saltyseadog's fat fighting diary

So, I have decided to take control and get into shape!

I am hoping a food diary where I can log my daily meals and exercise will help me keep on track. It will also be good to keep a record of my weight. My weigh in days will be on a Monday so I will do my first weigh in tomorrow.

I have always struggled with my weight and with getting married next year I really want to get into shape now. My target weight is 8 stone (I'm a shortie- 5ft 4 at a push).

I have enjoyed taking a look at others diaries and hope to get to know you better over the course of mine :)

saltyseadog x

Hello Salty :) nice to see you here.
Keeping a diary is a great idea and there's always someone to offer support if you need it.
Are you following a diet plan?
Have you noticed there is a quarterly challenge running? (Jan to Mar) but you could still join. I've found it a brill help with weight loss when I've been struggling
https://www.minimins.com/threads/new-quarterly-challenge-jan-feb-mar-2017.356527/
Good luck on your journey x

Thank you for the welcome Tibbs :)

Not following a diet plan, just trying to eat in moderation if I can! I will check out the running challenge, thank you

Haven't got off to a great start today- didn't make it to the gym this morning so will have to do my weigh in tomorrow.

Food:
Lunch- Chicken soup
Dinner- chicken noodle stir fry
Snacks- x1 banana and x2 satsumas

Hi Salty.
Tell me about your wedding! I'd love to get married again (still to Mr Smith in case he's reading!).
What are your plans with your weight loss? Do you have any mini targets to keep you on track?

Thanks both :)

I am getting married in Italy next year- so excited! No real mini goals for weight loss- just taking it one lb at a time!

Today has not been good.... :

Lunch - Chilli beef burrito (moment of weakness :eek:)
Snacks - x1 banana x1 satsuma
Dinner - Salad and beef & mushroom tagliatelle

I am definitely going to the gym tomorrow and weighing in!! :oops:

I have decided to avoid weighing in for the time being, feeling pretty bloated..

Lunch- Leftover beef & mushroom tagliatelle
Dinner- Salmon, potatoes and peas
Snacks- x2 satsuma x1 banana

Hello!

So I fell off the wagon and came down with a cold so gave dieting a break for a bit... But now I'm back and determined to lose a stone asap!

Weighed this morning and I'm 60.2kg

Managed to squeeze in 20 minutes in the gym before work this morning (morning workouts are what I'm going for)

Breakfast - banana
Lunch - chicken salad
Dinner - chicken and mushroom tagliatelle

Skipped the gym today :oops:

Breakfast- banana
Lunch- salad & chicken bites
Dinner- soup and pancakes (not together!)
Snack- cashew cookie bar

Had a bad end to the week and unsurprisingly maintained at 60.2kg for the week.

Really need to get my arse into gear now!

So, gym session done today and as for food:
Lunch- macaroni cheese and veg
Dinner- lamb meatballs and pasta
Snacks- fruit kebab

Gym sesh done, weighed in at 60.0kg

Food:
Breakfast- banana
Lunch- chicken salad
Dinner- asparagus and pea risotto
Snacks- X1 mini creme egg

Stick with it. You got this!

Thanks elm :)