Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

Sammie's pregnancy diary

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1386002319.951020.jpgHere ya go girls ! So pleased with the pic the lady who did the scan was really nice and made sure we got a good pic!
I'm not good on small amounts of sleep but I guess I better get used to it lol
Xx

Fab picture, so clear!

Hopefully you'll be sleeping better soon but honestly it's not too bad once you get used to it. I've not had a full night in months, it's better when you finish work though and can nap in the day - I sleep better in the day for some reason! xxx

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Ahh I had a bit of a meltdown this morn girls .. I got on the scales and had a shock I'm now 8lbs up from my bfp and I have to be honest I'm not liking it at all .. I just want it to slow down I have another 20 weeks to go yet! I feel huge .. :(

Would it make you feel better if said that I'd already gained a stone by 20 weeks? ;) Seriously, you'll lose around 1.5 stone just by giving birth so don't worry! I will freely admit that I've pretty much stopped trying now though and am just enjoying my last few weeks of hot drinks and dinners I can eat in peace ;) xxx

Last edited:
I wish id only gained that at 20 weeks!!! I'm not sure what I'd gained by then but I'm on just over a stone and half now at 35 weeks. 8lbs is fab x

Sammie's pregnancy diary

I know that your all right it's just I know that I've been eating crap the last couple of weeks so I know it's not baby weight it's me being a pig which is what annoys me the most .
I really should hide the scales but I can't do it!
I'm going to try and have a good week now and hopefully il either lose or sts.
I think if I gain a total of a stone and a half throughout the pregnancy then I will be ok because I feel that will be manageable to lose once I've had the baby . I think putting three lbs on in one week was just a bit of a shock if I carried on like that for 20 weeks I would put on 60lbs!!!
X

I know what you mean... My total gain aim is 1st... Don't think its realistic anymore as it only gives me 6lb to gain over the next 12 weeks... :eek: But trying to keep as close to my goal as possible.. Rather than make a new higher one coz that will just turn my brain to thinking "oh i've plenty of leeway"

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Yeh I think if you have a goal then you stay motivated ..well to a fashion anyway ..
The last few weeks I've said sod it and now that I've weighed myself I feel like I need to get back on track and eat healthily again. I think thats why I always weigh myself because I feel then I still have some aspect of control .. I know that if I get a shock on the scales It will be a kick up the bum and make me realise I can't just eat whatever I want just coz I'm pregnant x

Yeh I think if you have a goal then you stay motivated ..well to a fashion anyway ..
The last few weeks I've said sod it and now that I've weighed myself I feel like I need to get back on track and eat healthily again. I think thats why I always weigh myself because I feel then I still have some aspect of control .. I know that if I get a shock on the scales It will be a kick up the bum and make me realise I can't just eat whatever I want just coz I'm pregnant x
I have decided to be more lenient.. as in not follow any plan as such.. But be more strict in cutting down/out goodies and treats...
My weekly update last week (or the week before) said this is the most important phase for baby's growth and development so its more important to eat right now to ensure baby gets all it needs for its bones n muscles n organs etc to develop... So that's keeping me going (for now anyway)
Also I don't want my baby to have a sweet tooth and apparently now is when they develop it... From tasting the sweetness in what I eat.. I much prefer to eat fruit anyway than sweets r choc n bickies etc..
But sometimes its not as "quick" as grabbing a bar... All I've to do is wash and possibly peel the fruit... But it takes like, 30 seconds longer than opening a bar of choc... LAZY LAZY LAZY!!!
It is hard though sometimes and we mustn't beat ourselves up if we have an off day or bold weekend.. We're still only human afterall...

Sammie's pregnancy diary

20+5

Baby has been kicking away today which has really made me smile I feel like its baby's way of reassuring me after the scare yesterday that he/she is fine in there.

I don't really have much to report today.. had a good day food wise yesterday and so far going well today . Will weigh in on Tuesday , I'm doing weightwatchers this week just to feel a bit better about myself I'm not being mega strict but I figured following a healthy eating plan for a week eating lots of fruit has got to be better than gorging out on carbs and fatty foods so going to follow the ww plan for the time being .

Really looking forward to the weekend .. bumps getting bigger now and finding myself getting tired a lot easier so want to have a chilled out weekend .

It's a late one at work tonight finishing at 6.30 instead of 5.30 so probably have something simple for tea jacket potato with salad maybe.

Aw your bump is so cute & neat :) x

Sammie's pregnancy diary

Thanks ladies finally braving 'fitted' clothing quite enjoying having a bump now think I will miss it when it's gone! Xx

I've loved tighter clothes since having a bump! It's the first time I'm allowed to look fat lol ;)

You look fab, lovely neat bump! xxx

Back