Sainsburys

sarah83

Try and try again
Hi,

There is a new sainsburys opening 5 mins from my house tomorrow, so I was hoping some of you regularly sainsburys shoppers can give me some advice on syn free, low syn or just really nice stuff they sell for me to sample! x

It is the only place I personally can find locally that sells Maggi Liquid Seasoning. Which is just the most amazing invention of all time - the whole 100ml bottle of that would be 5 1/4 syns but you would be unlikely to use more than a teaspoon (5ml at most) in anything particularly, so really a fraction of a syn to make the world taste like a better place!! :D

Extra lean turkey breast mince (they also do a free range option too) - brilliant for turkey burgers, alternative cottage pie and stir-frys. Also only place I can find quark :) xx

Thank you!

I love Maggi liquid seasoning too, but luckily I can pick it up dead cheap at our local Chinese supermarket (random I know!). Good job you said about the syns, I've always counted it as free... Kinda like lea and perrins. I only ever use a few drops though

Ooh I used to love turkey mince for a bolognese so good they do that.
Do they do extra lean beef mince there? Would love to be able to stop my online tesco shop as its mainly for quark, sausages and beef mince!

Dont forget the Sainsbury's "be good to yourself" extra lean Cumberland sausages 0.5 syn per sausage!
Sainsbury's " be good to yourself" soft cheese, less cal than Philli.
18 barn eggs= £1-89

Thanks for the sausage tip! At the mo I can't get any low cal sausages locally... And I love sausages!

Thank you!

I love Maggi liquid seasoning too, but luckily I can pick it up dead cheap at our local Chinese supermarket (random I know!). Good job you said about the syns, I've always counted it as free... Kinda like lea and perrins. I only ever use a few drops though

*cough* I totally count it as free too, it really is negligible for the amount you use. You would never in a million years use more than about a quarter of a syns worth at a time. My OH says the BGTY sausages are really nice too - wouldn't know they were low fat at all.

It is the only place I personally can find locally that sells Maggi Liquid Seasoning. Which is just the most amazing invention of all time - the whole 100ml bottle of that would be 5 1/4 syns but you would be unlikely to use more than a teaspoon (5ml at most) in anything particularly, so really a fraction of a syn to make the world taste like a better place!! :D

Morrisons and Asda sell it.

BGTY sausages are the nicest .5 syn sausages around, better than Morrys IMO.

I always get my Extra Lean Mince from there, 3 packs for a tenner. I buy these once a month or so, use one pack to make burgers to freeze and then freeze the other two packs for bolognase/chilli/shep pie etc during the month - luvverly. EL mince is pretty darn diggedy expensive so I rather like this deal.

Thanks for all your advice, can't wait to go tomorrow now!

BGTY tuna (like the WW tins). They do several flavours, the Tuna beans and sweetcorn in chilli sauce is sort of like mild Mexican and only 1.5syns per can.

Ooh I never knew that. May purchase!

sainsburys sugar free marshmallows 4 for 1 syn lovely sweet fix xx

Not really food related but if it is like my Sainsbury's go late at night and you can reduced meat so cheap it is unbelieveable - for example juicy pork chops (4) for £1.08, not bad hey!!!!

Thank you for all the advice, looking forward to popping over later today!

Back