Sammy's Journey - this time I WILL do it!

I think its important to be aware of why and how we got to be over weight, for years I have said "but I don't eat that badly" because I rarely snack inbetween meals and I do exercise daily, albeit a couple of dog walks a day but still, I'm not just sat on my bum all the time but the truth is, I do eat almost twice as much as I should on a regular basis and that is why I am so overweight and if I go back to eating that way, I will end up in this position yet again.

If truth be told I need to educate myself on food and eating, I have never had a healthy relationship with food, so I will need to be a calorie counting bore for a long time, I will need to weigh out my portions, I will need to make changes to the type of food I eat as well as the quantity.

I need to change my mindset now, not when I'm at goal

Interesting comments. We all seem to be thinking along the same lines for when we get to goal and avoiding getting to this stage again. I've never counted calories either but perhaps I need to. I used to eat those meal deals all the time and the veggie options are always high in calories. I'm thinking of downloading a calorie app for when I get to goal and see if I can use that and low carb.

You could me! I started Exante today - time to lose the weight and get my bad habits kicked to touch. Sick of the yo yoing!
Wishing you so much success with this. Next year we should be mainters!

I have counted calories on and off my whole adult life. My OH says I know the calorific value of everything. But what I don't know is what food is better to eat or not eat in terms of filling me up and stop me eating more calories than I should. I would quite happily eat through my calories for a day and get to the evening and be hungry so keep going and think I will do better the next day. While I am on this diet I am busy reading up about others so I can make better choices post exante

Thanks Ladies.

I just had the almond and cherry bar... ohmygod.... it was like eating a chunk of marzipan... urgh, I can still taste it now half an hour later! Found a bar I don't like, but then I hate marzipan so that's probably why.

I'm similar Sadie, the food I normally lean to means I have to have a tiny portion so I am starving or just having the wrong type of food. So many different views and ideas on what people should eat.

Has anyone else read the thing about double cooking pasta turns the carbs into fibre or something along those lines? Apparently research has been done on how to make pasta better for you... not sure if I should believe it or not haha.

Now I don't really like marzipan but the cherry and almond bar was ok for me, The one bar I really don't like is the peanut butter one.

I've never heard of double cooking pasta :confused:

That's really interesting. I love pasta and would love to still be able to have it on a low carb diet after exante.

They certainly seem confident that this method makes pasta better for you... It's not too much effort to be worth a try! :)

Sounds like its true doesnt it, not sure i would like re heated pasta though... guess its worth a try!

Today hasnt been too bad, had plenty of water, strawberry shake for breakfast, chocolate bar for lunch and then honeycomb shake for dinner.... err... not too keen on it, feels like Im not going to like many of the newer flavours of shakes, think Im going to reorder just vanilla, strawberry, banana and chocolate and then get some bars.

Weigh day tomorrow, fingers crossed the scales are kind, as I said in a previous post, I would love 5lbs but I know that is being a bit over ambitious, but we will see what tomorrow brings

I am really craving something savory again but I dont really like any of the savory meals I have tried so wary of ordering anymore

Just tried on some of the clothes i struggled to get into, I had a few size 18 tops that I couldnt get into, but they fit me now, could do with being a bit looser to look better but they fit and I am also back into my size 18 skinny jeans (without a muffin top)

And I have put my eternity ring back on, where it came down quite far on my finger, what with my wedding band and engagement ring, it made my finger look really fat around the knuckle when i straightened my hand so I started to wear it on my other hand for a bit but its back on the right hand now.

It's amazing what losing just over half a stone can do to your body isn't it.

I'll tell you one thing though, once I get back into the 14's I never ever ever want to see the number 15 on the scales again, I have to make sure that never happens.

Good luck for weigh in! :)

Scales said 15.1 1/2 meaning 3lbs off today, meaning I have lost 12lbs in 2 weeks, not the 5lbs I wanted but still really happy with the loss, should be in the 14's for next weigh in!

Well done! :D

Ahhhh just had a slip up, a friend turned up at my door with pizza, wine and crispy creams because she knows my husbands working away, I tried saying I was being good but she had gone to the effort of ordering pizza, collecting it and buying wine etc, I felt like I couldnt not have any, I had two slices and she kept on until I had another 2 slices and I said I would have 1 small glass but she kept topping my glass up, then refused to listen to my "i'll have my donut later" kept on until I took one, gotta admit it tasted amazing lol but I am feeling so guilty now, I didnt know what else to say to her after she had gone to so much effort?

I don't even want to work out how many calories that is.... epic fail....

Back