Sammy - Struggling with points

chunkylass

Hi Everyone,

I used this site when trying to diet ages ago and gave up, hope u dont mind me coming back!

I was wandering around Tesco this evening, saw the scales and having not weighed myself in nearly a year curiousity got the better of me! Shoes off, stepped up...... 27st 1lb! :eek::cry:

I am only 22, been married 6 months and we were hoping to try for a baby this year but realises now more than ever that I would be mad to at this weight as I suffer with a bad back anyway and dont want to put unnecessary strain on my body. I can wait a couple of years for a baby. To bring a baby in to this world I need to be healthy myself I suppose.

Feeling really down now...didnt realise I'd got that big!

Any help tips or advice would be very appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Sammy x

Well youve done the hard bit, had that first horrible weigh in. Its the last time youll see that on the scales from now on its onward and downward :)

Hi Sammy

Welcome :)

Sorry you're feeling down ... but weight your weight is just a number ... you're no different today than you were yesterday .... actually, that's wrong, today you've decided to do something about it - and you've come to the right place - this site is a life saver - literally :)

Congrats on the wedding ... I've been married 5 years now, time flies when you're having fun :)

Tips and advice .. well for me I'd choose a day to start (quite a few people are starting Monday) and go for it. Search this site for menu ideas, recipes and do a big Supermarket shop for all the things you're going to need for the first week. Post your meal plans on here every day, it really helps to keep on track and people can also give help and advice on your menus. Try and work a little bit of exercise in to your day - even if it's just walking up and down the stairs a couple of times more than normal :)

Not that I'm any expert - I'm 18 stone something (haven't weighed officially for a few weeks now) but had lost 2.5 stone before Xmas .... took about a year but I'm all for the scenic route - I want to enjoy my life while I'm dieting - I'm too old (40 next year - OMG just relalised it's next year!!) to puy my life on hold :)

Okay - enough rabbiting on, I hope some of this has been helpful!!

Twigs
xx

Posted 10 mins ago and 2 replies already... I was hopping for support and think I have come to he right place. When I stepped off the scales I did a big shop Galaxy out...pitta bread in!! Have downloaded an application on to my Ipod which figures the points out for me.

Have dinner plans arranged tomorrow so gonna make the most of it and start 1st thing Monday.

Thanks Twiggy and Starlight!

Damn my Blackberry - the quicker i can come off this blasted contract and get myself a shiny Iphone the better. I've got a ipod touch but it's not the same *sulking now*

Well done on the shop ... and I'll be joining you on Monday :)

xx

I have a blackberry too, got the app on my ipod touch. Its always in my handbag (usually!) x

Starlight have u got the UK Points one?! Green Apple as the app picture. x

Its called "UK Points"

Thanks KDMA x

Last day of non dieting starting started with taost with lashings of peanut butter....god gonna miss that lol! x

Oooh thanks for that, I assumed it was horrendous. Just figured out I am allowed 36 points a day....seems like loads!! So can still have some peanut butter every now and then :) x

Hey, good morning and welcome.

Congratulations on making the 1st move, you'll become addicted to this site.....which can stop you from snacking too!!! lol

The help and advice is amazing here, mostly because everyone's going thru the same thing, albeit everyone's at different stages.

So good luck on your journey..x

Oooh thanks for that, I assumed it was horrendous. Just figured out I am allowed 36 points a day....seems like loads!! So can still have some peanut butter every now and then :) x

Thats the great thing with ww,you can have a bit of what you fancy !!

Hi All,

Just made pack up for work tomorrow, can someone just check I have it right please before I blow all my points lol.

I have a little pot with shredded iceburg lettuce, chopped toms and chopped cucumber and chopped raw onion.....I may have totally misread what I was reading earlier but is this 0 points? I have added 2 spoons of salad cream on top for 1pt.

Light Babybel (sp?) 1pt

Tube of sugar free polos 1pt

a pack of french fries crisps 1pt

and 2 mandarins or an apple havent decided yet!....have no idea about those!!

Does this seem right? Also if anyone knows mandarin/apple points would really appreciate it!

Hope everyone has a good day!x

Hello and welcome..:)
Good luck with your weightloss journey...

Apple =½point
Satsumas/Clementines = 2 for ½point

Thanks for that Fuzzy x

Back