S&S list of allowed protein?

And tuna. Hadn't thought of making it into a pasta bake, sounds good.

I don't know where the post is but there is one. Off the top of my head:

100g of:
Chicken,
White fish (cod, haddock, sea bass etc)
Salmon
Mackerel
Tuna
Prawns
(Pretty much any fish)
Cottage cheese
Tofu- depending on the brand, check the carb content

50g
Quorn

2 eggs

Thanks! Found some vac packed trout in lidl earlier thats just trout salt and garlic, going to have those in a min, 125g in a pack so slightly over the 100g allowed but i dont care im gonna eat them! Also picked up some prawns in brine but before I got to pay for them I noticed they contain citric acid so beware!

Thanks! Found some vac packed trout in lidl earlier thats just trout salt and garlic, going to have those in a min, 125g in a pack so slightly over the 100g allowed but i dont care im gonna eat them! Also picked up some prawns in brine but before I got to pay for them I noticed they contain citric acid so beware!

Sainsburys have a frozen pack of 6 cod steaks for 2.99. Each steak is just less then 100g. Plus they have frozen king prawns in 200g bags 2 for £4.00.

I hate fish but I'll eat it if it's a bargain xxx

I love fish especially prawns and salmon. I eat fish almost every day :)

The protein is only if you are on the 3 packs a day right? If I'm doing 4 I can't have it, but I can still have the 200g of veg?

Can you switch? sometimes having 3 packs and sometimes 4?

Sorry, this one is a little confusing to me! Sure I will get the hang of it soon!

The protein is only if you are on the 3 packs a day right? If I'm doing 4 I can't have it, but I can still have the 200g of veg?

Sorry, this one is a little confusing to me! Sure I will get the hang of it soon!

That's correct-either 4 packs and veg or 3 packs, protein and veg. You can swap and chose however you wan on a day to day basis

Yes your doing it corrcetly! You can also have the milk. I regularly swap between the 3 and 4 pack options, depending on how busy I am, who I am eating with and my mood!

does anyone add extra protein like 4 packs and protein or 3 packs and 2 portions of protein? the mens programme allows this doesnt it? Im just thinking for days when im more active as I want to do some gym classes.

also the tuna and macaroni cheese pack sounds great! might try that, maybe some added leeks and broccoli!

does anyone add extra protein like 4 packs and protein or 3 packs and 2 portions of protein? the mens programme allows this doesnt it? Im just thinking for days when im more active as I want to do some gym classes.

also the tuna and macaroni cheese pack sounds great! might try that, maybe some added leeks and broccoli!

They do suggest doing that for very active days- I have found I need to on days where I cycle a lot, otherwise I feel like I'm going to pass out. From a nutritional point of view they suggest 4 packs plus protein.

oh yeah as you get all the vitamins. sounds good, think I'll consider that for gym days.

I was planning for post-diet life too and I think the recipe for success is to keep active, and also allow myself to have sandwich instead of salad for lunch and chocolate after my tea on gym days and not on non gym days; so I can practice this now by having a protein meal, 3 sachets and a bar on gym days.

Here's the list with the veg on it *Snip*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but I wondered if there was a minimins version, as I know that not all acceptable veg is on the official list...beetroot for example....

No veg list. I would email SnS and ask, then start one! I know one girl has mange tout.

Back