ProPoints SammieAnn's WW Food Diary - Count down to Wedding!!!

well done chick thats amazing keep up the good work!! :D xxx

morning all u lovely ladies!
its only bloody friday.... which means lucas is going away for the weekend today :cry:! i am sad but lucas is SO excited he cannot wait to go see Rory lol!
i am looking forward 2 a day of shoppin (and hopefully findin my dress) and night out tomorrow though!
in one way i cant wait for the weekend to b over so i can get down to writing with lucas!!

anyway coz lucas is off this afternoon when carl gets up we are going to go out for lunch! were off t the harvester
suggestions of what to have? im tihnkin maybe jus chicken breast...jacket or new pots then no peas and salad?
Sound good?

breakfast
2poached eggs 4pp
2 ww bread 3pp
butter 1pp
biscuits 2pp
so 10pp on breakfast and 33 left for the day i dnt want to touch my dailys until tomorrow!
xxxx

Hey good morning, is Lucas your boy? Have a lovely lunch, you've done sp well you deserve it x.

yeh his my baby! well not so much a baby his 3in november!! his amazin even though yesterday at school was awful lol his amazin guna miss him! oo yeh i am lookin forward 2 a dinner out! then tomorrow will b lunch out n drinks at night lol! how u luv? how u finding ur first week
xx

What a rubbish teacher!!!!! My son was the same but luckily he had a fab teacher!!! She said her son was the same at 3 and that September was his first year in uni....In Wales only learn through play until 5 so there was no pressure xx he could not write his name if he did not feel like it, but could build cathedrals out of stickle bricks!!!! The teacher and myself use to have a giggle about it xxx when he hit 5 he was doing all he needed to do for his age xx he is now 14 started gcse this year x in top sets for every subject. Has had straight a's in all subjects the last few years!!!! They just develop differently chick x the difference is his teacher focused on what he did rather well!!! Instead of picking up the negatives xx get his books and let him do, but make it fun you know he is as intelligent as any other child!! Have confidence as his mum he is finexxxx

What a rubbish teacher!!!!! My son was the same but luckily he had a fab teacher!!! She said her son was the same at 3 and that September was his first year in uni....In Wales only learn through play until 5 so there was no pressure xx he could not write his name if he did not feel like it, but could build cathedrals out of stickle bricks!!!! The teacher and myself use to have a giggle about it xxx when he hit 5 he was doing all he needed to do for his age xx he is now 14 started gcse this year x in top sets for every subject. Has had straight a's in all subjects the last few years!!!! They just develop differently chick x the difference is his teacher focused on what he did rather well!!! Instead of picking up the negatives xx get his books and let him do, but make it fun you know he is as intelligent as any other child!! Have confidence as his mum he is finexxxx

thanks hun for this message!
i no he will b able t do it when we start doin it i no he will! my mum said i have 2 make it fun but i dnt really no wat to do t make writing in the book fun if u no wat i mean? but on monday were guna b in the dinning room and we will b workin on the books and i will do one and show him and then let him do it and jus guna do it every day until january when he starts nursry! like my aim is for him 2 write his name by xmas but ur right all kids are dfferent xx

Sammie I'm a qualified nanny, and all children develop at different rates. Don't feel like Lucas isn't clever, My god son who is 6 and now in year one, couldn't read, or write or anything before he went to school. My friend believes that children need to develop on there own until 5, and he is the top of his class! his reading age is 8! so trust me hun, Lucas is just fine!

Trying to get him to sit down and write in a book will be tricky as his attention span is only just over 2 minutes!

The way we get children to develop there drawing skills ready for school in nursery, is to get finger paints or crayons and paper and do it with him, so show him how to draw thing with your fingers so he can copy. So you write his name, one letter at a time and get him to copy you, then give him loads of praise for his efforts. It will take practice so don't feel disheartened and you may feel silly giving him hundreds of praise for something as an adult you would see as something small but it will mean loads to him. Make sure you engage him with phrases like " wow lucas did you see what mummy just did? I think your so big and clever that you could do this better than mummy, why don't you show me?"

Try and turn it into a game, so he will think it is fun, with a reward at the end, Keep telling him how big and how clever he is and how proud you are of him. he will pick it up hun. Please don't let a childcare professional make you feel like your not doing the best thing for lucas. She may be qualified but she isn't his mum.

If you would like anymore advice hun, I'm happy to help. She should of discussed with you ways to improve his development, not just said what you need to do.

xxx

Sammie I'm a qualified nanny, and all children develop at different rates. Don't feel like Lucas isn't clever, My god son who is 6 and now in year one, couldn't read, or write or anything before he went to school. My friend believes that children need to develop on there own until 5, and he is the top of his class! his reading age is 8! so trust me hun, Lucas is just fine!

Trying to get him to sit down and write in a book will be tricky as his attention span is only just over 2 minutes!

The way we get children to develop there drawing skills ready for school in nursery, is to get finger paints or crayons and paper and do it with him, so show him how to draw thing with your fingers so he can copy. So you write his name, one letter at a time and get him to copy you, then give him loads of praise for his efforts. It will take practice so don't feel disheartened and you may feel silly giving him hundreds of praise for something as an adult you would see as something small but it will mean loads to him. Make sure you engage him with phrases like " wow lucas did you see what mummy just did? I think your so big and clever that you could do this better than mummy, why don't you show me?"

Try and turn it into a game, so he will think it is fun, with a reward at the end, Keep telling him how big and how clever he is and how proud you are of him. he will pick it up hun. Please don't let a childcare professional make you feel like your not doing the best thing for lucas. She may be qualified but she isn't his mum.

If you would like anymore advice hun, I'm happy to help. She should of discussed with you ways to improve his development, not just said what you need to do.

xxx

:bighug:

omg thank u so so so so so so much this is such a big help!
i am guna buy some paints tomorrow and start doing this! i never even thought of finger painting thank u so much! i think finger painting will keep his attention for alot longer and like u say i will start writing his name but jus one letter at a time! i am guna try this monday (when his back from his weekend away)! i am so thankful for this luv! i will defo let u no how i get on and now i no i will prb have all sors of questions for u!
do u think i sud still get some of the writing books? but start with paper and finger painting first of all? try writing letters of his name/numbers and other days doing pictures and stuff?
xxxxxxx

537730_10151738872140471_800174105_n[1].jpg
this has t b one of the worst pics EVER taken of me and what made me wanna lose weight!

Loving the photos Hun, you are so pretty and your boy is gorgeous xx

well its up to you if you want to buy to the books too, you can always get them as an additional thing that as he develops you can use with him. Ask any questions you like and I will always help where I can, but remember he's your little one, and it's your decision what is best for him and don't let anyone else make you feel any different! :)

Back