Saggy skin

Camplestar

Silver Member
Ok so I've got 8 stone to lose and I've lost 1 already. My boobs already seem to be sagging, I know they tend to lose the fat first but it's a bit annoying at 23 and makes me worry about loose skin. Has anyone lost a lot of weight and if you wouldn't mind sharing your experiences. Thanks x

Hello.

Well, I lost about 6 stone a couple of years ago, taking me from over 15 stone to 9 stone ish. I've maintained this pretty much and the loose skin has been minimal. My stomach is pretty bad and the very tops of my thighs aren't great but apart from that, it's fine.

I wouldn't focus too much on the loose skin thing because it's a form of self sabotage in itself really. The crucial thing is to get the weight off as that's what leads to poor health, not some possible loose skin on your stomach. It's down to genetics anyway, so pretty much unavoidable although a nice steady loss probably helps and if you have youth on your side, even better.

Just concentrate on losing the lbs and the skin will take care of itself

Good luck

There's always things that can be done about it too :) The most important part is to get the weight off. I'm 6 years older than you and have more to lose. I've already noticed saggy wrinkled bits in on my tummy, tops of my thighs and boobs - but I've also lost 10inches at least from my boobs so I'm v happy with that :)

Funnily, I've just been talking about this on another thread. I've lost 10.5 stone, and the skin on my stomach, thighs and upper arms is very loose and wrinkly, and I literally have to fold my boobs into my bra, lol. BUT, it's far better than some examples I've seen on TV, probably because I've lost it over a few years, and it doesn't bother me from any health point of view; I just have to cover up and it's fine. And it's SO much better than being overweight! Like the others have said, just lose the weight gradually and don't worry about it - what will be will be, it is largely genetics, but you'll be much better off for losing the weight. I just view the loose skin as a badge of honour, a permanent reminder of how far I've come and how I never want to go back to where I was. :) xx

Thanks guys. It does worry me. Just hope it's not too bad. I know it can take 2 years to get to it's best.

Tracy that is an amazing loss. How did you do it? X

Thanks guys. It does worry me. Just hope it's not too bad. I know it can take 2 years to get to it's best.

Tracy that is an amazing loss. How did you do it? X

Thanks, hon! :) I'm a calorie counter, just plodded on, planning and logging everything on MFP. I don't exercise, due to various health problems, so it was just dietary control. :) xx

Yep Tracy is fabulous, I do have to agree!
Soooooo I know its hard not to get hung up about the skin, as Tracy will testify she had many a pm from me panicking! Ive got a tummy that looks like a walruses arse, but I still wouldn't want to be nearly 9 stone heavier like before. I did lots of exercise along the way and it has helped lose some inches so if you can, I would do a cardio of your choice with some toning. Worrying is normal and skin can be fixed :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks ladies. Keep plodding on for me. One day I may get to amazing numbers like you x

Soooooo I know its hard not to get hung up about the skin, as Tracy will testify she had many a pm from me panicking! Ive got a tummy that looks like a walruses arse, but I still wouldn't want to be nearly 9 stone heavier like before. I did lots of exercise along the way and it has helped lose some inches so if you can, I would do a cardio of your choice with some toning. Worrying is normal and skin can be fixed :)

Lol, I love the walruses arse analogy, it's spot on! :D xx

Lol, I wondered who you were talking about for a minute - don't think I've ever had a nickname before! :D Thanks, hon, you're pretty awesome yourself!! :) xx

N'aw shucks, thank you love! :) & I think it suits you ;)

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

lol lol we are a funny blot but i agree with everyone rather have losse skin than the health problems to come x x

Back