S&S for a few weeks?

laurenmay

Gold Member
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about trying slim and save for a few weeks.. I won't be sticking with it for ages, mainly because I can't afford too, but I'm tempted to give it 2-4 weeks of strict slim & save, and then slowly transition to calorie counting & healthy eating.

Basically I want this for a good kickstart in the right direction, and then hopefully because I'll have lost - I hope! - I'll be more motivated and determined to stick with a healthier lifestyle & I'll be able to count calories with more ease and drive.

I'll either follow the slim and save refeed to count calories, or I'm considering following the Cambridge steps and working up the steps but with slim & save products.. I know that one lady in the refeed/maintenance part is doing this method & it seems to be working well for her.

Any thoughts?

Some ppl may not agree with doing short term vlcd but I say do it! It'll kick start your weightloss and hopefully get you ready for healthy eating :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you :) that's what I thought. I'm finding it difficult to just start calorie counting right at the beginning of my weight loss journey, but doing a VLCD for a short period of time will be so strict that when I do transition to calorie counting it should be easier - at least that's what I'm hoping!
But I don't wanna regain the weight lost on a VLCD so that's why I'll either follow the refeed plan or follow the Cambridge steps to transition from VLCD to calorie counting gradually & successfully.

This is my plan too! Have done a VLCD in the past for a much longer time and know realistically i just cant commit like that atm,. I`ve two young kids and just dont have the willpower to do a couple of months of VLCD! but could see myself doing a few weeks and use it as a quick start. Im just going to take it a week at a time, re-feed carefully and then carry on with weightwatchers to get to goal - thats the plan anyhoo! x

This is my plan too! Have done a VLCD in the past for a much longer time and know realistically i just cant commit like that atm,. I`ve two young kids and just dont have the willpower to do a couple of months of VLCD! but could see myself doing a few weeks and use it as a quick start. Im just going to take it a week at a time, re-feed carefully and then carry on with weightwatchers to get to goal - thats the plan anyhoo! x

I know what you mean, I've got 1 little boy whose 18 months old & don't want him seeing mummy living off shakes forever anyway! I want us as a family to eat healthily together & be active so that he doesn't grow up with weight problems like I did when I was little.. So I'm gonna VLCD for a little while, probably stick to step 1 for 2 weeks & if I feel like I could go longer then 4 weeks.. but definitely upping the steps the CD way after 4 weeks of step 1! Good luck :) xx

I completely agree, I`ve a 3 year old boy and 16 month old girl and like you, dont want them growing up seeing Mam not eating "proper food". Ive not done a VLCD in a while, was getting on quite well with weightwatchers but have put on 7lb in the past week and to lose that with WW will probs take me 6 weeks, and to be honest i CBA wasting 6 weeks when i could (hopefully) lose that in a week or two on S and S! Soooo i have placed my order, just one week for now, will see where i go from there. Would love to stay on longer but dont want to set unrealistic goals at this point, best of luck to you too, will keep an eye out for your posts :) x

Lauren in just going to quote you here

'I did choose to follow slim & save again, as I wanted the quick fix and to be thin asap, so I ordered two weeks worth of products which will now go to waste.. I don't know who I was kidding when I thought I could follow a VLCD, I may sustain it for a few days but would never manage to keep it up full time. Plus there's the downside that - say a special occasion came up that involved alcohol or food, I wouldn't really be allowed to just have the night off & enjoy myself and get back to plan tomorrow as I would with calorie counting, as planned days off and treats aren't really easy to do or possible at all on a VLCD'

You seem to be falling back into your old pattern again!! Please just stick with one thing for a few weeks and give something a chance! Do you really want be here next year having put a other 6 stone on from following this pattern? x

Lauren in just going to quote you here

'I did choose to follow slim & save again, as I wanted the quick fix and to be thin asap, so I ordered two weeks worth of products which will now go to waste.. I don't know who I was kidding when I thought I could follow a VLCD, I may sustain it for a few days but would never manage to keep it up full time. Plus there's the downside that - say a special occasion came up that involved alcohol or food, I wouldn't really be allowed to just have the night off & enjoy myself and get back to plan tomorrow as I would with calorie counting, as planned days off and treats aren't really easy to do or possible at all on a VLCD'

You seem to be falling back into your old pattern again!! Please just stick with one thing for a few weeks and give something a chance! Do you really want be here next year having put a other 6 stone on from following this pattern? x

But I won't be following S&S long term, that's the difference.. I want it for the kick up the butt and will only be using it to introduce me back into restricted food intake & to shed a few pounds in order to get me motivated. I've said all that above anyway.. I don't have any special occasions planned for the next two months which is why I'm choosing to do this now but not forever x

Its a great plan, I'd love to be able to do a few months and shed 3 stone but I cant seem to do it anymore, but its great for kickstarting the weight loss, makes you feel so good and then eating small sensible food feels amazing compared to the sachet food. It makes my appetite shrink loads too.
Im going to do the same come January

Back