Salty taste...........

susan70

Gold Member
Ive been getting a salty taste like when I lick my lips they seem really salty and a general salty taste in my mouth, any1 else had this, Im just starting week 5 on ss, if that makes any diff??

I had this for the first 2 weeks and it nearly drove me insane lol. I constantly felt like i'd been drinking sea water. It did seem to disappear though (or maybe i got used to it? Not sure which lol) But if its still there i dont notice it anymore ;)

hey yes i get that alot!

how much water are you drinking? i found since upping my water the taste has gone!

I drink 3-4 lts a day.

ah thats what i am drinking now, perhaps it could also be from the soups?

i dont have any soups,lol

omg i dont know then, i do get it now and then though when i need to drink more, today i can see me drinking 5 litres as i am doing alot of tiring things! getting this house ready for my stuff ..

i can taste salt now and i am on my 3rd litre already

I used to get a salty taste when i first started having the choc mint milkshakes, dont know why. It was very annoying but i also found that i didnt taste it as much when if i had more water. Its the only flavour i can stomach now, that and hot choc, mmmm, yum.

What shakes do you have? xx

I drink a mixture of all the shakes.
It tastes like ive been near the sea and got sea spray on me.

I drink a mixture of all the shakes.
It tastes like ive been near the sea and got sea spray on me.

Maybe it'll take a few weeks for your taste buds to adjust and for you to get used to the diet. Sorry i cant be of much help xx

I can't say I have noticed a salty taste, but I have had incredibly dry lips, they are not looking pretty!

oh well at least its making me drink.lol.

I've had that on and off too hun, it's wierd isn't it? I'm kinda glad it's not just me actually lol I tend to find it's when I have the water flavouring, do you have that?

no it didnt agree with me bought me out in a rash.lol.

lol oh bless!! you poor thing, i dont know how id get through all the water without it

id rather plain water than the rash it was all over my hands, i ended up with bloomin steroid cream to get rid of it.lol.

Back