Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Sammy I'm the same. I keep thinking about all the things I want and can't have. The fact we have no choice just now makes it easier. My worry is that I get into a bad cycle of eating unhealthily - gaining weight - packs - eating unhealthily and so on. I'm obsessed with food Think the packs are so tempting cause we know how quickly we drop the weight on them. Maintaining is defo going to be harder than dieting.
Enjoy your bath :)

I know exactly what you mean...how does the cycle ever stop eh? Someone suggested reading a book called the Beck Diet which apparently helps you rethink food using CBT techniques etc...its not a diet book at all....I bought it from Amazon ages ago but never read it...I'm going to pick it up and have a read through methinks....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...=beck+diet+solution&sprefix=Beck+diet,aps,274

I treat people using cbt every day and can't apply it to myself. Aaaaargh. Read the beck book as used a lot of literature from the authors father when doing my training. Was ok if you can apply it to yourself. It's a bit teachy/preachy but has some good principals.
I've even tried hypnotherapy and didn't feel a blind bit different x

Ah yes....hypno...did that this time last year and it worked for as long as you keep up with it....didn't think about cake for months....might take that up again....the sessions are just a bit pricey is all....

Ah yes....hypno...did that this time last year and it worked for as long as you keep up with it....didn't think about cake for months....might take that up again....the sessions are just a bit pricey is all....

Interesting topic

Iv thought about it many times x

Interesting topic Iv thought about it many times x

Have you tried the Paul McKenna stuff? That kinda stuff doesn't work for me but it worked really well for one of my friends... Something to so with associating the bad good you like with something you hate so when you think of cake for example you also think of vomit... Or something like that!

Have you tried the Paul McKenna stuff? That kinda stuff doesn't work for me but it worked really well for one of my friends... Something to so with associating the bad good you like with something you hate so when you think of cake for example you also think of vomit... Or something like that!

How bizarre !!

Iv never tried anything like that but iv fancied it

I thought about the hyno gastric band or hypnotherapy in general but it is pricey as you said before . I mean it could work I'm just not sure it would on me lol

Ooo that could be worth a try.
I don't eat naughty things because I'm hungry i just eat it because it's there, I want it, I'm bored, I'm comforting, it's cold outside so I'll have tea and cake, it's warm outside so I'll have ice cream, it's birthdays, baby showers, Christmas, etc etc etc. sound familiar?! And it's constant. There is always something.
I really do need to work on my mind. Might take a look at that beck book or hypno thing.
I bought a book and cd called adore yourself slim but it was just before I fell pregnant so couldn't do it. I should really dig that out and give it a go.

I think I just wasn't open minded enough for the hypnosis. I think I thought I wouldn't remember a thing, he'd snap his fingers and hey presto, no more over eating. It's more like your sitting there with your eyes closed and your aware of everything that being said. When he was talking about my fictitious gastric band I actually wanted to giggle because I found it so ridiculous. Everyone's different tho eh x

Ooo that could be worth a try.
I don't eat naughty things because I'm hungry i just eat it because it's there, I want it, I'm bored, I'm comforting, it's cold outside so I'll have tea and cake, it's warm outside so I'll have ice cream, it's birthdays, baby showers, Christmas, etc etc etc. sound familiar?! And it's constant. There is always something.
I really do need to work on my mind. Might take a look at that beck book or hypno thing.
I bought a book and cd called adore yourself slim but it was just before I fell pregnant so couldn't do it. I should really dig that out and give it a go.

I did adore yourself slim. I've actually seen the hypnotherapist a few times who wrote it, as she lives near me. I did hypnobirthing with her and adore yourself slim. It does work but you need to have time to listen to the cd's every day and I just found that too hard to stick to.

It's all quite positive stuff and does make you think and make better choices

Wow that's so cool that you met her! Yes to be honest I think I'd struggle to find the time to sit and listen to it at the moment. I had to microwave my tea three times this morning because I kept getting distracted and it got cold!! Lol.

I'm not sure if hypno suggestion could prevent me from eating cake! But sometimes I've seen offers on ******* so I could give that a shot if it comes up again!! Xx

You need to listen to one recording before you get out of bed in the morning and the other last thing at night. With a baby this is never going to happen! I met one lady who had lost loads of weight through it but she had a lot of time to spend on it.

I reckon hypnotherapy is like any diet, it works for some, not for others. I'm struggling with s&s again this week. Don't know why I can't get back into it.

You are doing so well sammy! Keep it up.

Thank you. Yes I definitely don't have time in the morning, I'm currently hiding under my covers as my daughter blows raspberries and shouts 'woo' and giggles!! She has her first feed at 7.30 but can't stay asleep til then!!
Thank you - I have to say I wish I'd found s+s years ago but I guess we can always look back and dwell. Although I'm forever tempted by naughty food I am finding this easy to stick to... And now that my bars have arrived *yippee* I'll be a happy bunny!!! Yum yum!! :)

I hope you find a way to propel yourself back on track. Have you tried the recipe thread? That's where I got my stuffed mushrooms from and it was super yummy!!

Looks like rain today and we have lots of walking to do. Ho hum, must buy some wellies!! Xx

Wow that's so cool that you met her! Yes to be honest I think I'd struggle to find the time to sit and listen to it at the moment. I had to microwave my tea three times this morning because I kept getting distracted and it got cold!! Lol. I'm not sure if hypno suggestion could prevent me from eating cake! But sometimes I've seen offers on ******* so I could give that a shot if it comes up again!! Xx

Yikes! Did you say something were not allowed to talk about or did you put the stars in?

Something not allowed I guess but I didn't realise!! Whoops! Sorry! Xx

Do today so far I've had a banana cakey type thing from my shake. A small skinny latte. And quorn sausages and swede mash with shredded leeks and cabbage, a little bit of onion and a drizzle of gravy (I know gravy isn't allowed but just had a smidgen).

Am photographing lots of things to put on eBay so am hoping little un has a nap so I can grab a cuppa and get ebaying! Need to make some dosh for Christmas. Maternity pay isn't cutting it!!

Had some compliments today on my weight loss so am starting to feel like all the hard work is paying off as after 2 stone it's starting to become noticeable!! Yippeeeee. I would have done a happy dance but was in the middle of a shopping centre! Xx

Your " food" for the day sounds yummy Sammy. I was inspired by your stuffed mushroom so I'm having one with dry fried asparagus,leeks,courgette and garlic,some swede chips on the side and a fried egg on top-it's delicious!!!

Great idea about ebaying-I'm ashamed to say I counted 14 pairs of trousers that are too small for me today-now if that's not motivation,what is?

You deserve those compliments!!Well done.

Wow yours sound yummy! You can tell which one of us works in the food industry and which one was winging it! Lol! Ha ha!!

Wow that's 14 good reasons to keep on going with the stuffed mushrooms! :)

I've got my jeans in the wardrobe glaring at me. They're too small but I'm hoping maybe next month... Fingers crossed.

Just had a hot hazelnut shake but filled it up to 600ml of water! Ummm, kinda lost its flavour! But hey ho, not wanting to waste a pack I drank it anyway.

All stuff is finally on eBay! Phew. Now let's hope it all sells! It's not just about making money, it's about getting the clutter out of my house too! (Long way to go yet mind!).

Right, my early night went out the window!! How is it 10.40 already!!!!!!
Ahhhhh.

Xx

Back