Saggy skin

bridie

Since losing weight I have noticed that my skin is really saggy! :( any tips?

I read somewhere that moisturising yous skin with vitamin E helps alot, and also taking up resistant training to build up muscle. I also have read from other vlcd dieters, that after a while the skins snaps back into place..

I have wrinkly skin and have been told that within 12 months of stopping it will improve a lot - we'll see! I also use oil on it which really helps. Cheapest option is greek extra virgin olive oil - works really well but I'm not keen on the smell... I use Clarin's body oil.

weasey said:
I have wrinkly skin and have been told that within 12 months of stopping it will improve a lot - we'll see! I also use oil on it which really helps. Cheapest option is greek extra virgin olive oil - works really well but I'm not keen on the smell... I use Clarin's body oil.

I have bio oil which I bought a while ago when it was on half price offer so I've started using that. Hope it helps but dint want it to run out because its expensive! Lol

I use Palmers firming body lotion & the regular cocoa butter, find it helps along with weight training!

Ooo I think I have some palmers firming butter somewhere thanks x

Clarins extra firming body lotion.... Its expensive but GOOD!!!

ANd toning exercises obviously!!! X

Deezer said:
Clarins extra firming body lotion.... Its expensive but GOOD!!!

ANd toning exercises obviously!!! X

Am always dubious about these firming creams but tbh have probably never given any of them a good enough go to see results... So Claris works then, how soon do you see results? Are you religious about applying... :)

sarahlou72 said:
Am always dubious about these firming creams but tbh have probably never given any of them a good enough go to see results... So Claris works then, how soon do you see results? Are you religious about applying... :)

I want to know too pleases, so many choices I just don't know what to buy! X

To be honest I don't think that you have to spend a huge amount on oil/cream (and is is coming from someone who luuurves Clarins and has lots of it!). The most important thing is to find one you like and use it regularly. I believe it's more about the regular application than necessarily exactly what's in it.

I would recommend trying an oil though as it was a revelation to me! As I said higher up the greek extra virgin olive oil was fantastic for my skin but I use Clarins because I prefer the smell. If you don't want to spend too much then try the olive oil - amazing how soft my skin feels even 12 hours later.

I want to know too pleases, so many choices I just don't know what to buy! X

I like it.... It smells lovely and it certainly makes my skin look better even if its not exactly firming.... I have been overweight that long i dont think i'll ever have a totally flat toned tum.... But its super moisturising.... I am also excersising so that could be making more of a difference...... I must be doing something right as it looks better than it ever has done!!!!

But saying that your skin takes between 6 and 12 months to fully get back to normal after weight loss!!! Soooooooo..... I'll let you know next year!!! Lol.....

To be honest I don't think that you have to spend a huge amount on oil/cream (and is is coming from someone who luuurves Clarins and has lots of it!). The most important thing is to find one you like and use it regularly. I believe it's more about the regular application than necessarily exactly what's in it.

I would recommend trying an oil though as it was a revelation to me! As I said higher up the greek extra virgin olive oil was fantastic for my skin but I use Clarins because I prefer the smell. If you don't want to spend too much then try the olive oil - amazing how soft my skin feels even 12 hours later.

I have started using olive oil too and don't like the smell. So I mix it into some bodyshop and arabic body oils and that takes away the smell, but does leave my skin quite mwah! mwah! mwah!

Maka said:
I have started using olive oil too and don't like the smell. So I mix it into some bodyshop and arabic body oils and that takes away the smell, but does leave my skin quite mwah! mwah! mwah!

Good idea with the smell thing - is 'mwah' good or bad?!

I don't want to put anyone off but it will really depend on the amount of saggy skin...
For eg I've had a saggy belly ever since my daughter was born 20 years ago. No amount of sit ups, creams or wishful thinking is gunnna shift it.
Depressing I know.

:(

Oh and Weasey- Mwah is a kissing noise.

thanks for all the advice girls much appreciated it think i just need to be more religeous on putting it on twice daily lol. and its not too much skin just noticably more droopy than normal so i guess it just needs to catch up with the super fast weight loss!!

Weasey, what's with the Greek bit? Is it different from other olive oils?

BordersGirl said:
Weasey, what's with the Greek bit? Is it different from other olive oils?

The theory is that it's better for your skin - no idea if there's any truth in that! I would definitely think that all olive oil would be good at treating your skin. No idea whether sunflower oil would be the same! And I don't think I'll try frylight!!!

So is olive oil absorbed into the skin really well - I have a vision of lying in bed in a pool of oil!? :eek:

Sbc collagen gel is good that's what I'm using at the minute it's ment to help your skin :)

Back