Sammi's slimming summer

Sammi77

Hi everyone! I wanted to post a picture but can't figure it out on the iPad (any tips?).

Anyway, here's a bit about me: I started at 13st back in November after gaining weight partly due to a thyroid problem. I lost a stone just by calorie counting and exercise (I was working in a shop at the time, on my feet all day) but then I got a job in an office and with all the biscuits and sitting down it started creeping back up! Now my thyroid levels are sorted (I had a thyroidectomy back in August) I really want to get pregnant so I'm thinking as healthy as possible and try and shift a bit more weight.

Started Slimming World at home two weeks ago and I'm loving it. The recipes are fab and being allowed to eat whatever you want is great! Week one I lost 6lbs! But then last week I gained 1/4lb :-( Hoping it was just a week two blip because I'd lost so much the first week and I'd saved up my syns for the weekend (hen do and a meal out for a birthday both in one weekend!).

Today:

Breakfast -
Apple
Fat free yoghurt
Cinnamon

Lunch -
Super speedy veg and bean soup
Wholemeal roll (HE2)
Laughing Cow Light triangle (HE1)
Salad

Dinner -
Slimming World chips
Steak
Peas
Mushrooms

Snacks -
Grapes
4 Chocolate fingers (6)
3 Rich tea fingers (3)

I'll probably have a Mullerlight in a bit but I also need to have something to make up the rest of my HE1.

Another day, another time consuming breakfast! Anyone have any quick ideas that don't involve using my HE2? (I prefer to have that at lunch as it keeps me going!).

So today's plan is:

B - mullerlight and melon
L - speedy soup and cheese roll (HE1 and 2)
D - oriental salmon, veg and new potatoes (2 syns for honey on salmon glaze)

Syns - will most likely treat myself to a fun size choc for that afternoon slump. Though if I hear about my job interview that might change to a glass of fizz tonight!

Must try and drink more water today.

Well yesterday went as planned, apart from froyo and a small amount of pick and mix at the cinema. Not the end of the world. Now... what to have for breakfast.

Been making stuff for a picnic tomorrow trying not to sample it all!

Today's diary:

B - 4 ryvita and 2 laughing cow triangles (HE1 and 2)
Grapes

L - speedy soup, babybel cheese (HE1)

D - beef chilli and rice

Snacks - mullerlight, melon, 1 slimming world cupcake (4 syns). Pink wafer (2 syns)

Firstly huge well done on your losses so far, 6lb is incredible!! Your diaries look really well balanced!

Know what you mean about breakfast, I struggle not to have my healthy extra because well...it's hard to avoid! Fruit and yoghurt is about it, unless you go for the full bacon and beans! Not very quick and easy though. Keep it up :) good luck!

Picnic prepared for today... allegedly it's going to be 21 degrees and sunny!:

All SW recipes or SW friendly recipes:

Lemon and herb pasta
Vegetable quiche
Sticky chicken
Carrot, cucumber and pepper sticks
Cherry tomatoes

Fresh fruit jelly
Mini chocolate muffins (these don't taste so good, will try again with more sweetener and less mixed spice)

Plus ham rolls and crisps for the kids as they're fussy. Hopefully I can get them to try some SW food!

Sorry to be AWOL for the weekend. Oh and yesterday, had a migraine. :-(

Anyway, 11st 8lb on Sunday, hurrah! Another 4lb off so determined to keep it up now the sun is shining:

B - toffee Mullerlight with strawbs and blueberries
L - mug shot, 2 ryvita and laughing cow light (HEA and B). Strawbs and blueberries
D - jerk chicken, quinoa and vegetables
Snacks - mini choc bar (5), rich tea fingers (2)

Your weight losses are awesome, well done!

Hey, sorry for being AWOL. I've been poorly for two weeks so not been doing so well. Feeling a bit better today so hopefully can be 100% today! Plan is:

B - wholemeal roll and laughing cow (HE A and B)
L - mugshot and salad
D - chilli con carne and rice
Snacks - strawberries, apple, mini choc bar (5) and mullerlight.

What do you think?

Sx

Hi Sammi, just popping in to subscribe. Your losses are fab and todays plan looks good too. Keep it up x

Thanks! Much better now thank you. Good day today though sister came for dinner so couple of glasses of wine! Oops.

Bit of a lapse due to my birthday, fell off the wagon slightly so... Actually joined the club last night.

It was great, the girls were all lovely and I loved how the consultant talked to everyone about their weight losses or gains and what had happened in the week. It was very supportive.

So I have to be 100% now as I've got to write it all down! Have some evenings out including alcohol to contend with though. Must stick to my syns and only have vodka and diet coke!

Back