Sammy's road to slimdom!!

How you getting on with refeed?

Eating everything. Yikes. Been baaaaaad. Have decided to start SnS again tomorrow for 12 days up until hubby's birthday to undo any damage and get a bit more off. (Hopefully!!).
I clearly can't be trusted around food.

How are you getting on?
Xx

Have myself a telling off last night and have been good today so hopefully can crack on till Christmas but finding it soooo hard at the moment.

Good for you for knuckling down for abit x x

I'm hoping so!! Just realised it's 13 days. Am going to literally tick them off day by day and really go for it. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and see what the damage is!! Xx

I'm hoping so!! Just realised it's 13 days. Am going to literally tick them off day by day and really go for it. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and see what the damage is!! Xx

Good luck tomorrow huni getting back into it! It's a slippery slope sometimes when you have and breaks but look at how far you've come! I'm sure you look amazon as you are and will look lovely at your hubby's do! How far from target are you? X

Thanks hun.
I'm about a stone and a half from target - which allows for a 5lbs regain from gluten and maintenance etc. so ideally I'd like to get to 9,3 by 1st Feb but maintain at 9,7/9,8. I think that would make me an average steady size 10/12 and is smack bang in the middle of my bmi 'normal' weight for the health side of things.
I know maintenance will be hard but everything is blooming hard! Ha ha. It's just a different hard!

Ok - Day One of Thirteen:

After fluctuating up and down all week - yes yes I went back to my daily weighing! Sorry Lainey! Don't worry - I'm sure I'll wean myself off them once I'm back in the swing of things!!

I've been up to 10,12 and hovered at 10,10 for days. After TWO slices of cheesecake last night - that's another disgusting confessional story I may share later!... - I am 10st, 9.5lbs this morning. A very very very naughty out of control week snacking wise! Looks like I was trying to make up for lost time, which is totally ridiculous and defeats the point majorly!! I'm angry with myself, the scales are angry with me and my skinny jeans are looking at me with shame! Tut tut.

5 out of 8 of my main meals were low carb though this week so at least that's something!! Looks like I'm slowly learning. But I have been having carby breakfasts and need to find an alternative for future maintenance.
So I'm 2.5lbs up.
I have 13 days (unlucky?!!) and I have decided to aim for 10st,3lbs. So just under 7lbs to lose. Can it be done?
Obviously I'd like more off (don't we all!!) but am trying to be realistic with a challenging edge!!

So today's Day One distraction is putting up the tree and lights.
Tomorrow's will be decorating it and filling hubby's advent calendar with treats! ( - first bit of temptation to avoid!!)

Wish me luck guys. This inner fat girl needs a straight jacket, a gag, and electro shock therapy every time she thinks of cake!! Zap!!

Xx

Good luck Sammy!

I read somewhere here that the reason it's so hard to maintain initially is that your body is desperate to return to "normality" ie fat - we have so many mechanisms that aim at keeping the body stable and preventing major fluctuations e.g temperature, water levels, acidity etc, fat cells are included in this. So like when stretching an elastic band, initially you have to hold it in place - in terms of weight loss maintenance you literally have to fight floods of hormones which are aimed at getting you to eat. Then after a while the elastic in the band starts to give, it'll take less energy to hold it in place. Same with maintenance - your body will get used to the new stable level and whilst you'll still have to be careful, it'll take less energy to maintain.

The point of all this was to say that as soon as you end your diet - that is when maintenance is the hardest. So don't blame yourself for eating everything in sight, but be mentally prepared next time you stop dieting :)

sorry, lots of waffle!

Good morning Sammy.

I know this won't make you feel any better but 2.5lbs is nothing!!I could put that on overnight never mind a whole week.

However,there's a really valuable lesson to be learnt-no matter how much weight any of us lose,it'll never stay off unless we change our whole approach to food-the way we think about it as a reward needs to stop-and that's the difficult bit!!!At least you have realised it now Sammy and recognise the issue before you get to goal,then pile a few stones back on. Don't feel disgusted with yourself-just learn from it and know the next time that the fat is not going to win!

Let's get those pesky 6/7 lbs off before the 13th December and give these inner fat girls a battle they have never seen before!

7lbs in 13 days is doable, you will probably have a big whoosh on first weigh in anyway, good luck x

Hopefully. Fingers crossed!!
Little one is refusing milk and food at the moment which is worrying me.
:(
I know it's probably nothing but hate it when they change things up and go out of routine.

So day one, so far so good. Had loads of water all morning and a hot caramel shake at 12.30. I couldn't hold out any longer!! Then was so busy I didn't get the chance for dinner til 5.30. I had weightwatchers sausages with swede mash - a teensy bit of gravy. Am going to have some Fage yoghurt with lemon flavouring and a dark Truffa bar chopped up in it later on!! Yum yum.
All that comes to 650 cals and 60g carbs. But am still supposed to have a third pack so if I feel hungry later I'll have a hot shake.

Xx

Well done, I'm trying to do the same - hold off on the first pack for aslong as possible in the day.

You can do 7lb in 13 days just think the first few lbs will fall off very quick once in ketosis x x

I hope so. Ideally I'd love it to be more. But also know that my body has a battle with 10,10 and 10,7 and 10,4. I'm not sure why. But those weights I stick to and find it really hard to shift past!! But am hoping to get past them before hubby's birthday. Only have one temptation thingy coming up so am hoping to get through that without a wobble.
Day one done! Phew.
Night night all Xx

Day two and I'm up at 5.30 - typically little 'un is now sound asleep but I can't drift off, my tummy is rumbling and my mouth feels like the Sahara Desert!!
Very annoying!

But hubby is home today. So a quick tidy and hide his birthday and Christmas presents, and decorate the tree and hopefully that'll distract me enough to prevent me from having my first shake before 10. The later the better as it's the evenings I tend to get 'snacky' so always nice to have one 'allowance' left over to 'indulge' in!!

I know keto sticks are a no no and don't always work - but say a friend of a friend of a friends dogs babysitters cousin wanted to get some- where would I... er, I mean She, get some? ;)

Xx

I'm taking my 2 to the park today for a feed of the ducks, walk and general run around. Hopefully meaning I can hold off of my first pack till mid day x x

Back