Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Ah good idea. I use my phone but when I get on big computer I'll start one unless someone beats me to it!! :)
Xx

I'm on laptop now, I could start one of you like? I don't know how to make it a sticky though x

Hmmm, I think admin will probably automatically make it a stickie. I dunno. ?!
:)

Right although I'm on TFR week break I've had 2 naughty days - both which were planned and expected, and one semi naughty-ish day. (I ate birthday cake and a few other carbs).
So I knew to expect a gain. Even if I'd stuck to the TFR guide I would have gluten/water gain. I've gained 4lbs (so far?!).
Now I'm not pleased in the sense that the scales say I'm bigger - but I am pleased as it totally re-confirms the reason why I set my end goal lower!! I have put 9,3 knowing it'll whizz straight up to 9,7 or 9,8 within days. And then I am hoping to maintain around 9,8 for the future and when it creeps towards 10 I can start getting it back down. I'm thinking I should be a size 10/12 at that weight and right in the middle of a healthy bmi instead of teetering on the edge of healthy into overweight!!
It was a good realisation because when I did Cambridge before I couldn't believe I had packed so much weight on from my honeymoon. But having more insight and knowledge this time round has really helped. So although I wasn't expecting to still see a 10,7 I am at least happy to suss my body out and therefore stay one step ahead of the game (hopefully!!)

Nothing like a bit of a Monday morning reflection!! :)

It's good that you have it in your head to gain a bit after refeed, saves any disappointment when it happens. I have my goal at 10st right now but I actually want to get down to 9.7 so will be lowering my goal weight in the future x

Hi Sammy uv done so well all this time a tiny bit of gain is nothing. Just keep ur head right like u are already doing and by next week u will have a big loss! I'm doing pretty ok just hope I last out as long as u n jewel xx

Cor I'm on a slippery slope of quick n easy grab junk n eat. Half of me thinks how on earth did I have the time to scoff myself silly and gain all this weight in the first place. I've hardly had a second to sit down and eat this week. BUT then I look at the things I have been grabbing - quick and convienient. And then once little ones in bed I don't fancy making a dinner up so end up grabbing something again. Shows how easily it's done. And because it's not proper meals, just snacking, it never feels like I've actually 'eaten'. Makes me realise just how good SnS is. Today I stopped, and although it was gone 8pm, I sat and had a salmon salad. It was really yummy and just as quick as anything naughty!
My inner fat greedy girl is still inside me!! How do we banish them forever? :(

I know what ur saying it's so easy to go completely berserk! N you HAVE done so well so be proud of that. There's a fat girl in all of us tbh but we gotta train her. After m at goal m hoping to indulge in everything n anythng I want but once a week. Then watch n be careful the rest if the week. Tbh that's the way u need to go if we want to be slim. I'm not like one of those ppl that has a balance with food. I can take it or leave it depending on my mind set. But I LOVE my food :D m a real foodie.. So I need that one day where I can go crazy if I want but the discipline if being good the rest of the week. Only time will tell. But don't let this get u down hun. Uv come too far to feel this way. Get back on it! :p xxx

I know what ur saying it's so easy to go completely berserk! N you HAVE done so well so be proud of that. There's a fat girl in all of us tbh but we gotta train her. After m at goal m hoping to indulge in everything n anythng I want but once a week. Then watch n be careful the rest if the week. Tbh that's the way u need to go if we want to be slim. I'm not like one of those ppl that has a balance with food. I can take it or leave it depending on my mind set. But I LOVE my food :D m a real foodie.. So I need that one day where I can go crazy if I want but the discipline if being good the rest of the week. Only time will tell. But don't let this get u down hun. Uv come too far to feel this way. Get back on it! :p xxx

This is a brill idea for maintaining I reckon I'll do the same have 1 pig out day a week to remain sane then good rest of the week! I'm one of those girls that just has to look in Greg's window and 5 cakes jump straight on my thighs bloody annoying I gain weight so quick!!!! X

It's so easy to consume loads of empty calories as well when we don't eat the proper meals isn't it Sammy .

Myself and my partner where having this conversation when he was eating some Pringles that hadn't touched the side he'd eaten half a tub 500 calories and then wanted a meal

He could have had a healthy filling meal

It's very easy done though mindless snacking picking has always been an issue xxx

Yep there's always going to be that fatty in us that will want to splurge but we need to teach her/him to think differently about food. I will be doing the same and having 1 day a week when I have a takeaway/something fatty and watch what I'm doing for the rest of the week. When I lose a bit more I will start exercising and when I have bad foods in the future I will balance it out by doing moire exercise....that's my plan anyway!! x

Yep there's always going to be that fatty in us that will want to splurge but we need to teach her/him to think differently about food. I will be doing the same and having 1 day a week when I have a takeaway/something fatty and watch what I'm doing for the rest of the week. When I lose a bit more I will start exercising and when I have bad foods in the future I will balance it out by doing moire exercise....that's my plan anyway!! x

Sounds like a good plan jewel :)

Part of me wants to stamp my feet like a toddler at having to always be on my guard but I guess if we had diabetes - a strong possibility if we don't deal with obesity- monitoring food and insulin every day would be a matter of life and death. I just find it hard to make that connection between what goes in my mouth now and long term health.
Im diabetic, its part of why ive been struggling because thr doctors put me on insullin when i clearly didnt need it. Its so hard controlling my weight with all the hypos. But when i got my weight down the doctor took me off meds and told me to continue eating healthily. X Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back