Sammy's road to slimdom!!

It's raining its pouring, the old man is snoring!

I've had a busy hectic today - as well as getting drowned out in the rain! I've actually had two bars today. Not sure if that's going to be a problem but I've been such a busy bee that the bars were easy to grab and go.

I've got a sore throat today. Hope it'll pass and I'm not coming down with anything.

Managed another pair of pre preggy jeans today - kind of! I could just get the button done up but couldn't do the zip up. Hopefully another couple of weeks and they'll be zipping up like a dream!

My pregnancy hormones must have passed now as my hair is falling out :(
It's horrible. I was really enjoying my thick locks, but I knew this day would come. Booo.

Hope everyone's (rainy) Tuesday went well.

Xx

Woo Hoo!! That's fab! It's a good feeling isn't it!! Especially with this colder weather!

At the end of September I'm going through my entire wardrobe and trying on every single item. Anything that is too big is going. I'll do the same thing at the end of October too.

Nearly time for my final shake. I'll raise it in a toast to pre pregnancy jeans! Yeah! Xx

I'm going to be doing the same, a week after I return off holiday I'm ditching the big fatty clothes.
I have promised myself one the weight has gone it won't go back on. If my clothes are getting tight time for another dose of sns x

Hi Sammy,

Its always raining here in Glasgow :(.

Go you getting into your jeans. Jeans are a good few stones away for me yet. One day....

My day 2s went well. So far enjoying the packs more than I ever did on cambridge so thanks for giving me the courage to switch :) x

I'm really enjoying them too. It's weird - I remember on Cambridge really thinking about my next pack and almost panicking about when I could have it, whereas on s+s I totally relax and am finding it easier.
My mentality still hasn't changed. If I'm bored I want to eat - obviously I won't, but the thoughts are still in my head. And just now I went to get some water, opened the fridge and ate a stick of celery. Granted that that's absolutely fine as its mere celery, but my snacking instincts are still there and they are what I need to change!

Think the wardrobe clear out is a brilliant idea. I have sooooo many clothes that need to go. When we move into our new bedroom I am only bringing clothes in that fit or are smaller sizes that I eventually want to wear -i.e: my size 10 next jeans!! One day!

I went to Glasgow earlier this year - shopping is great - although how many h+m stores does one city need?! :) lol.

Xx

I'm really enjoying them too. It's weird - I remember on Cambridge really thinking about my next pack and almost panicking about when I could have it, whereas on s+s I totally relax and am finding it easier.
My mentality still hasn't changed. If I'm bored I want to eat - obviously I won't, but the thoughts are still in my head. And just now I went to get some water, opened the fridge and ate a stick of celery. Granted that that's absolutely fine as its mere celery, but my snacking instincts are still there and they are what I need to change!

Think the wardrobe clear out is a brilliant idea. I have sooooo many clothes that need to go. When we move into our new bedroom I am only bringing clothes in that fit or are smaller sizes that I eventually want to wear -i.e: my size 10 next jeans!! One day!

I went to Glasgow earlier this year - shopping is great - although how many h+m stores does one city need?! :) lol.

Xx

The "eating" four times a day is such a small thing but making such a difference psychologically for me. I'm a night time eater so knew if I didn't have something around 9 I'd crack. Which left me all day to space out 2 products. Was sooo hard. I'm not in ketosis yet and not really struggled as yet. And also no headaches. Long may it continue.

I've made a rule not to eat standing up. Every time I open the fridge/cupboard I'm tempted just to have a "wee" bite. Tho if I've to carry a small cube of cheese/few grapes/couple of olives or whatever through to sit down I'd feel silly. So so far it seems to be working. That and I want in ketosis as soon as.

Aaaah clothes. You'd think 6 ladies lived with me as I have clothes ranging from a 12 to a 20. Hopefully do a clear out too as I go down sizes.

Yeah h+m lol. Your not joking. Think there's one on every corner. I can't wait to buy something from somewhere like top shop that only go up to a 16. And a small 16 at that.

Bring on day 3 x

Ha ha! I honestly thought my eyes were deceiving me when I saw all the h+ms! Ha ha!

Yes bring on day 3-it'll whizz by! I can hardly believe I'm halfway through week 3 already! It seems like only yesterday that I got my box of goodies and was sifting through all the flavours!!

Xx

They're yummy aren't they! I'm impressed with all the shakes and bars. Haven't worked my way through all the soups or meals yet. I won't have the cheesy pasta as I hate cheese. So that's one struck off!
Need to order some more very very soon. Cottage pie is not good for breakfast!

Xx

I've not tried any of the meal packs yet. I love cheese so I'm hopeful for the cheesy pasta. Going to try it tomorrow. I'm so impressed with bars. I was disappointed when I seen the size of them (compared to cambridge) but they taste soooo much better so that more than made up for it. Who knew we could get so excited about meal replacements haha x

I know it's crazy!! I only liked the mint chocolate bars from Cambridge but with s+s I like them all.

I think I'm just excited because I'm pleased its not a struggle and I don't have to psyche myself up to have a pack each time.

Time for bed for me.

Night all!
Day 18 for me tomorrow!!

Xx

Today I faced a new a new challenge - the hill of doom! Was a massively steep hill to visit my sister in law who lives at the top! I could have driven but decided it would be good exercise. Especially pushing a pram up it!! I stopped halfway - such a bad idea! For future reference, when faced with the hill of doom - never stop to contemplate!
So now I'm feeling like I can take on anything!!!

Day 18. All going well so far.
I have friends coming to visit on Saturday and it'll be hard to convince I'm being strict at lunch. But hopefully it'll go smoothly and if I have to confess then so be it I guess. I just feel embarrassed after losing so much on Cambridge and then piling it all back on again and going oh I'm doing a vlcd again. I can understand people's scepticism because of that I guess. But don't really wanna see that look in their eyes, so am preferring it bring my little secret.
Anyway it works for me and that's the main thing!

Hope everyone's Wednesdays going well. Boring tv night tonight :(

Xx

Well done on the hill Sammy :)

I know what you mean about the tv. I'm having to endure football :(.

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying slim and save more, given the cost difference between that and cambridge. Nearly half the price if buying in bulk. Tried the lemon bar tonight expecting it to be yukky and it was surprisingly nice. Kinda cakey.

I know what you mean about not telling anyone. Only my nearest and dearest know cause they know how fed up I am with my weight. I usually take my meal to work and everyone thinks I'm just cutting out the carbs. Funny how they accept that yet meal replacements are so frowned upon.

Day 18. You must be so pleased with yourself. Hope some if your upbeatness and motivation rubs off on me x

Well done - I would of drove.

Don't feel embarrassed you've had a baby since Cambridge but I do understand. I've told people in bring really strict foid wise and going to the gym 5 times a week- not sure they will believe that soon when I'm working full time and look after 2 kid's. x x

It's tough when other people don't understand.

I can't believe I'm whizzing through week 3!

Well done everyone so far! We're getting there! Xx

Hi, I feel the same. Only a few people know that im on this diet. Some people I've told it's a strict diet but not vlcd.

People who don't have weight problems really don't understand how hard it is to lose weight.
X

Yes very true!!

I'm having a hungry day today! Am filling up on water and tea but my tummy has made two very embarrassingly loud rumbles!! I've only just had a soup and yet it's still gurgling for more!
Am not living the soups I have to say - I have 4 more to suffer through. I hate it when you don't enjoy a meal as it's very limited what we get each day and I feel cheated if it ends up being something I don't like!!

On a plus note I have ordered my next batch which will come tomorrow! Will be lovely to have more choice. I've ordered some of that oatmeal to make these famous biscuits I keep reading about!
And the rest is all bars and shakes as I absolutely love them and find them really easy to stick to.

Day 19 then = hungry but happy! - my pre-pregnancy jeans are falling down now! :)

*happy dance* - even though the happy dance makes my jeans fall down and shows off my big knickers!! Xx

Let's hope your knickers aren't so big that they fall down too!

lol! Not yet!! Will have to work on a new dance for that day!! ;)

Back