Salsta's diary

Thanks for the support Jo and CC, I felt disheartened, but then thought about what I had achieved and know that I will beat the fat on my body (not literally or it will hurt lol). Mind you I measured myself last night and another 2 inches off.

Ive started tracking positively again, and have been thinking up new menu ideas, much to annoyance of the OH as he isnt as enamoured with some of my choices.

On another note, we are looking at houses now, what makes people paint their living rooms bright orange and have blue patterned carpet??

Onwards and upwards

Hiya
Hope you're getting on alright this week, sounds like you are back on track!

That's exciting you've been looking at houses, some peoples tastes are just outrageous!! I used to love going on the rightmove website so I could nosey, some of those were ridiculous!! Happy house hunting! X

Past couple of days have been lovely, the sunshine always makes me feel more positive and with the heat I want to wear less clothes hence making the WW journey that little bit easier.

Been to the gym today and worked up a real sweat, it was really busy this morning so the sunshine must have that affect on everyone else too.

We had a BBQ tonight for tea, which was good. I attempted to make my own quorn burgers - they were a disaster, they mixture wouldnt stick togther so I bunged it in a pot in the freezer and had quorn fillets instead. BBQ again for tomorrow nights tea so I might try and whip up a slaw salad of some description.

Tomorrow is a day full of excitment (not), housework, gym, cooking for the week - butternut squash soup here I come. Hope its sunny again so I feel fab and motivated. As I really want to get my second shiny seven, Im only four pounds off it and I know I can do that in a couple of weeks.

Have a good weekend all!

Its very sunny and the gym was hard work today, we have my stepson to be staying so Im having to be child friendly. I havent got children and to be honest have never wanted any, I know some people find that hard to understand but Im a selfish mare and I like my free time. Its been quite hard to accept little people into my life and sometimes I still need to remind myself that I have to be more patient and understanding, even though I want to go crackers.

I have done some housework but its too hot to cook so the soup may be done later tonight. BBQ for tea. I have got the cabbage and other bits for the slaw so i will be doing that later. On a happier note I am wearing a strapless bra that was too tight last summer and its now on the tightest setting and a camisole from last summer is a little bit too big. I will have to get my summer stuff out and try it on, as we go on holiday at the end of May and I dont want to look like a bag lady when we go to Rhodes, woo hoo shopping here I come.

Off back out in the sun to warm my tired muscles.

Feeling really happy, got my second silver seven last night, after loosing 3 and a half pounds. I knew the TOTM would have been a blip.

Im feeling more determind than ever or at least I was until I saw that I am now down to 33 points crikey its getting a bit of a mare trying to fit things in, but its all about education and the right choices I suppose.

I have managed to get into my size 20 trousers which feels good and they are bit baggy round the waist so I can envisage maybe going down a size in a few weeks.

I have been going to the gym since January and only started WW in March. I measured myself on the 5th Jan and have been doing every month. So far I have lost 4 inches off my bust, waist, tummy and hips and a couple off the top of each leg. I feel more toned and Im sure when I loose a bit more of this fat, then my lovely toned muscles will appear. So far I can see that I am getting a curvy waist back which is fab, I look more feminine rather than square (or round) shaped.

I have decided not to bother doing my food diary on here anymore as I used to write it all down in my tracker book, but I keep leaving at home so Im now doing it through the e-source which I have found much easier and does all the working out for me.

Bye for now.

Last edited:
Well done on your second silver seven!! That's excellent! Like Jo said, you really seem to be in the zone especially with all your visits to the gym!

That's good you are starting to use e-source, it would be silly to write your food diary down here as well!

Here's to another successful week ahead! x

Thanks ladies, its so good to get the support and it makes a huge difference to how I feel about things. My other half is really supportive and Im trying to reduce his little tummy too, its not working that well for him, due to the amount of chocolate he consumes hmmm.

Well onwards and upwards, trying to decide what to have for tea tonight. I know we having jacket spuds tomorrow. So I might have pizza and salad.

My OH has managed to lose over a stone too! It makes it so much easier at home when you have someone doing it with you!! Hope you have a good weekend x

How bad do I feel, I had a bad day yesterday, I started off really well, went to the gym worked out for a couple of hours.

We have been looking at houses, and found one that we really loved. I have become emotionally attached which I know I shouldnt have done but couldnt help it. Anyways there was a message from the estate agent to call her. I rang her back to make an offer. That got rejected and she told me what they were expecting, I then discussed with my other half and realistically we dont think we can afford it.

We are going to get our finance guy round to discuss, as we had an offer in principal for a mortgage of 195,950, but the house I want - well they want a minimum of 205k. We will see when the finance guy comes round but I think its a no-goer.

So as a result of that and feeling well miffed I ate the following:
king prawn salad (very good)
2 packets of french fries
2x 2 finger kit kats
3 WW caramel shortbreads
3 slices of nimble
3 laughing cow
A packet of quorn roast sliced fillets
went to a party and ate the buffet table bare

I have worked it out and used my weeklies and a bit extra, so am going to have to be saintly until Tuesday, and go to the gym to build up those activity points.

I have to try and stop being emotional and reaching for food as my crutch, but I cant seem to help it. I think I need an alternative but what? I can tell myself in my head Im not hungry but the will just takes over and then I feel guilty later on.

My sister said, if the house wasnt to be then not to worry as there will always be a better one around the corner grrr.

My sister is going to start SW on Tuesday, and I hope it works for her. As Ive mentioned before she wants a gastric band, but I think SW might be a better way for her to start to loose weight as she is a quantity eater too.

Anyways off to get changed and off to the gym to rack up those activity points.

Have a good day all.

Sorry Salsta, I seem to have missed your diary for some reason yesterday??

Anyway, how are you getting on? How did things go with the finance man? It's so hard when you have your heart set on somewhere and it doesn't work out! It's such a stressful time buying a house and really was the start of my downfall couple of years ago the last time I was on here!

I'm sure you, on the other hand, will have much more will power than me!! x

Well half a pound off for me tonight, which is better than I expected, I was hoping just to STS.

On other news, Im knackered, thank god its a four day week. Work is manic at the moment and Im not really feeling it at the moment, I usually love my job and really get into it, but Im not motivated at the moment so I think I need a break. Roll on May when we fly off to Rhodes for the week.

Apart from that not a lot is happening, Im going to have a good week this week, and not eat if I dont get my little house. Due to work being busy I havent been to the gym as much, but I plan to go, Thursday through to Monday and burn those calories and tone those muscles. Under these layers of fat there are some lovely muscles and when they are revealed i will be one happy bunny

Hope you are all getting on ok.

Hi Salsta

Result!!! Every little bit helps eh?!

I'm soo glad it's a 4 day week too, also a hectic week this week. I always feel the same too about being motivated in work...especially when you have a holiday looming, you lucky thing you!!

Your comment about the gym made me laugh :) I'm sure there must be a cracking six pack under my flabby tummy just waiting to rip out (I wish!) ha! x

So an update. I got my house woo hoo! including the double range cooker, slimline dishwasher and fab washing machine. After much discussion and debate we have decided to increase our deposit which means that we can have the house and not have too hefty mortgage payments every month. I had to sacrifice the safari and beach honeymoon, and we will have a less expensive one instead, after all we will have the house for a long time and needed to make sure its right for us. So Im well chuffed and excited, but also feeling a little bit sick in the tummy about how much its going to cost to start off with, as we will need to buy a new bed, bedroom furniture for two rooms, and all manner of other things, thats after the solicitor, valuation, stamp duty etc, etc etc.

On the food front, all going well. I have been having low lunches and meaty dinners and it seems to be working better for me. I havent been to the gym this week yet as work has been extremely hectic. But after signing paperwork with the estate agent and looking at furniture I will be off to work my butt off.

We just had a bbq and thank god for WW creme fraish (sp) and hellmans ex light mayo, I made a lovely coleslaw all for four points the lot, so I could have loads, so could the other half and some left over for tomorrows bbq. I had a quorn burger, 2 ww sausages, two huge prawns, and salad, my tummy is so full it feels like its bursting mmmm.

Thats all for now hope your all having a Good Friday.

Hi well done on the house that's fantastic news!! You must be so pleased! Also well done at ur BBQ.... I didn't do so well at mine :(

Hope ur having a nice Easter weekend!! X

Well I didnt go to weigh in this week due to it being the TOTM and had a combination of painful cramps and migraine which was a delightful combination not. I jumped on the scales at work this morning and had only lost a pound but due to it being TOTM I was suprised to loose anything.

Food wise hasnt been too bad, although I have used up all my weeklies on extra BBQ food and alcohol. I suppose that is why the plan is as it is so you can accommodate those extra things like entertaining and having alcohol with friends (or not with friends). Im just happy that it works and gives me the freedom to do what I want. When I was doing slimming world, it was good and I would never diss it, its just my tummy doesnt seem to send a message to my brain to stop eating, Im just a greedy guts and I love food, as an ex-chef I always want to experiment and do different things. Mind you I havent cooked one thing out of the magazine or the book I bought so I might have to change that when we move to the new house.

I have been really busy at the gym and have been going a bit mental not only the cardio stuff but on the weights as well. My other half says Im going to have better guns than him if Im not careful, so I might have to tone down the building up of the arms, I can see a further chat coming up with the trainers for guidance as I want to tone but not build two much muscle, having said that the bingo wings are coming on a treat.

Thats all for now take care

Well done on your pound off, every little helps!! Also well done on the gym and on losing those bingo wings!! I could be doing with toning my arms a bit and definately my tummy, think I'll be looking out the 30 day shred again!!! X

Back