Salsta's diary

Nothing much happening in the salsta household at the mo, done the cleaning, watched the royal wedding (wiped a tear away), envied her dress (how gorgeous was it). She looked calm and serene, I doubt that will be me on 14th July next year.

Got the guy coming to do the paperwork for the mortgage tonight, and more research of the type of fridge and fitted wardrobes we want. Sirloin steak, roasted veg tonight for tea, Im really looking forward to it as I seem to be overdosing on blueberries and strawberries (buy 1 get one free at Tescos!) at the moment and need something to get my teeth into.

Gym tomorrow, going to do a bit more cardio to burn that nasty fat away and some weights to tone my humongous backside and lumpy thighs.

We fly off to Rhodes in four weeks, so will try on my holiday clothes and see if they still fit (fingers crossed they are baggy). So I might have to fit in some shopping woo hoo.

Have a good weekend all.

My goodness what a busy schedule!! I too had a little tear in my eye watching the RW!! Mind you I cry at anything, was clubbing away at the masterchef final???

How did you get on with mortgage man? Any further forward!

Hope you enjoyed the gym, and are having a lovely weekend! X

Guess what 2.5 off, so a total of 18.5 pounds Im well chuffed, just another 2.5 off then my next shiny seven. woo hoo.

Food wise has been good, made a lovely sausage casserole last night, got the timing just right so it was gooey without the sauce being too thick. WW beef hotpot for me tonight with bubble and squeak cakes I made, cant wait Im always starving after weigh in.

Life is good, the mortgage man is coming around tomorrow to complete the paperwork for our new house, so its all coming together.

Im hoping to loose another couple of stones at least by December as thats when I need to order my wedding dress, Im not sure if I should order it a size smaller to force myself into getting down another stone, hmm will see how I am in December and then decide.

Hurry up tea cos Im starving.

Guess what 2.5 off, so a total of 18.5 pounds Im well chuffed, just another 2.5 off then my next shiny seven. woo hoo.

Food wise has been good, made a lovely sausage casserole last night, got the timing just right so it was gooey without the sauce being too thick. WW beef hotpot for me tonight with bubble and squeak cakes I made, cant wait Im always starving after weigh in.

Life is good, the mortgage man is coming around tomorrow to complete the paperwork for our new house, so its all coming together.

Im hoping to loose another couple of stones at least by December as thats when I need to order my wedding dress, Im not sure if I should order it a size smaller to force myself into getting down another stone, hmm will see how I am in December and then decide.

Hurry up tea cos Im starving.

Hiya

Hope you've enjoyed your tea!! I am constantly starvin when I get home from work!

Great news about the mortgage, almost there...it's such an exciting time. Talking about exciting, even more so ordering your wedding dress!! Have you chosen the dress or have you any idea of what you're going to have?? You'll easily have more weight off by then!! x

So whats been happening in the Salsta abode this week.

Sal has been very bad and ate the chinese buffet out of house and home last night, and I enjoyed every mouthful and the four gin and slimline tonics (why bother!!). I have tried to point it and then gave up, same as CC Im drawing that line under it and starting again.

In good news I went shopping today, looked at a dress I liked, didnt have it my usual size so I thought I will get the smaller size and try it on, well it fitted and looked good, so excellent news that Im size smaller than I thought I was. I also had a make over thingy at the bare escentuals counter, it looked really nice. I usually wear there stuff anyway so came away with a couple of pots of my usual stuff and a couple of eyeshadows.

Me and the other half are out tonight at another party, Im taking some wine with me, but will limit myself to a couple of glasses mixed with soda.

Been to the gym today and it felt harder to do than usual, Ive upped my cardio levels and Im finding Im a lot more out of breath, which I think is a good thing, despite it leaving me looking like a big red, sweaty tomato face.

Have a good weekend to all of us in WW land.

So whats been happening in the Salsta abode this week.

Sal has been very bad and ate the chinese buffet out of house and home last night, and I enjoyed every mouthful and the four gin and slimline tonics (why bother!!). I have tried to point it and then gave up, same as CC Im drawing that line under it and starting again.

In good news I went shopping today, looked at a dress I liked, didnt have it my usual size so I thought I will get the smaller size and try it on, well it fitted and looked good, so excellent news that Im size smaller than I thought I was. I also had a make over thingy at the bare escentuals counter, it looked really nice. I usually wear there stuff anyway so came away with a couple of pots of my usual stuff and a couple of eyeshadows.

Me and the other half are out tonight at another party, Im taking some wine with me, but will limit myself to a couple of glasses mixed with soda.

Been to the gym today and it felt harder to do than usual, Ive upped my cardio levels and Im finding Im a lot more out of breath, which I think is a good thing, despite it leaving me looking like a big red, sweaty tomato face.

Have a good weekend to all of us in WW land.

Well done on the dress hunting...great news that you are now a size smaller!! As for the chinese buffet, ach well you've drawn the line...you're over it!

Hope you have a good night tonight sounds like a fun night..enjoy your wine spritzers x

Hello ladies
Well last week at WI, I put on half a pound, damn that chinese buffet and the gin and tonics. Never mind all done and dusted now. Im back to being motivated.

Not much to report, the house stuff is going through slowly but surely, had the homebuyer survey done last week so we should get to see it at some point this week. Mortgage application is going through, just had to send off some proof of our rental payments. Im busy looking at a new telly, new bed, fitted bedroom furniture. Oh I cant wait to move la, la, la.

We went to Hinton Ampner at the weekend, we are members of the National Trust, I like the houses and the gardens, oh and the cafe and shop. my other half likes the history and the gardens and me not spending a fortune in the shop. Hinton Ampner is beautiful, the gardens are spectacular, and thats with the roses not being out yet. We then had a cup of coffee and looked around the plants for sale, Ive seen some lovely planters that I want and a fab looking plant called heart something or over which has lovely white flowers that are in the shape of hearts.

Food wise, I have been trying to increase the amount of fish I have, so I tried, salmon and fresh sardines on the bbq, very nice they were too. I also did a mango salsa, which I now want to eat with everything.

WI tomorrow night, fingers crossed.

Thats all for now, take care.

Hi

I'm so excited for you for your house, I remember that feeling so well!! We spent literally days on which websites checking out reviews for absolutely everything, great fun!!

I really like the sound of that plant you described, sounds gorgeous! That's one thing I love now since moving, lived in a flat before so didn't have a garden, I love love live my garden, so into flowers and plants etc!! I also love my little bird feeder and watching all the little visitors, I'm becoming old way before my time!!

Glad to hear you are back on track..good luck for WI x

Thanks for the reply CC, Im so excited about gardening, the new house has a couple of veg patches, so Im planning salad leaves, new potatoes, maybe some peppers, courgettes, not sure about the winter veg yet, will have to do a bit more research.

Well it was the dreaded WI, and good news, lost another three pounds and got my third shiny seven woo hooo!!!

Im so glad as I felt really miffed with myself last week, mind you Im off out tonight for another chinese (will I ever learn) but have planned losts more visits to the gym to try and counteract it.

Finance man rang and we have our confirmed mortgage offer in writing, so its all down to the solicitor now, Im getting a bit nervous now about owing that amount of money to a company but know that at least its ours and we can do as we wish. Yep Im still excited and cant wait to move.

Mind you we have our week in Rhodes coming up a week on Saturday so looking forward to a bit of sunshine on my old bones, I looked at the brochure last night and they have a gym, which is good to counteract the all inclusive part of the holiday. Im expecting to put on but Im not going to pig out.

Have a good evening, and fingers crossed I dont scoff too much chinese.

Thanks for the reply CC, Im so excited about gardening, the new house has a couple of veg patches, so Im planning salad leaves, new potatoes, maybe some peppers, courgettes, not sure about the winter veg yet, will have to do a bit more research.

Well it was the dreaded WI, and good news, lost another three pounds and got my third shiny seven woo hooo!!!

Im so glad as I felt really miffed with myself last week, mind you Im off out tonight for another chinese (will I ever learn) but have planned losts more visits to the gym to try and counteract it.

Finance man rang and we have our confirmed mortgage offer in writing, so its all down to the solicitor now, Im getting a bit nervous now about owing that amount of money to a company but know that at least its ours and we can do as we wish. Yep Im still excited and cant wait to move.

Mind you we have our week in Rhodes coming up a week on Saturday so looking forward to a bit of sunshine on my old bones, I looked at the brochure last night and they have a gym, which is good to counteract the all inclusive part of the holiday. Im expecting to put on but Im not going to pig out.

Have a good evening, and fingers crossed I dont scoff too much chinese.

Wow it's all systems go for you these days. Well done on your 3 lbs loss, nice one!! That's great news about your mortgage coming through..it's such a relief when it's all there in writing isn't it? Do you have a date for moving in? Much excitement!! A girl I work with went to Rhodes today...it looks gorgeous. I've been to Crete and it was really lovely...Greece is fab!!

Don't worry too much about your chinese, it's the lowest take away point wise anyway so enjoy!! x

Ages since I have been on here. I have had my week in Rhodes, and managed to gain 3 pounds, possibly because I had to dull my brain with alcohol due to a petulant 11 yr old who was bored the whole time, despite me picking an activity village packed with things to do for kids. But, he didnt want to join the kids clubs as it was 'patronising' and not for babies grrrr, I also put 2 the week before due to my TOTM. Im back on it though, the line has been drawn in the sand.

I got my lovely suntan, and apart from the 11 year old, it wasnt too bad.

Back at Salsta towers, nothing much is happening apart from waiting to hear about the house, stuff is going through with the solicitors but its taking longer than I expected. At work we are going to consultation due the redesign of the service, so Im not looking forward to that, the rumours are a lot of staff will be put at risk and then we will see how many posts are due to go. Then job descriptions will be matched, if your job meets the criteria then you should just slot in. I should be ok for my job as its kind of 'one of a kind', well keeping my fingers crossed that its 'one of a kind'. Just have to wait and see I suppose but its a bit worrying as we are just taking on a mortgage arrrgh.

Hope your all doing well.

Hi

I'm sure the alcohol helped greatly on holiday and I'm very jealous of your nice suntan..I can't wait to get a bit of sun!!

Worrying times with the job but like you say your job is one of a kind so fingers crossed you'll be fine. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for reason. Don't stress too much about the mortgage..these things take for ever, everything will settle down soon I'm sure!! Hope you have a good weekend x

Back