Sammies mummy and weight watching diary

1.5 lbs down this week :) It's coming off very slowly but I am eating plentiful so I guess its worth it. Ruby and I went out for lunch this afternoon it was gorgeous weather and was lovely to be able to take her out in her pram :) She's definately becoming more alert - especially at night time the little madam lol . She seems to have her day and night a bit mixed up .. She will sleep for hours on end in the day but at night she wants to be awake ahh ! Any tips ladies ? Also does anyone have any tips for getting rid of the hiccups ? She keeps getting them after her feeds and then I struggle to get her to settle in her Moses basket because she is uncomfortable.

Well done on your loss :)

I found it took a wee while for Thomas to start realising what night was, I kept it dark and quiet at night and normal noise level and light through the day to help him along. X

Thanks ladies .. Unfortunately had a really bad day food wise yesterday and then this morning I woke up ravenous and craving chocolate so that ended badly !
However .. Managed to turn it around . I ended up throwing all the remaining chocolate out of the house and then got my ass moving and did 30minutes interval training (killer!) and have also booked 30 mins personal training on Wednesday .
Determined to get fit for summer!!
Off to playgroup now with ruby .. Little bit nervous as I won't know anyone but think it will do me good to get out of the house .

Well done on your exercise :)
Hope play group goes well and you meet some lovely new Mums xx

Well done on exercise honey :)

How are you doing? And how's that gorgeous little girlie of yours? :) xx

Thank you Hun it's frustrating though my weigh seems to have plateaud now I've been the same number for 2 weeks and I'm doing loads of exercise grrr!
Ruby is doing fab thank you but she's growing up too fast I don't know where the time has gone!
Have started to combi feed now .. I know my HV is going to have a right old moan when I tell her but I think its in Ruby's best interests as she is a very hungry baby and I think she takes more from the bottle plus I know its selfish but formula feeding is just so much more convenient when your out and about . I am still giving her breast milk during the day when were not going anywhere but at nightime I find she sleeps better on formula milk and if we're going out and about I take a bottle of formula .

Here's my princess

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1401180013.063305.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1401180043.786607.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1401180090.589625.jpg

Xxx

Awwww she's a little cutie! I had the same problem with my HV I even considered lying and just saying yes I'm still breast feeding :) I fessed up in the end and once she realised I wasn't changing my mind she was ok. Xxx

Aww she's gorgeous!
Welcome to the combi feeding club lol
We had 3 months mainly breastmilk with usually 1 formula a day, the last week or so I've change to BF in the morning then formula through the day and BF for last feed if he wants it. Working well for us going to try this until he's 6 months then drop the BF x

Aww thank you girls :)
I love her so much .

Danni did thomas have any probs going back on the boob after giving him formula?

Ruby has been doing really well taking from both bottle and breast but then today she would only take bottle ..every time I put her back on me she would struggle to feed and cry so I ended up just giving her formula most of the day she has only had a breast feed once and that was this morning :/
I'm going to try again tomorrow hopefully she will go back on ..I would really like to combi feed for a bit longer so she is still getting the goodness of my milk whilst she is so young ..

Sammie I have this problem HV said its because Ben is getting used to lazy feeding. I now have to give him a couple of ounces from a bottle to take the edge off his hunger before he will go on the boob. I'm pretty sure I will be dropping the breast feeds soon as it's such a fight I will prob just carry on expressing what I can. Sorry not the most useful or positive :) xxx

Sammie I have this problem HV said its because Ben is getting used to lazy feeding. I now have to give him a couple of ounces from a bottle to take the edge off his hunger before he will go on the boob. I'm pretty sure I will be dropping the breast feeds soon as it's such a fight I will prob just carry on expressing what I can. Sorry not the most useful or positive :) xxx

Tried her again this morning .. She did go back on the boob for a little bit but only because she was starving ( shed slept from her 3am feed through til 7am) then after about five ten minutes of feeding she was faffing about again so I ended up giving her a bottle of formula .
The problem is when I'm not feeding her myself my boobs are getting really full and sore and my pumps broken so i can't express ahh so I'm trying to put her on even if for just five minutes at a time just to relieve me a little bit! X

I don't like to see anyone struggle, especially with bf. Can I recommend the UK Breastfeeding Support group on fb? They've helped me carry on when I thought there was no hope - they're a lovely group of ladies and very well informed. We're having the same problem with nipple confusion/preference but I've learned that we can do it ladies - it's hard but totally doable. Xxx

Sent from my D6503 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Was going to link you but not allowed apparently :(

They definitely get lazy, I find he prefers my boobs when they're full as it must be easier for him. But for the first 2 months I was only expressing so he had a bottle from birth:
Sometimes if he refuses I squeeze some milk from my nipple and he'll then take it xx

I don't like to see anyone struggle, especially with bf. Can I recommend the UK Breastfeeding Support group on fb? They've helped me carry on when I thought there was no hope - they're a lovely group of ladies and very well informed. We're having the same problem with nipple confusion/preference but I've learned that we can do it ladies - it's hard but totally doable. Xxx

Thanks missy, I will check it out for sure :) like I said before I really don't want to give up on breast feeding all together and it seems a shame when she was doing so well before I almost feel guilty now for introducing her to formula but she sleeps sooo much better at night time now because I feel the formula is filling her up better .

Danni I've noticed ruby takes better when my boobs are full too .. It must be easier for her to drink like you said probably laziness ! Xxx

She's soo gorgeous Sammie. How are you getting on? Would be lovely to hear from you xxx

Hi girls
Sorry I've been quiet .. I don't have the internet at home yet even though we have lived here since February!! Cue immense hatred and frustration for BT) so I can only get on when my wifi on my phone is working .

Ruby is doing great she's such a good baby I'm so proud of her .

We are on formula now as breastfeeding was exhausting me and I didn't feel she was taking enough she was so unsettled at night I was falling asleep with her on me as she would wake every hour . Since being on formula she is much more settled and is in a good routine - she goes to bed with a bottle between 10 and 11 wakes between 2 and 3am and then around 6 she wants to be up .

We had Ruby's 6 week check yesterday which all went well .. My little pudding weighs 10lbs and 2oz now :)

As for my weight I'm doing ok .. Think I'm a couple of lbs lighter since I last checked in on here .. I have around 9lbs to go til I'm at my target that I have set myself although I am focussing more on my body fat percentage than weight as I have been exercising a lot . My uncle has just opened his own gym and he has been letting me take ruby with me while I work out in the day time just while he is getting everything ready before the opening. I have been doing one session with a pt , 2 home sessions while ruby is sleeping and one group class per week - hopefully the hard work will start to pay off soon!

Today we have the health visitor .. Dreading telling her we've moved onto formula she is VERY pro breast feeding but I have made a promise to myself that I will not be made to feel guilty!

Looks like it's going to be a nice day today so hopefully be able to get out with the pushchair :) we have a family BBQ on Sunday so hoping the weather stays nice as I have brought a new dress !

Hope you girls are all well :)

Here's my princess ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1402034852.012925.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1402034875.121458.jpg

She loves her dummy ! X

Awww Sammie she is just lovely, I seem to be getting broody for a girl!! That's no good I'm bound to get another boy lol!!
Well done on the weight loss and exercise does ruby just sleep whilst you are working out?
I have a big cross trainer punch bags weights and stuff in my conservatory but was waiting for 8 weeks post op to start but now having gall bladder out so will have to wait again :(
Be string with the HV when I told mine she wasn't as bad as I expected.
Good weight gain for lil ruby mwah xxx

She's absolutely beautiful and always looks so cute in her little outfits!!
Well done on the weight loss and working out, you're doing so well x

Back