Samalama striving to get in the PINK!

Hey everyone... so my week went a bit manic and I didn't really get a chance to come on here until now.

I've had a full on Friday, Saturday and Sunday foodfest and actually I feel awfully hungry and nauseous right now.

Friday I had a lovely low fat lunch of a half stuffed baked aubergine, delish!

Yesterday was well over my usual calorie intake although MFP still had me at a weight loss in 5 weeks IF every day had been like that... popcorn at the cinema, yum! Then a meatfest of steak and lamb and a white roll for me as well as wine, cocktail and lemon tarte which was divine.

This morning as we had a house guest Hubby cooked a full english - and I have to say now I feel a little hungry and sicky feeling and so we're going to have an early roasty today but I'm having salad with mine.

I can't wait to have more food - I feel like I have a food hangover!

Everything sounds yum!!!

I find if I pig out or eat lot's I am always hungry. I guess it's something to do with empty calories. I'm sure there is science behind it, but I don't know. It's defo a food hangover!!!!

Enjoy the roast :D

I had a yummy roast chicken with lots of salad and a few new pots and it was absolutely scrummy and I also had one yorkshire pudding and it was so nice and I felt so much better for it!

Mmm love how we can still have roast dinners when calorie counting :)

Urghhh I feel so rough.... I HAD to go to a lunch today which I had forgotten about and was a bit p'd off about because I have a lot of food events this week unfortunately so having another to deal with was annoying.

Anyway went to this New Zealand restaurant and just had a seafood platter with leaves which was nice and a small glass of wine followed by a lot of coffee but I felt sooo ill on the tube on the way home I thought I was going to throw up - the lights seemed really bright, it was a newly refurbished tube. I don't know about you guys but I always feel the need to eat when I feel nauseous LOL and luckily I always carry some sort of boiled sweet for such emergencies. I've come home and decided not to have dinner but just drink water and hopefully the feeling will pass.

Tomorrow I have to go out with the hubby and some of his friends and they've chosen Mexican.... Mexican.... WTF?!! What will I bloody eat, I won't have fajitas because god only knows how much oil it will all be cooked in, arghhhhhh!

I really struggle with mexican! The food is so yummy but so many calories! And places I go to like Chiquito's don't have calories on their site either!

I'm the same, Mexican is AMAZING, but its all fried with loads of cheese.
I honestly don't know what to suggest. Maybe go for Vegetable fajitas. Or they may do some grilled meat like chicken or steak. The laast time I went for mexican my less adventurous friend had a spiced chicken breast. You never know.
If not, just enjoy and be sensible hun :D

Bostik said:
I really struggle with mexican! The food is so yummy but so many calories! And places I go to like Chiquito's don't have calories on their site either!

Exactly babe.... Arghhhh! I read on weight loss resource to have ribs for a starter rather than the never ending plate of nachos

Also enchiladas maybe a better option

Squeezyweezy said:
I'm the same, Mexican is AMAZING, but its all fried with loads of cheese.
I honestly don't know what to suggest. Maybe go for Vegetable fajitas. Or they may do some grilled meat like chicken or steak. The laast time I went for mexican my less adventurous friend had a spiced chicken breast. You never know.
If not, just enjoy and be sensible hun :D

Oh duh grilled meat! Yup good idea sweetie

Mmmmmm quesadilla :) mmmmm shredded beef taco's!!!! Oh my gooooood god above....... chimichanga's!!!!

I can't be trusted with mexican!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Didn't feel any better and I have WI in the morning! Craparooney I am not looking forward to that after the indulging I did on Saturday but it is what it is - next Saturday will be worse as we're going to one of my most favourite restaurants in London - Bar Boulud http://www.danielnyc.com/barbouludlondonmobile.php we went DanielNYC a couple of years ago and met the man himself and so we love that we now have one of his restaurants to go to in London Town :). We're meeting friends and its been booked since before I started CCing and I cannot and will not CC whilst there!!

Didn't feel any better and I have WI in the morning! Craparooney I am not looking forward to that after the indulging I did on Saturday but it is what it is - next Saturday will be worse as we're going to one of my most favourite restaurants in London - Bar Boulud Bar Boulud London :: Mobile we went DanielNYC a couple of years ago and met the man himself and so we love that we now have one of his restaurants to go to in London Town :). We're meeting friends and its been booked since before I started CCing and I cannot and will not CC whilst there!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm real foody food mmmmmmmmmmmm

Exactly babe.... Arghhhh! I read on weight loss resource to have ribs for a starter rather than the never ending plate of nachos

Also enchiladas maybe a better option

Oh god. I love my nachos and burritos. I can't resist at a mexican. It's awful!

I'm going to have spend the day resourcing what to eat tonight! You know what is harder for me, soft drinks. I've not had any fizzy diet drinks or fizzy water for weeks ever since my whole bloating issue. Oh wait I did have just the one 'ickle G&SL Tonic but still .... I'm probably going to have to ask for still mineral water but I just wish there were other non-alcoholic drinks I could have without all the bloody sugar!

Oh in other news I lost 2 pounds when I did my WI this morning, I am in shock, especially after going over so much on Saturday. After tonight I shall be working hard to do more walking and then I can enjoy my day off on Saturday, yayyyyy!

2lbs is great! Well done!

Well done on your loss!! I've posted this on another diary somewhere but if you're ever in a restaurant and you just know that you're going to have a huge amount of oil/cheese etc in your meal then order what you want, then head to the bar/station and ask if you can have your meal made with less oil/cheese/chocolate etc. You can always tell a fib and say "I don't mean to be a bother, it's just that I have a hospital scan in the morning and I need to eat as light as possible" it's evil, but usually if there's a medical problem the kitchens are usually more than happy to accommodate :)

Well done on your loss!! I've posted this on another diary somewhere but if you're ever in a restaurant and you just know that you're going to have a huge amount of oil/cheese etc in your meal then order what you want, then head to the bar/station and ask if you can have your meal made with less oil/cheese/chocolate etc. You can always tell a fib and say "I don't mean to be a bother, it's just that I have a hospital scan in the morning and I need to eat as light as possible" it's evil, but usually if there's a medical problem the kitchens are usually more than happy to accommodate :)

Lucy you said it on mine a few pages ago when I went for noodles the other week LOL but I actually ended up eating a rice dish.

I've had a looksie on the menu and they do a grilled chicken dish with salsa but I'll be honest I'm right up for a chicken enchilada - that is supposed to be better than a burrito, chimichanga or taco and I'm going to tell them to do it without cheese!

I did think about fajitas but you just don't know how much crap they's sizzled that stuff in plus they give you too many tortillas whereas with the Enchilada you only have the one wrap!

I've got this - it will take me over but not nearly as much as it could have done.

Thanks ever so ladies - sorry not had a chance to catch up on everyone else today - huggies and hope you're all doing well.

Back