Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

Feeling really down about my weight today .. I know I should be happy excited to be pregnant which dont get me wrong i am its just i wish that I had lost some weight before hand as now I'm feeling like such a lump .
I know it sounds silly but I wanted to be one of those girls that have a nice neat bump but I'm already gross and my face seriously looks like a balloon!! Ahh .
Sorry rant over

I know it's easier said than done but try not to worry too much. I'm well over the bmi I should be, and we're getting married 8 weeks after bubs is due. I've gained about a stone already and I'm 21+5. I feel huge but I'm growing a baby. It's easy for people to say it but just try to enjoy being pregnant. If I'm honest I didn't like the first 16 weeks at all but now I love it. X

Pregnant with baby no1 and trying not to gain too much!

Thank you Hun I think I'm just a bit emotional at the mo , if I'm honest I just want to get the first trimester over with ! I think your right though its a special time of life so I am going to try and relax more and enjoy it there's plenty of time afterwards to worry about my weight . Just had a little look at your thread your bump is lovely :)

Thank you Hun I think I'm just a bit emotional at the mo , if I'm honest I just want to get the first trimester over with ! I think your right though its a special time of life so I am going to try and relax more and enjoy it there's plenty of time afterwards to worry about my weight . Just had a little look at your thread your bump is lovely :)

Exactly. All the running around we will do will help get the weight off :) Aw thanks. It's really noticeable now, can't wait for it to get bigger!!

Feeling really down about my weight today .. I know I should be happy excited to be pregnant which dont get me wrong i am its just i wish that I had lost some weight before hand as now I'm feeling like such a lump .
I know it sounds silly but I wanted to be one of those girls that have a nice neat bump but I'm already gross and my face seriously looks like a balloon!! Ahh .
Sorry rant over
I think most of us on here feel the same hun.. Ideally I wanted to be another stone lighter before getting pregnant but TBH I've wanted it for so long, n been trying for so long I don't let it bother me..
I think for me first trimester was such a bloated time for me that I felt AWFUL.. Even tho I lost 3lb (I know not allot really) in the first trimester I felt HUGE and was wearing bigger trousers n not closing the buttons on my jeans!!!
I guess my point is.. You're not alone and don't feel bad for feeling crap about how you look right now.. Tho am pretty sure you look fab ;)
It is an amazing time n we really do need to enjoy it as much as we can.. While time is dragging right now... 9months is a short time and its the ONLY time we'll ever have baby all to ourselves :)

Thanks Hun your right :) how far a long are you now ??
My sickness is starting to kick in a little bit now I'm just worried as I haven't told my employer yet as obviously its still very early days so I'm hoping I don't have to make any quick dashes to the loo whilst she's there as that could look suspicious! X

Thanks Hun your right :) how far a long are you now ??
My sickness is starting to kick in a little bit now I'm just worried as I haven't told my employer yet as obviously its still very early days so I'm hoping I don't have to make any quick dashes to the loo whilst she's there as that could look suspicious! X

I'm 15+5 :)
I told my supervisor quite early on tbh as my job involves archiving files which means lifting n carrying boxes of files. So I had to get out of that somehow.
Hope u don't get it too bad. Some of the girls hav had to take time off work they've been so sick :(

Heya, I know what you mean about the weight. Theres a lot of us in the same position...my BMI was too high before I even got pregnant and now im at 20+6 the weight has started to really go on.

Ive decided now that I just have to focus on baby and think about losing weight after baby is born. I try to make healthy choices and not have too much junk/sugar...but some days you do just need to have a little of whatever you're craving :p

Thanks Jo - looks like we're all in the same boat :) over the last couple of days the nausea has started to kick in so luckily haven't fancied any junk food just really plain stuff like toast and cornflakes lol .
I'm very lucky with my job Frances , its pretty laid back and doesn't involve any heavy lifting other than lifting the children which should be fine for the time being I think the only time I might struggle is towards the end . I just want to be sure I give my employers as much as notice as possible as I work on my own so they will have to look for my replacement xx

Thanks Jo - looks like we're all in the same boat :) over the last couple of days the nausea has started to kick in so luckily haven't fancied any junk food just really plain stuff like toast and cornflakes lol .
I'm very lucky with my job Frances , its pretty laid back and doesn't involve any heavy lifting other than lifting the children which should be fine for the time being I think the only time I might struggle is towards the end . I just want to be sure I give my employers as much as notice as possible as I work on my own so they will have to look for my replacement xx
DON'T LIFT KIDS.....
My BF's Mam nearly gave me a heart attack when I picked up his nephew she let a roar.. LOL
Frightened the bejaysus outta me but apparently its a no no...
We're not meant to lift heavier than 10lbs... (Tho not sure how that works if its not baby no 1!!!!!)

Oh gosh lol it makes you wonder how mums who already have young children manage . I work as a nanny and the youngest is 10 months old !! I'm going to have to just try and take it easy as unfortunately I can't afford to give my job up at the moment .
Mind you having said that my sister in law is 8 months pregnant with a 2 and a half year old and she somehow manages.. I guess us women are made of steel lol xx

I get told off for picking my two stone nephew up!! I always make sure I don't strain to pick him up and make sure he sits properly on my hips. To be honest now I don't feel ill anymore I keep forgetting I'm pregnant. Carried the full washing basket upstairs the other day then realised what I'd done when I got to the bedroom!! My dad and step mum keep telling me off for stuff all the time. Id definitely get things sorted at work ASAP if you have to lift kids etc. Think they should do some kind of risk assessment. Mind you, I still haven't had one!!

[h=1]Is it safe to carry around my toddler when I'm pregnant?[/h]

Tweet

Laurie C. Zephyrin ob-gyn

Carrying a toddler during pregnancy probably isn't a good idea. As your belly expands, your center of gravity shifts. This puts lot of pressure on your lower back. Also, body changes early in pregnancy can make you more prone to feeling lightheaded when you stand up. So if you reach down and lift a toddler straight up, you may feel weak or dizzy for minute or two.
This may be difficult to explain to your toddler. Be creative about strategies to keep your toddler feeling special. You can sit down and have your toddler sit on your lap for hugs, and use a stroller when you're on the go. Friends and family can help carry a sleeping toddler to bed.
If you must lift your toddler from time to time, bend your knees and try to keep your back straight. Flat shoes and back support products in pregnancy may help reduce the strain on your lower back.

bc-experts-mary-lake-polan.jpg
Mary Lake Polan ob-gyn

In the early months, if it doesn't hurt your back, it's probably okay. Taper off after four or five months, though. Try letting your toddler sit on your lap instead and encourage him to walk with you instead of being carried.

I went to google to find out why... LOL
See above post :)

Sarah I do that all the time.. Lumbering the wash basket.. Jonathan gives out but I mean.. If I was to wait for him to bring the washing down I'd have no clothes left to wear!!!!! I don't life the wet washing tho and do bring down the washing is seperate loads so its not too heavy.. If its in any way heavy I nag at him to bring it until he's done it...
Tho yesterday he sat watching me lumber in all the shopping bags while he watching Dublin playing GAA or hurling or whatever the hell it was.. Fecker!!! (BTW I say he watched me.. He probably didnt' even notice me come into the house as sport was on tv)

Thanks Frances that makes sense I guess :)
I suppose i will just have to try to avoid lifting whenever possible and make sure if i do have to then its done correctly .
I don't have the washing basket problem as I live in a ground floor flat but the shopping bags is a different story ha! Having said that we move to a house next feb so by then I will be heavily pregnant and hopefully bf will be a bit more helpful around the house ! X

I suppose i will just have to try to avoid lifting whenever possible and make sure if i do have to then its done correctly .
I don't have the washing basket problem as I live in a ground floor flat but the shopping bags is a different story ha! Having said that we move to a house next feb so by then I will be heavily pregnant and hopefully bf will be a bit more helpful around the house ! X

Hmmm... Don't hold yer breath!! LOL

Yea sure you'll know when it gets too much.. For obvious reasons if you start getting dizzy spells don't pick the wee one both for his/her safety and yours...

7+2
Super tired today just want to curl up in bed and go to sleep. :( roll on 5.30! X

7+2
Super tired today just want to curl up in bed and go to sleep. :( roll on 5.30! X
Uh-oh.. The tiredness has kicked in.. Its crap.. I was heading to bed at 9pm every night.. Tho I was a rebel at weekends and stayed up til 10!!

Sure has ! Feel like a zombie today!
Does anyone know where you can get caffeine free tea from ? I'm a massive tea drinker and am struggling to resist my tea cravings .. I know I can drink 2 cups a day but I'm used to drinking more like 5 or 6 lol xx

Sure has ! Feel like a zombie today!
Does anyone know where you can get caffeine free tea from ? I'm a massive tea drinker and am struggling to resist my tea cravings .. I know I can drink 2 cups a day but I'm used to drinking more like 5 or 6 lol xx

I've got Asda's own and PG Tips. I got some from Sainsburys and yuuuuuuuuk they were vile!!! I like weak tea but they were tasteless. PG tips are the nicest I've had. X

Back