Sainsbury Express Chunky Porridge and Barley

lydia150970

Gold Member
Does anyone know if you can have one of these satchets as a HEB? They have 9.6g per 100g but I can't remember anything else other than that, there is no added sugar in them.

Thanks guys.

Checked the ingredients on Sainsbury's website and it is just oats and barley with some lecithin as a stabiliser (stops it boiling over in the microwave).

But they are the same weight (27g) as the Oats So Simple sachets, and I don't think that it is enough for a HEXB.

Oh thats a shame, I wonder if I add some plain porridge oats to them to bring them up to 35g if that would be ok, I might ring SW help line.

Thank you thought much appreicated

Oh thats a shame, I wonder if I add some plain porridge oats to them to bring them up to 35g if that would be ok, I might ring SW help line.

Thank you thought much appreicated

Or you could just buy a bag of porridge oats and a bag of flaked barley, and mix it yourself, which would be cheaper!

Very true - considering I do like a cooked breakfast buying sachets is just lazy LOL However, I had a box at home so need to find out.:D

I used to get the sachets, then worked out just how much I was paying for someone else to do the weighing out into a paper bag.

The only thing I have to remember is to use a nice deep bowl if I am using ordinary oats; because they don't have a stabilising ingredient they do tend to boil over and make a mess in the microwave!

Thanks hun, I did have one today, I have to say with the addition of the barley they are very scrummy. I'm honestly not that lazy normally HAHAHA

Just bought some Duchy Originals Oat and Barley Porridge which was on special offer in Waitrose today. Will be trying some tomorrow - I'll let you know . . .

Just bought some Duchy Originals Oat and Barley Porridge which was on special offer in Waitrose today. Will be trying some tomorrow - I'll let you know . . .

Ooo lovely thank you look forward to hearing what its like

It's really delicious! Made it in the microwave with skimmed milk and added a pinch of salt, as I prefer a savoury porridge. Tasted very nice. Obviously you could have it with sweetener and/or fruit if you wanted to.

The texture would not suit people who prefer a smooth porridge, as it is very "chunky", but that's how I prefer it.

I am going to try it for my muesli - soaked in water overnight and then chopped apple and yogurt added. I think the texture would work very well.

It's really delicious! Made it in the microwave with skimmed milk and added a pinch of salt, as I prefer a savoury porridge. Tasted very nice. Obviously you could have it with sweetener and/or fruit if you wanted to.

The texture would not suit people who prefer a smooth porridge, as it is very "chunky", but that's how I prefer it.

I am going to try it for my muesli - soaked in water overnight and then chopped apple and yogurt added. I think the texture would work very well.

I like chunky porridge as well so looks like thats right up my street, thanks hun, will keep a look out for it at the supermarkets x

Back