dave I have tried lots of different diets but sticking to them is the bug bear, I tend to be able to stick to a diet for a week / 2 weeks and then it all falls by the waist side. ( Celebrity slim / Scottish Slimmers / Weight watchers. )

My cousins partner recommended slimming world to me because all she can do is talk about how good the chips are and that they are free.

So I started 3 days ago sitting at 20 st 5, I also had a doctors appointment because my mum is worried about me ( as they do ) because heart attacks run in my family.. ( I lost both of my grand dads to heart attacks at young ages )

I think I just need help more than anything, I think with most diets I tended to eat the same sort of stuff ( same fruit etc ) and then got bored of it then just started tucking into biscuits etc...

So it begins... Started 3 days ago and seem to be doing ok, still not sure of the in's and out's of the diet but im getting there. Had the chips for the first time last night and they were really nice.

I also made spag bol with quorn mince and that seems to fill me right up and I don't seem to feel the need for anything else.

Fruit pastels are my syn of choice!

I am going to cheat and weight myself today.. Just so I can keep a track of what i'm doing on here.

Currently sitting at - 19st 10, just after lunch and fully clothed.

Also hoping that this is going to be my motivation to stick to it and not let it just whittle away like the rest of them!

I look forward to hearing from any of you and to keep in touch.

Ryan

*Green Day*
Today I have had :-

Breakfast - 2 Weetabix / 250ml Milk

Lunch - 2 Pieces of Wholemeal toast with scrambled egg, cooked with fry light

Dinner - I am having Chicken Thighs with cheese and rice so am I saving up all my syns from today so I can have it.

I have used the extra milk to drink tea with some sweetner in and I plan to go have a few Kiwi's in just a minute and lash out on the fruit!

Hi Ryan!!! Welcome to sw!!!

Starting was the biggest step and you have achieved that. I started 5 weeks ago and lost 11 lbs in the first 3 weeks and then had a blip last week and put on a pound. But this is a healthy eating way of living, so you can't deny yourself all the time I guess??? And you have to live life, which means that you have good weeks and bad!

Weight in on sat so hoping I've lost that pound and maybe another!!!!

Anyhow, good for u and just wantedto say hi and ur not alone!!!! I only started posting on here last night but had been looking around for weeks, and i'm hoping this will help.

Gotta fly as off for an Indian for colleague leaving do tonight!!!!! Rogan josh for me and am driving!!

Good luck with your first week!

Rachel

Hi,
Thanks for your reply i have actually scrapped the idea of having that chicken and im going to have some chips and quorn sausages instead!

Yeah well I hope to keep it up, i think im going to buy a bike online, just checking my funds first!!

Yum!! Still can't get over the fact you can have chips!!! Makes you feel as if you're not on a diet. Much healthier than my Indian.

Good luck with the bike online! My other half ordered us mountain bikes last weekend and there are now 2 huge boxes in the hall!! Guess what I'll be doing this weekend!!

Hi Ryan

Your story sounds interesting, I hope sw turns out to be the right thing for you to enjoy and lose weight on.

I am 3 days in as well and am doing ee every day for now. I completely understand you weighing yourself but try not to - our bodies change weight so much during the day that if you see you have put on or stabilised you may get disheartened and that's not good. Keeping off the scales and only getting on them once a week will be much better for your motivation - I understand though, I'm a bit of a scales hogger myself!!

Enjoy dinner!

Claire xx

Hi Clare, I don't normally do that but I though as I was starting a Diary I better get a look at what I'm dealing with.

Didn't see a bike on gumtree so I've tracked one down that was reviewed on the gadget show that's meant to be amazing value for £100 (According to them), So i guess i'll grab that one.

Done well today, haven't used any syns just had tea and fruit!

Spag bol with quorn mince is my saving grace because it tastes amazing and It tricks me into thinking i'm having the real thing!

Back at work tomorrow and that's when theres going to be biscuits etc so it shall be a challenge!!

Back