Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

Grr took the two little boys that I nanny for out today and a lady said to me
How old are yours ? I replied that they were not my children and that I just look after them to which she replied oh I was going to say you look too young to have children ( Obviously not knowing I'm pregnant )
I know I should take it as a compliment but it really annoys me when people judge ! how can I be 'too young' and who decides what age is appropriate to have a child?! I know that I don't look my age (22 almost 23) but even if I was 18 that doesn't mean that I would be any less capable of looking after a child!
Sorry rant over

Me and my ex hubby once took his cousins away for a weekend when I was 27 and he was 25. His cousins were 11 and 5 at the time. We were sat in the kids club part of the complex and an old lady looked at the 11 year old and said to me "Were you still in school when you had that one??". I didn't look my age then either (people sometimes say I don't look nearly 33 now but I'm not sure) but how rude?! Rachel (the 11 year old) was in hysterics and actually said "She's my cousin's wife, not my mum, but it's none of your business". HAHA. She was a really quiet kid so for her to come out with that we were both really surprised. The old woman soon buggered off though!!!x

Sammie's pregnancy diary

So I've had a horrendous day today .. The children or child I look after has been a real handful all week and its getting me down because I'm already tired and agitated he's only three but he doesn't listen to me he hits me and is really rough with me and his baby brother and I just haven't got the patience at the moment to deal with his constant strops . I feel like all day I am constantly telling him to stop doing this or that and now I'm starting to question myself as a childcare worker and a parent to be which is silly because I know I'm good at what I do and have been doing it for 4 years with no problems and have always enjoyed working with kids.
I think everything is just getting on top of me at the mo .. I'm dreading going into work tomorrow all I want to do is curl up in bed and stay there :(
Just to make things worse I have an infection under my tooth and its possible that I may have to have root canal treatment aswell as a filling on a different tooth.
The dentist picked up on the infection lat week but said as I wasn't in any pain they wouldn't do anything while I was pregnant but now that I'm in a lot of pain with it and can't take anything other than paracetamol I'm guessing they will probably go ahead and do the root canal .. Il find out for sure on Friday when I go in for the filling . So for now I am on the sofa with a horrible toothache and an aching back feeling sorry for myself :(
Sorry for moaning .. Again!

So I've had a horrendous day today .. The children or child I look after has been a real handful all week and its getting me down because I'm already tired and agitated he's only three but he doesn't listen to me he hits me and is really rough with me and his baby brother and I just haven't got the patience at the moment to deal with his constant strops . I feel like all day I am constantly telling him to stop doing this or that and now I'm starting to question myself as a childcare worker and a parent to be which is silly because I know I'm good at what I do and have been doing it for 4 years with no problems and have always enjoyed working with kids. I think everything is just getting on top of me at the mo .. I'm dreading going into work tomorrow all I want to do is curl up in bed and stay there :( Just to make things worse I have an infection under my tooth and its possible that I may have to have root canal treatment aswell as a filling on a different tooth. The dentist picked up on the infection lat week but said as I wasn't in any pain they wouldn't do anything while I was pregnant but now that I'm in a lot of pain with it and can't take anything other than paracetamol I'm guessing they will probably go ahead and do the root canal .. Il find out for sure on Friday when I go in for the filling . So for now I am on the sofa with a horrible toothache and an aching back feeling sorry for myself :( Sorry for moaning .. Again!

Ooh I feel for you with the bad tooth. I had a root canal fail in early pregnancy, it started hurting on the day of my 12 week scan! It was so painful but they wouldn't touch it until I was properly into the second tri so I had to put up with it for a few weeks, I had antibiotics for the infection and they eventually pulled it out when I was 18 weeks as they couldn't x-ray me to retreat the tooth and tbh I just wanted rid of it by that point lol! It was no fun but worth it once it healed up. I was given a small amount of codeine in case I needed anything stronger than paracetamol after the extraction but I only took one when it was really bad as taking them weirded me out. My doctor did say they were fine though so if the pain gets really bad there might be other things you can take if you ask your doctor but definitely don't get anything over the counter from a pharmacy.

Hope work improves and you're feeling better soon xxx

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Ah thanks Hun I do feel a bit better today think I was really tired yesterday and just on one lol.
Dentist tomorrow so will see what they say. .. The tooth is near the front so taking it out is not an option! I'm too vain for that so I'm hoping they are able to sort it out for me!
Only one more week left at work before I break up for Xmas and the break can't come quick enough!
So looking forward to relaxing and enjoying Xmas!
X

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Hi girls
Sorry I have been a bit quiet lately
I haven't had much to update you on really it's been a quite week so far .
My bump has literally doubled in size I'm feeling very large it's hard to believe that I still have another 17 weeks to grow !
Baby is moving regularly now but seems to move the most at nighttime just when I go to lie down uh-oh!!
I have managed to find someone to replace me at work which is a big relief as it means that I can finish pretty much whenever I choose as she is available to start anytime after Xmas so it may mean that I can finish at 6 weeks
Before due date rather than 4 .
Still waiting for a date to move house which is annoying as we don't know if it is January or February yet and is hard to plan anything .. Bf can't book the time off work and I don't know if I'm still going to be working or not .. Really wish they would just hurry up and give us a date !!
I go on half term on Friday so finish work for 2 weeks on Thursday I am sooo excited and looking forward to wrapping all my Xmas prezzies up haven't wrapped one present yet !
The dress that I ordered off asos for Xmas day has come and I do like it but its a little bit long for me in going to have to go with it though as I don't have time to get another one .. Think once my makeup tan and hair is done it will look ok.
Hope everyone is well and rest for Xmas :) x

Hi girls
Sorry I have been a bit quiet lately
I haven't had much to update you on really it's been a quite week so far .
My bump has literally doubled in size I'm feeling very large it's hard to believe that I still have another 17 weeks to grow !
Baby is moving regularly now but seems to move the most at nighttime just when I go to lie down uh-oh!!
I have managed to find someone to replace me at work which is a big relief as it means that I can finish pretty much whenever I choose as she is available to start anytime after Xmas so it may mean that I can finish at 6 weeks
Before due date rather than 4 .
Still waiting for a date to move house which is annoying as we don't know if it is January or February yet and is hard to plan anything .. Bf can't book the time off work and I don't know if I'm still going to be working or not .. Really wish they would just hurry up and give us a date !!
I go on half term on Friday so finish work for 2 weeks on Thursday I am sooo excited and looking forward to wrapping all my Xmas prezzies up haven't wrapped one present yet !
The dress that I ordered off asos for Xmas day has come and I do like it but its a little bit long for me in going to have to go with it though as I don't have time to get another one .. Think once my makeup tan and hair is done it will look ok.
Hope everyone is well and rest for Xmas :) x

Ha ha... I said the very same thing... It wasn't actually that long.. But just longer than I'm used to (not that I'd wear teeny dresses)
The back was OK but the front not so much.. lol.. I think its coz its to accommodate the full term bump too.. Which will hike it up an inch or 2... Everyone said it was lovely on me though...
And in fairness.. Was probably a nice respectable length for a pregnant lady lol

Great news you have found someone to take over... Yay :) That must be a huge relief for you.. Pants being so uncertain with the house.. They do like to drag things out to cause as much stress as possible I think!! Hopefully its sorted soon xx

Hi hun x

Nice to hear from you :) I feel like that on a daily basis at the moment. I think the past two mornings I've woken up and said "Coorrr!! My belly's grown!!!" lol

Ugh...hopefully the house situation sorts itself out soon. I hate waiting around and not getting answers. When I want to know something, I want to know it NOW. I'm impatient lol

Great news on the dress :)

xxx

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Ha ha... I said the very same thing... It wasn't actually that long.. But just longer than I'm used to (not that I'd wear teeny dresses)
The back was OK but the front not so much.. lol.. I think its coz its to accommodate the full term bump too.. Which will hike it up an inch or 2... Everyone said it was lovely on me though...
And in fairness.. Was probably a nice respectable length for a pregnant lady lol

Great news you have found someone to take over... Yay :) That must be a huge relief for you.. Pants being so uncertain with the house.. They do like to drag things out to cause as much stress as possible I think!! Hopefully its sorted soon xx

Yeh that's the exact problem is fine at the back but at the front it goes a little below the knee which like you said is probably respectable I'm just used to wearing things that are just above the knee . . It will be fine though I'm sure . Bf likes it not that his opinion on my clothes is the deciding factor lol but he thinks the length is fine.
It really is such a relief I just hope she definitely takes the position she's going to come and have an interview and meet the family so fingers crossed it will all work out .
Atleast if she takes the job then it doesn't really matter when we move house as I know there is someone on standby to step in at work for me which is fab.

Yeh that's the exact problem is fine at the back but at the front it goes a little below the knee which like you said is probably respectable I'm just used to wearing things that are just above the knee . . It will be fine though I'm sure . Bf likes it not that his opinion on my clothes is the deciding factor lol but he thinks the length is fine.
It really is such a relief I just hope she definitely takes the position she's going to come and have an interview and meet the family so fingers crossed it will all work out .
Atleast if she takes the job then it doesn't really matter when we move house as I know there is someone on standby to step in at work for me which is fab.

At least you got his opinion.. I asked Jonathan and got "I'm not answering that.. Are you mad? I've more sense!" Ha ha... Afraid to say the wrong thing???? LOL
He did eventually say "Yea its grand" But sure that wasn't much help... Maybe I'll pop it on later and get him to take a pic n post it on here (on my thread) for you ladies to give honest opinions.. While I still have time to pick something up!!
I've ordered bootleg jeans (over the bump) from New Look too.. Hoping they come today/tomorrow.. I got a good length so I can wear them with heels as the ones I have are under the bump skinnies which are grand for daytime cosy wear.. But if I'm going anywhere they're far too casual... Although my own jeans fit me fine if I leave the button open, zip only half way and a loose belt to hold them up.. So if I'm stuck I can wear them...

Glad you've managed to get work sorted, it must definitely be a weight off your mind. Hopefully the house thing will get sorted soon too then you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy xx

Hi honey x how are you getting on? Xx

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Hi sorry I've been quiet (again!)
I've not been too well , full of cold and starting to get real aches pain down my side and lower back . The back pain is making my sleep really disrupted because I can't get comfortable .
Have brought some Lictus stuff from boots to take alongside paracetemol just hoping this cold ******* off by Wednesday!
Weight is up a Lb so at 23 weeks I'm now 9lbs up in total .. I would have liked it to be 7 but it's Xmas so I'm not going to think about weight now til the new year!
Today I'm going to see the house and get some measurements so we can order our sofa and then Im going to get the last few Xmas presented wrapped up and I'm booked in for a spray tan at 4pm and hopefully getting my nails done too so I'm all pampered ready for Xmas ! X

Hi hun x hope you're feeling better and you had a good christmas :) xxx

Hi everyone sorry I'm rubbish at updating here lately .
Bf has been off work so it's been really nice just enjoying spending lots of quality time together .
Have not stopped eating since Xmas so dread to think how much I've gained but hey ho I will worry about that in the new year when I'm back at work its much easier to eat healthier when I'm out of the house .
Today and yesterday I have had horrendous heartburn it's not something I have experienced before and I have to be honest its bloody horrible!
If anyone has any advice on anything I can take to get rid I would be sincerely grateful!!
Also still suffering with back pain so at the moment relying on a hot water bottle every night to help ease the pain.
Other than that I'm all fine and dandy and looking forward to the new year and exciting things to come!
X

Gaviscon and plenty of it. It's grim stuff but it works! I found that spicy food really set it off for me so might be worth steering clear if you think certain foods are setting it off. xxx

Back