salad portions...

Kimmy*

Hi everyone :) Hope you are all doing well. I'm looking for some advice on the salad portions on refeed. a small breakfast bowl is not specific enough for me! If i try - i can fit quite a bit into one of them.
i like to have some lettuce, baby tomatoes, mushrooms and onions.. I'm just wondering if they were all of average size - how many of each I'd be allowed?? or even how many grams in total etc??
I think I ate too much last time i tried refeed :( and I'm a bit scared heading into another attempt!

kimmy x

Hi Kimmy,

I wouldn't worry too much about the the portion size of salad. Even a medium salad does not contain many calories.

I use a small square breakfast bowl. I shred up some lettuce, thinly slice 4 bits of cucumber, cut into quarters 3 cherry tomatoes, cut a sprig (is that the right description!?) of spring onion into tiny pieces, and add a tiny covering of onion. This is more than enough for me. I really do doubt you could really eat too much of what you're planning to put into your salad. Drizzle it all with balsamic vinegar, it really is delicious.

Good luck sweetie and be sure to post a diary!

I'm glad you asked this question Kimmy as I was just reading through Betsy's diary and too was wondering 'what exactly is a small bowl of salad?', so I have a cereal bowl in mind for my refeed and I'm gonna stick with using that one.

Last time on my refeed I started off with a small bowl and by the end of the week my salad had moved from a small bowl to a huge dinner plate piled high with every concoction of salad I could get on it, it was like mount Everest!

I'm not gonna do that again:eek:.

Good luck on your refeed Kimmy.

Hi Ladies,

I have attached a couple of photos of the bowl I use. I have put a small apple in it to better demonstrate the size. I don't fill it to the top. It's filled about 3/4s of an inch from the top. That fills me up.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0266.jpg
    IMG_0266.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for that Betsy.. photo is very helpful!! Can I take take this opportunity to say WOW.. u are fantastic!!! you're weight loss is so inspirational - you're probably sick of hearing that :)

Thanks for the good wishes Taylor - I've another week or so to go before starting it.. but I wanted to be prepared for it!! I did the same as u.. started off small enough - but was eating mountains of it by the end of the week :)

Hope u both are having a good day
kimmy x

Back