Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

Pregnant with baby no1 and trying not to gain too much!

Feeling super tired today luckily I don't have work but I just feel very tired and emotional at the moment ! Feel bad for the bf cuz I'm not great company to be around .
I've eaten really healthy this week so I kinda hoped I might have lost a couple of pounds but I've stayed the same . I guess I need to stop worrying and get used to the idea that my body is going to change and I am going to gain weight whether I like it or not .
Going for a meal with some friends tomorrow night so hoping that might cheer me up a bit :)

It doesn't have to be gain after gain but you do need to relax and not be upset if it is a gain.. How far along are you again???
The recommended is not to gain in the first trimester... Then a pound a week thereafter.. Anymore than that can lead to problems further down the line, but don't always.. Also the "recommended" gain depends on your current weight.. As i'm overweight already... its recommended I gain no more than 15-28lbs during pregnancy... I'm aiming for no more than 7-14lbs... But i'm very lucky in that my appetite hasn't changed and I've had very very mild morning sickness... Most of the other girls I've chatted to on here aren't so lucky...
The main this is to eat what you can, and often... If you can manage to keep to healthy choices it'll do wonders for how you feel, limiting your gain, and baby's growth.. What better inspiration for making healthy choices :)

Enjoy your meal out.. Wud love a good girly night.. Flix n dinner or something.. Need girly time..Not had any in ages.. (Just realised)
As for BF/hubby... Tough!! You're life has already changed threefold.. Your body is gona change threefold.. So if he gets a grumpy missus for a few months.. that's just tough :D lol

I'm only 6weeks Hun so I think I'm in for a bit of an emotional time lol .
I've just always been very conscious about my weight its not that I'm majorly overweight or anything its just that being only 5ft tall I don't carry extra weight very well.
i guess I don't have the best of self esteem but I'm working on it and I'm extremely lucky to have a bf who isn't phased in the least by my weight .. He's really very good to put up with my moaning lol.
But anyway .. I think like you said along as I am making healthy choices hopefully the weight gain will be minimal .
Ah I love girly nights but they're very rare these days so I really am looking forward to catching up with my friends .. It's just going to be so hard not to tell them the big news .. We've agreed to keep it quiet until we've had the 12 week scan so I'm going to have to be careful not to slip up lol.

I'm only 6weeks Hun so I think I'm in for a bit of an emotional time lol .
I've just always been very conscious about my weight its not that I'm majorly overweight or anything its just that being only 5ft tall I don't carry extra weight very well.
i guess I don't have the best of self esteem but I'm working on it and I'm extremely lucky to have a bf who isn't phased in the least by my weight .. He's really very good to put up with my moaning lol.
But anyway .. I think like you said along as I am making healthy choices hopefully the weight gain will be minimal .
Ah I love girly nights but they're very rare these days so I really am looking forward to catching up with my friends .. It's just going to be so hard not to tell them the big news .. We've agreed to keep it quiet until we've had the 12 week scan so I'm going to have to be careful not to slip up lol.
I know chic.. We all have days where we'd rather pull the duvet over our heads n sleep thru the day...
You may be lucky to have him.. But don't forget he's lucky to have you too :)
If you're having a really bad day.. Come on here n let off some steam.. We're always here to help..

As for girly nights... Far too seldom if you ask me... can't remember the last one I had.. Just bought a house in December and lotza work needing doing.. Plus, my BF put up the whole deposit n spent allot of his savings paying to have everything done, n I wana pay him pack half of everything.. So putting allot of pressure on myself.. He's not once mentioned me paying half, but I wana feel like its half mine and I've worked for it... Little Miss Independent.. ha ha.. So money's pretty tight ATM.. Won't be forever and sure now I'd rather be snuggled up in bed with my duvet by 9pm than out n about so its all good :)

Thank you :) I'm definitely feeling in a better mood today but its nice to be able to have somewhere to vent .
Ah Hun were exactly the same we just brought a house we move in February and have to have the full deposit before we move in so were literally saving so much and there's even more pressure knowing that we have all the baby stuff to buy aswel.
But I know what u mean about wanting to feel like you have contributed .. My Bf is putting a lot more money in than me and it does make me feel bad even though I know he wouldn't expect me to put anywhere near what he has.
We're pretty much surviving by watching films every night and getting snuggled up on the sofa lol .. Like you said though it won't be forever so we just have to deal with it .. Will all be worth it in the end ! Xxx

Its nice tho sitting in together n not worrying about someone walking in.. Know it sounds so teenager but even if I could be going out... I doubt I would... Well, wouldn't be going out boozing now anyway but you know what I mean :)

Aw sounds lovely. I'd kill to have hubby at home with me every night for snuggles, but because of his job (he's a police officer and works silly shifts all the time) it makes things difficult. Like this week for instance, he's on Day 2 of a week's worth of nights...so it basically means we rarely see each other!

and I'm the same Frances, I'm a home-bod. I like going out for dinners etc, but not a massive drinker (unless I'm with my family at one of their houses and there's a bottle of wine - then I'm hammered) but can't remember the last time I went out clubbing...and I'm only 23!! lol. I like being snug and warm at home :D xx

Aw sounds lovely. I'd kill to have hubby at home with me every night for snuggles, but because of his job (he's a police officer and works silly shifts all the time) it makes things difficult. Like this week for instance, he's on Day 2 of a week's worth of nights...so it basically means we rarely see each other!

and I'm the same Frances, I'm a home-bod. I like going out for dinners etc, but not a massive drinker (unless I'm with my family at one of their houses and there's a bottle of wine - then I'm hammered) but can't remember the last time I went out clubbing...and I'm only 23!! lol. I like being snug and warm at home :D xx
I do love my nights out with the girls.. But they're few n far between since saving for/buying the house.. Now I just love to have a yummy dinner with himself and snuggle down to a movie.. That's me a happy bunny.. But i'm 31 so its about time.. lol

Yeh there is definitely something very comforting about coming home to your boy and having some nice food and a good snuggle lol as cheesy as it sounds !

So last night I went out for a curry with some friends and today me and the bf have been out for a carvery .. So a pretty calorific weekend ! I don't regret it though because it has been nice to relax and enjoy good food and company - tomorrow will be back to being healthy though :)

Sounds lovely :) I love a curry! :D

I hope you are well? xx

I'm good thanks Hun :)
Although I've had a really bad week food wise I have been eating so much crap it's unreal .. I'm disappointed in myself because I had been doing quite well but this week has just been a write off lol .
I'm gonna just draw a line under it and start fresh tomorrow .
No more symptoms yet other than sore boobs lol .

Ugh I am sooooo tired this morn, literally got no sleep last night felt like my mind was in overdrive panicking about everything .. Don't know why think the hormones are starting to get to me :/
Off to work now could do with some matchsticks to keep my eyes open lol.

Ugh I am sooooo tired this morn, literally got no sleep last night felt like my mind was in overdrive panicking about everything .. Don't know why think the hormones are starting to get to me :/
Off to work now could do with some matchsticks to keep my eyes open lol.
Oh sorry to hear you aren't sleeping great.. nothing worse.. Especially when you've to face a day at work...
Can't say try not to worry about things.. I'm only 15 weeks in and already panicking... But do try to relax when possible.. xxx

Hope you manage to get through the day with the tiredness - thats what has been the killer for me, but at almost 15 weeks i think it's improving slightly....i can stay up past 8pm most nights now! :D So it should get better - just try and roll with it and relax/rest as much as possible when you can.

Thanks girls I think today's the first day I've fully experienced any pregnancy symptoms I felt so sick in the supermarket and the lady in front of me in the queue was paying with coupons I felt like screaming at her she was takig forever , I was so scared I was going to puke lol I would have been mortified but luckily it passed .
Also surprisingly a bowl of cereal seems to ease the nausea so I'm stocking up on that just in case!

Thanks girls I think today's the first day I've fully experienced any pregnancy symptoms I felt so sick in the supermarket and the lady in front of me in the queue was paying with coupons I felt like screaming at her she was takig forever , I was so scared I was going to puke lol I would have been mortified but luckily it passed .
Also surprisingly a bowl of cereal seems to ease the nausea so I'm stocking up on that just in case!

Ha ha. That happened me. Except I had to run outta the shop n be sick in the bushes!!! Then I went back in n was gona do my shop again but the granny that was behind me held my stuff there n shouted me back over. I was mortified

Haha bad times ! I feel better today but I've been really naughty and had a McDonalds...I was looking after my two nieces and promised them one but then couldn't resist having one myself whoops..
Really struggling to get back on the wagon at the mo I dread to think of the scale damage so I'm avoiding them for now !

Feeling really down about my weight today .. I know I should be happy excited to be pregnant which dont get me wrong i am its just i wish that I had lost some weight before hand as now I'm feeling like such a lump .
I know it sounds silly but I wanted to be one of those girls that have a nice neat bump but I'm already gross and my face seriously looks like a balloon!! Ahh .
Sorry rant over

Back