Samalama striving to get in the PINK!

nurseberyl said:
wow your hubby is good!! my bf still takes his washing to his parents house, which I am mad about! lazy bleep.

I am thinking of getting some fun size malteasers now, but I have a tendancy to eat more that Im allowed, I cant quite grab the whole save the rest for later thing (hence the graze box binge)

Yeah my hubby gave into my whining last week an went to get me some maltesers. Daft so an so brought back a whole BOX. I was was like "well I had better eat the lot then!!! Can't have em in the house tomorrow!!!" it was hard work but I did it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah my hubby gave into my whining last week an went to get me some maltesers. Daft so an so brought back a whole BOX. I was was like "well I had better eat the lot then!!! Can't have em in the house tomorrow!!!" it was hard work but I did it :)

Haha that is so me. I cant leave some for later. I am getting better though, honest!

LOL you two are soooo naughty.......but nice ;)

Yeah the Hubby is known as, given my absolute love of Disney, Cinderfella!

Today he cooked a lovely Roast Chicken with boiled potatoes, good thing about losing weight in Summer I'm not missing the Roasty pots.

I've done sooo much ironing that was sitting on the spare bed and given that we have someone staying next Saturday night I had to get it all cleared.

I've watched the Grand Prix and did some of my Disney work and now we're just sitting watching old episodes of Midsomer Murders

LOL you two are soooo naughty.......but nice ;)

Yeah the Hubby is known as, given my absolute love of Disney, Cinderfella!

Today he cooked a lovely Roast Chicken with boiled potatoes, good thing about losing weight in Summer I'm not missing the Roasty pots.

I've done sooo much ironing that was sitting on the spare bed and given that we have someone staying next Saturday night I had to get it all cleared.

I've watched the Grand Prix and did some of my Disney work and now we're just sitting watching old episodes of Midsomer Murders

The grand prix is a sore subject in my house!!! OH loves it, and I can just about tolerate it, but apparently they did something absolutley terrible with the rules today, so it's all a waste of time, and no point watching it!!! Anyone would think he had PMS!!! :D

Dinner sounds fab, I wish someone would cook for me

Your hubbie sounds a dream!!!

Squeezy: That is a huge amount of time to be eating maltesers. I can only make them last a few mins. I only buy the mini packs, as I don't know when to stop!!

The grand prix is a sore subject in my house!!! OH loves it, and I can just about tolerate it, but apparently they did something absolutley terrible with the rules today, so it's all a waste of time, and no point watching it!!! Anyone would think he had PMS!!! :D

Dinner sounds fab, I wish someone would cook for me

Yeah it's all do to the diffuser and it's just another storm in a tea-cup - but it was quite an exciting GP what with The Wolly with the Lolly and then alleged Team Orders oooo it was fun!

What is funny with the Hubby is he goes on and on about how no-one would get to eat anything in this house if he didn't cook (that'll be me, the hubby and the dog!) whinge whinge and then when I say OK I'll cook then he's like "noooo it's alright, I want to cook" it cracks me up and I just humour him and play along... clearly the Hubby either has F-all else to do or he really does not care for my cooking...git!

Yeah it's all do to the diffuser and it's just another storm in a tea-cup - but it was quite an exciting GP what with The Wolly with the Lolly and then alleged Team Orders oooo it was fun!

What is funny with the Hubby is he goes on and on about how no-one would get to eat anything in this house if he didn't cook (that'll be me, the hubby and the dog!) whinge whinge and then when I say OK I'll cook then he's like "noooo it's alright, I want to cook" it cracks me up and I just humour him and play along... clearly the Hubby either has F-all else to do or he really does not care for my cooking...git!

I know what you mean about cracking you up. This weekend everything that came out of OH's mouth made no sense at all. He is actually loosing the plot!!
I love how your hub uses "no-one" very looseley, that made me laugh!! :D

I know what you mean about cracking you up. This weekend everything that came out of OH's mouth made no sense at all. He is actually loosing the plot!!
I love how your hub uses "no-one" very looseley, that made me laugh!! :D

Right, because I'm sure I would just starve to death if he didn't cook?! Numpty he is!

Bloody legs are killing me! The saga of the tight calves continues and it's driving me potty, I've done so much stretching tonight but they still ache!

Now I'm stressed that they're gonna be all heavy and play havoc with WI tomorrow ..... Ack!

Samalama said:
Bloody legs are killing me! The saga of the tight calves continues and it's driving me potty, I've done so much stretching tonight but they still ache!

Now I'm stressed that they're gonna be all heavy and play havoc with WI tomorrow ..... Ack!

I forgot before but if they are always tight (mine are) then it can be that the muscle is too short (dunno what causes that lol) walking uphill can help stretch em out so the actual muscle gets longer? That's what my PT said when I was a gym bunny so try adding in a gentle walk on an incline to your treadmill time. Don't go too mad tho at first as you'll pull something!!!

^^What lego said. The woman speaks wise words!

Thanks Ladies for the words on muscles - much appreciated!

Be warned .. major rant to follow:

OK I know I should be happy, really I do, and I guess I am “happy” because that is the sort of person I am … always smiling etc etc and I have lost 1 pound which is 8 pounds in 6 weeks which is great but I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week and right now I wish I was down 12… I know I’m greedy and clearly not happy with my lot!!

It’s a difficult trade off for me because I do work two jobs and both require me to be at a computer all day but I am trying to incorporate exercise and I have done more exercise in the last 7 days than I have in the whole of 2011 soooo why isn’t my loss more? I stick to my calories, I can’t even say I’ve been bad at all. I’ve had one freakin’ MaccyD’s in the last 6 weeks and that was within my calories. I walk to and from the station, I park my car as far away from the station entrance as possible! I live in a 3 bloody floor house. I’m now drinking 2 litres of water a day. It’s NOT my TOTM. I weigh all my food which people laugh at me for. Yes I don’t eat as clean as I could but did you see the note above where I mention that I work 2 jobs… I do buy a lot of salads from Pret, M&S etc but they’re salads what could be processed about them? Yes I have shop bought soups and sometimes that is Heinz Tomato with the sugar but did I mention that I’ve not really been eating any other crap… I have Graze boxes to stop me from using my calories on packets of crisps because if I have to snack, which YES I have to then maybe it should be a healthier snack option, I have one vodka cocktail and 2 glasses of wine a week ……ummm what else can I rant about?

OK then hit me with your worse fellow minimins, because quite frankly on bloody 1240 calories a day when I used to eat 3,000 easily weighing just under 18 stone I think I should be losing my poxy 2 pounds a week!!!! Don’t dress it up for me be honest where am I sabotaging myself without realising? LOL LOL I’m actually wondering if I could sound anymore DESPERATE right now. THIS does make me only that much more determined not to be beaten by my own body BUT I have 4 Saturdays coming up where I’d like to indulge just a little more than usual on the food and the drink!

Don’t worry I’m not giving up but god knows what sort of post you would be reading if I dare to put on any weight!! Lets hope it doesn’t come to that.

Love you all in advance for your continued support, motivation, advice and guidance… we’re all rocking it just some more than others!

And to top it all - Did you see Bloody Gorgeous Looking Pauline Quirke on the Mail online today?!! OK OK she did Lighter Life and I ain't ever going to be doing THAT because I love my food too much but still I want to be like her!!!!!

I have no idea hun. I think others may be able to help you more. But keep at it. All the changes you've made to your diet are great and are very good for your body so the changes will come. Sorry I can't be more help.

I think youre right you should be losing more. I dont see where you are going wrong though. But at least you are losing, and the slower it comes off the longer it stays off. I can understand why you are frustrated though I would be pissed off. Maybe someone can help xx

Thanks Ladies for the words on muscles - much appreciated!

Be warned .. major rant to follow:

OK I know I should be happy, really I do, and I guess I am “happy” because that is the sort of person I am … always smiling etc etc and I have lost 1 pound which is 8 pounds in 6 weeks which is great but I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week and right now I wish I was down 12… I know I’m greedy and clearly not happy with my lot!!

It’s a difficult trade off for me because I do work two jobs and both require me to be at a computer all day but I am trying to incorporate exercise and I have done more exercise in the last 7 days than I have in the whole of 2011 soooo why isn’t my loss more? I stick to my calories, I can’t even say I’ve been bad at all. I’ve had one freakin’ MaccyD’s in the last 6 weeks and that was within my calories. I walk to and from the station, I park my car as far away from the station entrance as possible! I live in a 3 bloody floor house. I’m now drinking 2 litres of water a day. It’s NOT my TOTM. I weigh all my food which people laugh at me for. Yes I don’t eat as clean as I could but did you see the note above where I mention that I work 2 jobs… I do buy a lot of salads from Pret, M&S etc but they’re salads what could be processed about them? Yes I have shop bought soups and sometimes that is Heinz Tomato with the sugar but did I mention that I’ve not really been eating any other crap… I have Graze boxes to stop me from using my calories on packets of crisps because if I have to snack, which YES I have to then maybe it should be a healthier snack option, I have one vodka cocktail and 2 glasses of wine a week ……ummm what else can I rant about?

OK then hit me with your worse fellow minimins, because quite frankly on bloody 1240 calories a day when I used to eat 3,000 easily weighing just under 18 stone I think I should be losing my poxy 2 pounds a week!!!! Don’t dress it up for me be honest where am I sabotaging myself without realising? LOL LOL I’m actually wondering if I could sound anymore DESPERATE right now. THIS does make me only that much more determined not to be beaten by my own body BUT I have 4 Saturdays coming up where I’d like to indulge just a little more than usual on the food and the drink!

Don’t worry I’m not giving up but god knows what sort of post you would be reading if I dare to put on any weight!! Lets hope it doesn’t come to that.

Love you all in advance for your continued support, motivation, advice and guidance… we’re all rocking it just some more than others!

And to top it all - Did you see Bloody Gorgeous Looking Pauline Quirke on the Mail online today?!! OK OK she did Lighter Life and I ain't ever going to be doing THAT because I love my food too much but still I want to be like her!!!!!

Aww Sam, I know exactly how you feel. It's not like you're thinking of giving up at all, it's just your a little down in the dumps that the weight isn't coming off as quickly as you like.
I had days were I'd think "I'm so far away from my goal" and I'd get so disheartened. I'd also hear people losing 2-3lb in minimins even though they had wrote only a few days before that they went off plan for a few days and think "why can't I lose 2-3lb a week when I DON'T go off plan?"

I'm going to sound like a broken down record player but you will get there. It might take you 6 months, it might even take you a year but trust me if you stick to plan it will fly in. Plus as you get nearer goal you'll start loving your new body. So if you've got 4 stone to go, you'll start feeling really good about yourself and your body before that - say at around the 2/3 stone to go mark. So if you're looking at the scales and thinking "I won't be happy with myself until I'm at goal" then you're wrong. As your body shrinks you'll start loving it sooner and the last few stone will just be tweaking your figure. It will come sooner than you think.

In a few months time you'll say to me "Lucy, you were right!" jut keep sticking to plan and you WILL get there. I promise. It's physics. ;) xxx

The good news is I read this and you should all too
Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." (as if that were such a terrible thing!)

For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!!

After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

You can read the whole thread here - http://www.minimins.com/weekly-weigh/16797-bloody-pound.html#post263214

I have no idea hun. I think others may be able to help you more. But keep at it. All the changes you've made to your diet are great and are very good for your body so the changes will come. Sorry I can't be more help.

Don't be silly Bostik, just coming in here and writing and supporting me is help enough! I'm clearly not thankful enough for my 'ickle pound to be gone .... I'm soooo greedy.... after all it was greed that got me here in the first place mwahhhhh! :D

I think youre right you should be losing more. I dont see where you are going wrong though. But at least you are losing, and the slower it comes off the longer it stays off. I can understand why you are frustrated though I would be pissed off. Maybe someone can help xx

Yup.. I'm losing and THAT is great and you are of course right that the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off and that IS the whole reason I am doing CC and not SW, this is a great reminder during my frustration so thank you my lovely for popping in and for your continued support in my diary!:)

Aww Sam, I know exactly how you feel. It's not like you're thinking of giving up at all, it's just your a little down in the dumps that the weight isn't coming off as quickly as you like.
I had days were I'd think "I'm so far away from my goal" and I'd get so disheartened. I'd also hear people losing 2-3lb in minimins even though they had wrote only a few days before that they went off plan for a few days and think "why can't I lose 2-3lb a week when I DON'T go off plan?"

I'm going to sound like a broken down record player but you will get there. It might take you 6 months, it might even take you a year but trust me if you stick to plan it will fly in. Plus as you get nearer goal you'll start loving your new body. So if you've got 4 stone to go, you'll start feeling really good about yourself and your body before that - say at around the 2/3 stone to go mark. So if you're looking at the scales and thinking "I won't be happy with myself until I'm at goal" then you're wrong. As your body shrinks you'll start loving it sooner and the last few stone will just be tweaking your figure. It will come sooner than you think.

In a few months time you'll say to me "Lucy, you were right!" jut keep sticking to plan and you WILL get there. I promise. It's physics. ;) xxx

The weird thing is I read other's diaries across Minimins and a lot of dieters do seem to react to a disappointing week by heading for the biscuit tin or over to KFC - I love both but I only want to eat either when I'm in a happy mood, because if I ate those foods now and then found I put on next week I'd be well disappointed and even more upset.

Ahhh Lucy I KNOW that in the future we will look back at this important one pound loss with such joy and laughter... who knows it could be the turning point for me.

I'm ranting, I'm impatient but it's because I am sooo excited about how I could look and thank you Lucy because it will be so fun once I really start losing... I KNOW there could be gains in the future... but I'm going to my best to ensure that they are worthy gains and that I have done everything I could to ensure that they are not big gains.

I may treat myself tonight to a cocktail or something sweet but ONLY if it remains in my calorie intake.

This body albeit voluptious in large amounts will not beat me... I shall remain obsessive but that is only because I know it to be the only way to get where I want.

Can't believe I just cried about losing a pound WTF is wrong with me :rolleyes:

OK, here are my thoughts.

Sam, go and hold a packet of sugar and tell me you are not proud to have lost that from your body!!! A pound is heavier than you think!

Last week, I lost .4 of a pound and was thoroughly pissed off. I got all of you guys supporting me, and I carried on and lost 3lbs this week!!
Weight loss is a tricky game. (here comes the science bit)
When your body has lost a certain amount of weight, it starts to feel different inside. So you don't go into shock, and your muscles don't start to spasm, the body distributes water to the parts where the fat has gone. Slowly your body will release that water, but in the mean time it is there to replace the fat you lost quite quickly. This is why people plateau and loose tiny amounts.
Trust me, next week you will be happy with your loss. :D

Love ya xxx

Back