Sammy's Journey - this time I WILL do it!

Another day done :) Just sat and read through all my previous posts and it made me feel a bit sad to be honest, all my downfalls were linked to men being horrible to me! lol I would go out with a lad a few times and then he would vanish or be mean and I presumed it was due to my weight, it was probably linked more to the fact that I used to drink like a sailor lol.

It made me realise how lucky I am to have my husband who has never asked me to lose weight or treated me any differently even though I am 4 stone heavier then when he first met me!

One thing from a previous post that I do want to re-share though - 'We can all say "tomorrow I will be good" "tomorrow I will restart" but tomorrow can be a day, a week, a month, a year... tomorrow can just keep getting pushed back and back until it never comes and until you have wasted your life waiting for tomorrow to make a change.'

I am done waiting for tomorrow!

Anyway! I've had another day at 100%, could of probably had another pint of water but have had 5 pints so not too bad.

'I will start/restart tomorrow' is my excuse to dive in and carb binge and then the next day I would use the same excuse and as you say, before we know it tomorrow never comes and we have a few stone to lose rather than a few pounds.

Well done on your whopping first week loss, keep up the great work. :)

Lizzy X

Well done on you loss :)

I agree, tomorrow is never going to come, change has to start today.

Just wrote out a big reply and the page timed out and lost it, meh!

I think I am in ketosis now as I am not hungry at all and I feel quite cold, so I'm snuggled up on the sofa with a blanket and the dog while watching beauty and the beast lol

Today is going ok, Ive had a double chocolate bar and a hazelnut shake so far today, I didn't like the shake very much, think I might have to stop ordering the shakes in bulk as I although cheaper I don't really like many of them.

I am hoping for 5lbs this week so I will have lost a stone in 2 weeks, obviously more would be amazing but 5lb would be fantastic.

Hope everyone else is having a good day

Brilliant first week loss! :)

I'm drinking my way through some shakes I don't really like. Will be more selective on the next order and just get the ones I really like.

Thanks everyone :)

Some of the shakes are just vile aren't they lol I love all the bars so far though, I could happily eat them all day.

At the moment I am having half a bar at 10am and then the other half at about 12, then I can usually go until 3 or sometimes 4 before I have a shake, then have something else (usually a bar but need to try and have 2 shakes rather then 2 bars) at about 6 - 7 and then the second half at about 9ish, so far that's been working and I haven't been feeling hungry at all.

I have started to read about low carb diets as an option to help me maintain, I am going to try and keep to well under 100 carbs a day and only allow myself to have bread, pasta, rice or potatoes once a week so want to try and get some ideas of meals I can easily do, so just tweaks for normal meals, I just cant end up back here again with the same weight to lose, its no good just saying I will keep weighing myself and come back to exante if I gain because I know I won't!

Another one I have thought about trying was the 5:2 diet, while still trying to keep low carb, I don't know! It's a mine field!

I've heard lots of good things about cauliflower as a substitute for potatoes and rice as well as courgette and carrots to replace pasta :)

I was really craving something savoury tonight and I only have shakes or bars so I had a low carb meal, it was actually less carbs then if I had a pack so I'm not going to have done any damage but its enough to stop me from falling off of the wagon big style

I'm thinking of doing 5:2 as well, I can do fasting. What I also need to do is find some tasty alternatives to carbs, cos they get me everytime. Carbs make my eating patterns chaotic and desperate, non-healthy and incompatible with good eating and maintaining.

Carbs just taste so good though don't they! Its very hard to cut them out of your diet as they are a big part of the majority of meals and most the veg I like are the ones higher in carbs too! Looks like I am going to have to live off of mushrooms lol

Lol they are delicious!!

I am thinking of doing a low carb diet when I finally come off the diet and, if I put a few pounds on to do the 5:2 diet until the extra pounds are gone. Although after yesterday I can say cauliflower rice is pretty good - but then I don't really like the real stuff.....it is potatoes that are my downfall :D

Yeah I have had cauliflower rice before, its ok if you have enough sauce on so it hides the taste but still.... its cauliflower isn't it... lol

I think trying to do the 5:2 as standard would really help me to just stay at goal as no doubt I would end up eating or drinking too much at weekends, so by have two really low calorie days would balance me out for the week, say if I had my low calorie days on a Monday and then again on a Thursday and tried to be good the days inbetween too, that would give me that bit of room to have dinner out or a few drinks over the weekend, I know I wont be able to be one of those people who is good all the time, so I need to find a way of meeting a compromise and view my calories in a weekly basis rather then just think in the past if I have a bad day, I just think "ahh that's it ruined this week, might aswell eat whatever I want for the rest of the week" when what I should be thinking is "Ive gone over calories today or this weekend, I need to be extra good for the rest of the week" so hopefully knowing I have three days to eat how I want, because I've had two days on really reduced calories and two days on restricted calories should make it easier to say no to things on my good days.

For me to maintain 10 stone I would need around 1500 net calories, the calculator thing says I would burn 135 calories taking the dog for a walk for half an hour and sometimes I do that twice a day if my husband isn't around to do one of the walk and often it is more like two 45min walks, just depends how early I get out of bed on work days, so I could have 10,500 calories a week, if I did two day at 500 - 600 a day, then two days at 1200, that would mean I could have 2300 for three days, but for me I need to make it a habit, so if I don't stick to my calories on those days its a one off rather then something which happens a lot.

1500 calories isn't very much is it.... no wonder I'm a fat cow, I have never lived on a average of 1500 calories, guess it's about time that changed!

I wanted to try and put it more into perspective so I have just sat and worked out what I could easily eat in a day without snacking loads, just meals!

So big bowl of frosties with milk (no one just has what they class as a serving on the box)
A Tesco meal deal lunch - sandwich, crisps and a chocolate bar
Dinner of spag bol with garlic bread and cheese
Then on a weekend I could easily have 8 small glasses of wine

I wouldn't eat like that every day but I could very easily eat like that, esp at weekends! Its around 3000 calories! Double what I should be eating! In the week I would do that frequently but just without the wine, so still over 2000 calories!

Then if we were having a 'treat' weekend, I would easily eat a large dominos pizza to myself with a smiliar lunch, breakfast and the wine, would push my calories to just under 5000 calories, don't get me wrong, I was always aware that eating like that wasn't good for me, but I don't think I ever really realised exactly how bad it was for me, that's nearly half my weekly calories in 1 day... that's horrific....

I really need to learn to be accountable for the bad days and actually log them on myfitnesspal honestly and realise what that means for the rest of the week, ie reduced calories each day, extra exercise and so on, not just ignore it and carry on like that for the rest of the week.

I always used to wonder how on earth I would gain the weight back so quickly, well I guess now I know!

I think it's probably the meal deal in the middle of the day that is doing most of the damage. The last time I grabbed one of those for lunch I checked out the calories in the sandwich and it was around 700 for what I chose, some of them had more. Add in the crisps and chocolate and your pushing around 1000 calories right there.

My future plans involve making my own lunch and taking it in to work.

The spag bol was over 1000 calories too, obviously I wouldn't have that every day but it just made me think how easy it is to go wildly over calories without stuffing my face with cake or chocolate inbetween meals.

It's mad how many calories are in the pre packed meal deals, its really hard to find a healthy lunch you can have on the go, even the salads are crazy calories with the dressings they use on them.

Usually I would take a tin of vegetable soup or something with me and just have that but if I ran out of stuff to take from home, instead of popping to the supermarket for more soup, I would run in and grab a meal deal, its stuff like that I need to stop as well as totally changing my evening meals.

The main issue I have is a very picky eating husband, he doesn't like most veg, he wont eat salad, he has a very active job and does a lot of sport etc so he can get away with having a 1000 - 1500 calorie dinner, mcfatty over here can't! So I need to try and find a happy medium.

That is an interesting post. I've never really thought about counting calories when I'm not "dieting" so I would imagine my daily intake could certainly be over double my RDA. Might give it a try myself as a shock factor for the future!!

Back