Sammy's Journey - this time I WILL do it!

Yeh it is scary, but this time you will just be healthy :D

I dotn know if I have ever been a healthy weight, apart from being under 12 yrs old, I have always been a little on the podge side

xx

Another day of 100% yesterday and 100% so far today.

8 days done - 92 to go

I know Im wishing my life away but I cant wait to be in the healthy bracket! People keep saying Im look slim... but honestly... how can I look slim when I am still 2 stone away from a healthy weight!

Well done on the 8 days, wish I could say that at the minute ha ha

I think people get so used to seeing you how you was, that to them, you looking slimmer is like 'your too thin' when really, although you look loads healthier your not quite there, I dont mean just you I mean for all who are losing

Keep it up, your so close now

xx

Now on 10 days of 100% down - 90 to go!

Lost track of days haha... I think Im on day 12 now... started Monday 7th... so yeah day 12 of 100% done - 88 to go!

Yeah we are very similar in stats, just need to keep on track and we will be there in no time!

Time for a proper reply now, its hard when Im working during the week, I just quickly come on and post at work or just before I go to bed.

I would be lying it I said Im finding it easy... Im not but I just realised I can keep making excuses for myself or I can just get on with it. We can all blame hundreds of things for why we got overweight but truthfully (unless medical) there is only one person to blame and thats us, I put the food in my mouth, be it comfort eating, greedy whatever... it was me who made the choice to eat it and now I can either keep making excuses, keep cheating and just perlong this... or I can get my head back in the game and focus on why Im doing this and what the end goal is.

Everytime I see the scales go down, it makes me feel a hell of a lot better then eating the bad food Ive refused would have. If I cheat, I feel guilty, get angry with myself, regret eating it... whats the enjoyment in that? If I turn it down and see the scales dropping, I feel proud of myself, feel a tiny bit more happy in my own skin and most importantly... it rebuilds my confidence, makes it easier to walk down the street with my head held high... I will now happily walk through a group of lads, before if I saw a group of lads, I would do my best to avoid walking through the middle of them or near them, with the hope they wouldnt comment on the fat girl, stupid huh? But thats how low my confidence was.

We can all say "tomorrow I will be good" "tomorrow I will restart" but tomorrow can be a day, a week, a month, a year... tomorrow can just keep getting pushed back and back until it never comes and until you have wasted your life waiting for tomorrow to make a change.

You just have to look through this forum to see what amazing weight loses people make, people who probably thought they would always be overweight, we can all do this, we just need to want it enough and face up to the reality of it and stop making excuses, Im the worse for this but thats gotta change, no more excuses!

Last edited:
thanks sammy thats just what i need.

Time for a proper reply now, its hard when Im working during the week, I just quickly come on and post at work or just before I go to bed.

I would be lying it I said Im finding it easy... Im not but I just realised I can keep making excuses for myself or I can just get on with it. We can all blame hundreds of things for why we got overweight but truthfully (unless medical) there is only one person to blame and thats us, I put the food in my mouth, be it comfort eating, greedy whatever... it was me who made the choice to eat it and now I can either keep making excuses, keep cheating and just perlong this... or I can get my head back in the game and focus on why Im doing this and what the end goal is.

Everytime I see the scales go down, it makes me feel a hell of a lot better then eating the bad food Ive refused would have. If I cheat, I feel guilty, get angry with myself, regret eating it... whats the enjoyment in that? If I turn it down and see the scales dropping, I feel proud of myself, feel a tiny bit more happy in my own skin and most importantly... it rebuilds my confidence, makes it easier to walk down the street with my head held high... I will now happily walk through a group of lads, before if I saw a group of lads, I would do my best to avoid walking through the middle of them or near them, with the hope they wouldnt comment on the fat girl, stupid huh? But thats how low my confidence was.

We can all say "tomorrow I will be good" "tomorrow I will restart" but tomorrow can be a day, a week, a month, a year... tomorrow can just keep getting pushed back and back until it never comes and until you have wasted your life waiting for tomorrow to make a change.

You just have to look through this forum to see what amazing weight loses people make, people who probably thought they would always be overweight, we can all do this, we just need to want it enough and face up to the reality of it and stop making excuses, Im the worse for this but thats gotta change, no more excuses!

Sooooo true, this is exactly what Im thinking at the moment, Im also going to steal this (hope you dont mind) but Its so where I am now too

xxx

Thanks ladies :) Glad you found my post helpful for you too.

Well today i weighed in and another 4lbs down so I am now 12 stone and half a pound, the 11's are so close now!!

Well done Sammy! They are so near you can almost taste them in your next shake! Remember that! :D

Are you a forces wife to hun? I am for my sins, we are posted in Germany at the mo xx

I was for 8 years summer rain but then things went a bit wrong, he suffered really bad PTSD which caused us to break up but still trying to fix things, which base in Germany? I might be coming over next month for a Mess Ball, wouldnt it be funny if it were the same base, we can meet up for a shake! haha

Well done on the loss today Sammy E xx

14 days of 100% done - 86 days to go.

Why am I still feeling so ruddy hungry though!?! Its not too bad, it does pass but im sat here with a glass of water and my stomach rumbling.

Ah well it will pass and I wont ever get into the 11's if I give up now, Im going to struggle to not scale hop this week though knowing the 11's are so close...

keep fighting through it, beleive me, food is not the answer :D

I havent given in!

Tomorrow is going to be a hard one... the MD of my company is down to hold a working lunch... i HATE working lunches, not just because of the food but I like to get out the office for an hour, I really dont want to cheat but I know they have bought food per head and Im going to look well ignorant if I refuse to eat anything, I work for RBS so a huge company and he is VERY high up....

Goodluck for tomorrow then eeek xxx

Sadly I didnt manage 100% but Im still proud of myself.

I had my morning shake, got to work and had the "working lunch" couldnt really not eat as it had been ordered per person, but instead of having a full meal, I had one bit of chicken, 1 little triangle of a sandwich, a couple of crisps and some salad... normally I would of had a full sandwich and all the extras haha, ate enough for it to not be noticed that I was refusing all food but not enough to totally mess things up and then in the past when Ive cheated during the day, Ive come home and thought "Ahh well ive messed up today so might as well keep eating and have dinner" then that attitude would carry on for the whole week but tonight I came home and made a second shake so Im back on track already.

I also went shopping to get some new work trousers as my size 16's are falling off me, took a 14 and a 12 into the changing room, the 14s fit perfectly and SHOCKINGLY I could get the 12s done up... if I breathed in and ignored the sexy over hang haha so I bought them both, never did I think I would get a size 12 done up, I wont be able to wear them yet but it felt good just being able to buy them and know that I'll be wearing them within a couple of months.

Back