S&S diary - I will lose this weight!

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Well last night I ordered a weeks worth of S&S food. I hope to start giving it a go later this week after I have run out of perishable food. I've previously done SW which I loved and although I had great losses on it I found it hard to stick to as my head wasn't in the right place. I hope that by doing this I can get rid of my bad food habits and 'reset' myself to start new, better, ones. I have quite a bit to lose so I know it will take a while. I plan on staying on this until I feel I am ready to move back onto 'real food' at which point I'll probably re-join SW.

There's a few dates where I know I'm going to come of plan. One being a meal in November where I have already booked food, the other being xmas. Just hope I don't gain too much when I do come off!

I don't know if this will work for me but I hope it does as I really need the losses.

Bye bye weight :wavey:

Start day: Thursday 3rd Nov 2011

Day 1

Breakfast - Vanilla shake. This tasted horrid but I'm sure I'll get used to it and probably end up loving it. The smell of the powder (and slightly the shake) makes me want to puke though. Took a while to get through it though as if I took more than a sip at a time it made me retch.

Lunch - Choc-banana shake. This tasted far far better than the vanilla and boy I'm glad. Got a bit hungry at about 11am and had my shake around 1pm as that's as early as I could get to it. Drank just over 1ltr of water in the morning but then dropped again in the afternoon as I slept for 3pm-9pm for no reason what-so-ever. Whilst asleep I ended up dreaming of Curly Wurly's!
Very odd as I so rarely eat them.

Dinner - Spicy Spag Bol. This was far nicer than I was expecting when I put it in the microwave. At first it just looks like a gloup of mixture and water but after the 2 minutes it actually looks quite nice. Tastes very spicy (for me at least) and is quite filling. Am looking forward to my next spag bol pack.

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Day 7

Total loss:

Measurements at start:
Neck 39cm
Shoulders 119cm
Bust 123cm
Waist 120cm
Hips 132cm
Forearms 33cm
Biceps 42cm
Thighs 78cm
Calf's 52cm

Last edited:
Welcome, and good luck! If you can stick to low carb meals on your odd nights off it's far easier to keep going. Getting back into ketosis is quite difficult and you really won't want to be doing that too often.

If you are going to have a break then do it for a specific reason/period of time (I think many of us will have a break over Xmas), don't come out of ketosis for the sake of 1 meal.

Welcome, and good luck! If you can stick to low carb meals on your odd nights off it's far easier to keep going. Getting back into ketosis is quite difficult and you really won't want to be doing that too often.

If you are going to have a break then do it for a specific reason/period of time (I think many of us will have a break over Xmas), don't come out of ketosis for the sake of 1 meal.

I'm going to try and really cut down what I eat of the meal. Its tomato and basil soup, followed by roast turkey followed by vanilla cheesecake.
I'm thinking the soup should be ok, the roast turkey should be ok as long as I leave any potatoes and just have the turkey and a bit of veg. The cheesecake is going to be the main problem as I looooooove it. Do you think a slice of cheesecake would bring me out of ketosis?

I'm not an expert on low carbing but a cheesecake has got to be pretty high in carbs, so along with what else you have in the meal plus what you've had earlier in the day I would think that you may end up out of ketosis. Maybe you could try to have your only carbs that day in the evening meal and choose some no carb options before you go - eggs or plain chicken or something? You'd need to look it up though as I'm not that familiar with low carbing.

I'm not an expert on low carbing but a cheesecake has got to be pretty high in carbs, so along with what else you have in the meal plus what you've had earlier in the day I would think that you may end up out of ketosis. Maybe you could try to have your only carbs that day in the evening meal and choose some no carb options before you go - eggs or plain chicken or something? You'd need to look it up though as I'm not that familiar with low carbing.

I'd probably try and only have one shake earlier in the day so I could keep the calories down. I don't know much about low carbing but I'm guessing turkey is pretty much the same as chicken so basically no carbs and I can't imagine tomato soup having very much in the way of carbs. I know cheesecake is quite high carbs though. If needs be I'll just have to try and pass it on.

I think you're looking at a maximum of 50 - 60g of carbs per day to stay in ketosis so maybe try and count the carbs up for your meal and see where that gets you. Most of the online supermarket sites give good nutritional info these days. A serving of tomato and basil soup looks to be about 13g carbs (no bread :)), turkey should be nothing so it's just the veggies and cheesecake to add (plus any alcohol;)). The S&S shakes are about 13g. If you do go out of ketosis you just need an awful lot of willpower to get back in which is why I wouldn't do it just for 1 meal.

I won't be drinking. Luckily I'm not much of a drinker so that much won't be too hard. It does sound like it could work though which makes me very happy.

Just a quick warning here, and trust me I hate to be a spoilsport - but do be careful of the tomato soup. Some chefs add a lot of sugar to tomato soups to cut through acidity and generally to bring out the taste so I'd advise being a little cautious :)

As for what amount of carbs brings one out of ketosis, I think it's somewhat dependent on the individual's insulin sensitivity so there's no hard and fast rule. Just remember, if you do decide on going for the cheesecake - the first 3 bites are the best ;) No one says we have to eat everything!

Thanks Lucy. I'll be aware of that. I want to try and leave something each time anyway so I can get out of the habit of having to clear my plate.

Well all my stuff has arrived today so all being well tomorrow will be D day. I'm really apprehensive and excited at the same time. Its scary seeing a weeks worth of meals come in such a small box though!!

This was on the Livestong website "If your daily carb target is below 20 g a day, you are best to avoid eating tomato soup or eat only very small amounts of it." As for the cheesecake, if your intention is to stay in ketosis then don't even look at it! :sigh:

This was on the Livestong website "If your daily carb target is below 20 g a day, you are best to avoid eating tomato soup or eat only very small amounts of it." As for the cheesecake, if your intention is to stay in ketosis then don't even look at it! :sigh:

Thanks that's really useful to know. I only plan on having a small amount of the soup anyway.

After getting my pack earlier today (a weeks worth). I've been mega organised and planned the entire week. I've even written the day on each sachet and bundled them together by day with an elastic band. This will never happen again.
I've also taken my measurements tonight as I won't have time when I weigh in the morning.

I did that too, organised all 4 weeks of it with what shakes etc I was having each day. Has gone out the window! My first few days I decided to hit the horrible ones or ones I didnt fancy first to get rid of them! haha good luck with tomoz! Are you excited? I remember I couldnt wait to get started as soon as I decided to do it :) Now I can't wait to stop... haha :)

I've tried to put the ones I'm more likely to like with the ones I'm less likely to like. Plus I have quite a few with banana in, quite a few with chocolate in and quite a few strawberry so made sure I don't have the same type of thing on the same day. I've also made it meal day 1, bar day 2, soup day 3, bar day 4, meal day 5, bar day 6, meal day 7.

Very organised! I did something similar in my first week but now I have a stash in my drawer at work and at home and just grab whatever :)

Started this morning. Didn't like the vanilla shake and ended up having to sip water between every sip of shake as it made me retch. So far drunk probably just over a litre of water which is amazing for me as that's probably a day's worth normally. Got hungry at about 11 having had my first shake at 7.30. Will have the next shake shortly. Luckily I can drink this one slower so hopefully it will make me feel fuller for longer. Fingers crossed I like choc-banana!

Back