S & SS food effects

LisaC

Gold Member
I always try to incorporate Speeds food into my mains meal & snack on them. On the SW website it says they "speed or super speed your weightloss". Is this purely because they make you need the loo more often??

I made my first batch of the 12 Speed Soup on Friday & I've had 7 portions & noticed no difference if you get me, in fact its the opposite, I haven't been as much?!

It's because they're low calorie but high density foods, i think, which means they fill you up for less.

If you're going less than usual you may need some bulk, perhaps a few green days?

If you're going less than usual you may need some bulk, perhaps a few green days?

I ate the last of the soup last night so I've had salad today as usual & things have already gone back to normal! I was under the impression Speed foods help your digestive system so it leaves your body quicker....my usual days food seems to be better for me than days of SS soup!

No I think S.and SS foods are about filling you up for less.
I think they're probably low GI foods, if it was to speed your bowels it wouldn't be healthy.

No I think S.and SS foods are about filling you up for less.
I think they're probably low GI foods, if it was to speed your bowels it wouldn't be healthy.

That makes sense. So on the SW website it says S & SS foods speed & super speed weightloss, how is that when all they do is fill you up like other good food choices (Superfree)?! I'm confused!

LisaC said:
That makes sense. So on the SW website it says S & SS foods speed & super speed weightloss, how is that when all they do is fill you up like other good food choices (Superfree)?! I'm confused!

I have no idea! But low GI foods fill you up with a slow burn, beans etc take more energy to break down, so perhaps it's more of a combination of keeping the bowel clear with roughage, expending more energy to process the foods and keeping you fuller for longer thereby inhibiting excess calorie intake??

You could email SW for the answer?

I have no idea! But low GI foods fill you up with a slow burn, beans etc take more energy to break down, so perhaps it's more of a combination of keeping the bowel clear with roughage, expending more energy to process the foods and keeping you fuller for longer thereby inhibiting excess calorie intake??

You could email SW for the answer?

I think I may do that! Im sure my old C said they pass through your system quicker but the website isn't completely clear as to how they speed things along. I'll let you know if I hear back.

Back