Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Thank you. So far I've had 2 wafers (as in one packet), had one at 12 and one just now. Making a roast tonight for hubby and a SnS version for me! Lol.
Decorating the tree today! Yay!!
Munchkin is now refusing milk but is eating some puréed fruit! Ummm. This whole weaning thing is beyond me!!

Thanks for advice on sticks. I'd like to give them a go as I've always been curious.
Hope the walks in the park helps distract. I went around tescos! Not the best place but hey ho. Nearly bought some of that muller Greek yoghurt thinking ah surely tweaking the diet here and there won't hurt. But I put it back and picked up the good old Fage stuff!! If I'm tweaking I'm gonna tweak with gravy or an extra slice of meat! Lol.

Xx

Not long now before the first few days are over xx

Lucky in not a fan of the wafers but things like them and the bars I find abit too easy to scoff. I see there now doing crisps!!!!!

Our tree is going up next weekend but I will be doing it once kids are in bed as think I may stick one of them on top of it lol.

My little boy was (and still is) a milk monster and a nightmare to get the milk down but my little girl is completely different. She eats 3 meals a day and milk is a battle. I hate weaning become a minefield and constant headache whether your doing the right or wrong thing.

I cooked a Sunday lunch yesterday had abit of lamb, broccoli and green beans. They were yummy.

Yeah I'm kinda winging this whole weaning business!! But the little madam refused her milk yesterday but scoffed a whole load of food! Am just gonna follow her lead I think.

Can't believe your little one had a 12 hour tantrum! Are they too small to put the fear of being on Santa's naughty list yet?

Day three... Although my carbs worked out as 66g yesterday so might take an extra day before the ketosis fairy waves her magic wand!!!

Xx

I just keep having to offer loads of water as she keeps having hard poop.

I tried the naughty list trick and he told me he didn't want any toys! !!

Ah no! They're on to you!! Ha ha.
Yeah I'll keep persevering with the water - I've done mega loads of fruit but nothing's shifted so I'll try water and if that doesn't get it going then I might take her to the doctor. Poor poppet.

Day three going ok-ish. Had a wafer and then attempted to make vegetable soup this afternoon. Didn't go very well and ended up down the sink! I will attempt again one day!! Ha ha! Just had second wafer and a cuppa.

Not sure what to have later. Am feeling ok though - but it's a cold day. Heating should kick in soon!!

Xx

I usually love making soup in this cold weather but I like making potato based soups which would be no good to me right now x

I'm rubbish at making soup! I like those covent garden soups! Wish I could make some like that!!

I opted for stir fry with lean bacon.

Day three is going well. 10 days left after this until hubby's birthday night out! Xx

Sammy,a simple soup recipe.....diced onions,leeks,garlic,butternut squash in small pieces and fry in fry light.( you can add chilli flakes here if you want it spicy)

Add a stock cube-veg or chicken and water and let it simmer away until the veg goes mushy!Whizz it up,add salt and pepper.Thats it!

Day 3 so far so good over here too-2.5 litres of water,porridge,chicken noodle soup and a 2 egg omlette so far-bar and a cuppa to go!

Cool thanks hun!! I'll give that a go. Sounds yummy!!
Can't believe I'm on day 4 of 13 already - it's whizzing by. Although I am keeping myself busy and having hubby home in the evenings this week stops me having boredom snacking!!
Need to get more action on my exercise bike this week. I must find time to hop on it. No excuses!! Xx

Definitely. I had already conjured up in my mind reasons to stop... That I was fitting nicely into clothes, that I didn't have to be so strict - I can do this by myself, blah blah blah - when the truth is of course I couldn't do it by myself! I'm clearly not ready to be let loose yet. I had cheesecake for dinner for goodness sake! I mean what on earth was I thinking!! - I'll tell you what I was thinking (I'm not sure if anyone can relate...)
Firstly-
"If I eat it up now then at least when I start my diet tomorrow there will be no temptation in the house".
Now although that's a valid point - the same reasoning can be put behind it being chucked in the bin!!

Secondly -
"Well I'll be dieting so it's my last yummy thing for a while"...
Ummm, 13 days is hardly an eternity!

Thirdly-
"If I have it instead of dinner surely that balances out rather then eating dinner AND having cheesecake!!" - yes Sammy, that's not really the point is it!!

So you can see how my inner fat girl was arguing her point across and how weak willed I was!!
She's well and truly tied up and gagged now. Her only little bit of relief is in the morning when I release her restraints to open the advent calendar and have the chocolate. Then she's tied straight back up and left in a dark room savouring that chocolate taste for 24 hours before she is allowed out again for the next advent door!! Lol.
Sounds cruel, but it's gotta be done! ;)

So, Day Fpur is going well. I avoided treats at my baby group. Been so many weeks of avoiding the treat table that I didn't really bat an eyelid today. Now that is definitely a behaviour changer! I'm pleased at this milestone. I know that sounds pretty bold calling it a milestone - but for me it really is!!
I was still acknowledging the food on there and was definitely clocking everything yummy that others ate. But I genuinely didn't have that mouth watering jealousy temptation that I usually get.
Definitely a big thumbs up. So that's 3 months to break that behaviour. Just need some of my other naughty habits and behaviours to be broken before I'm ready to get on the maintenance as it will definitely help my progress if my mindset is better!!

Anyway sorry for waffling!!

Hope everyone's Tuesdays are going well!

Just having a yummy hot banana shake. Xx

You're doing brilliantly Sammy-just keep going and those 13 days will be here in no time at all.

I was so hungry today and asked one of the chefs to keep me a chicken salad...well when I got there the salad consisted of potato salad,coleslaw and noodles!!!!WTF....thats not a salad-anyway thank goodness I don't eat any if them so had my chicken breast instead-go me!!!

I've done the whole 'I can do this on my own without shakes' thing in the past too, could be so easy to just give in eh x

What you said Sammy is so true !!

We've all wen going to go it alone
We can do this blah blah blah

Iv done exactly the same thing myself !!
Eaten a load of crap before starting the next day

Crazy how your mind works isn't it ??!!

You are doing so well you've done this before and you've got this far you can certainly do this !!

Totally agree! I keep trying to talk myself out of this diet...yesterday I even bought Bob Harpers jump start to skinny book in kindle because it promised a good weight loss - 10lbs in 3 weeks. So I skim read it, and it's basically low carb, low cal, like s&s, except because it's food it'll be a lot more hassle and less convenient. So although I'm £7 lighter, I'm sticking with this. I just wish my mind would accept that this is hard, but I'm sticking to it!

Glad we're all on the same wave length.
I've got the cinema tomorrow night so have made some jelly in a nice cube tray - thought it might be like jelly sweeties! And I'll chop up my bar into bits and take a coke zero. Will be like pick n mix and fizzy pop!! Ha ha. As much as I love popcorn it does always end up a bit stale and nothingy taste wise. I'll try a jelly 'sweet' tonight and if it's yuck then at least I still have 24 hours to come up with an improved version!! Lol. Xx

Glad we're all on the same wave length. I've got the cinema tomorrow night so have made some jelly in a nice cube tray - thought it might be like jelly sweeties! And I'll chop up my bar into bits and take a coke zero. Will be like pick n mix and fizzy pop!! Ha ha. As much as I love popcorn it does always end up a bit stale and nothingy taste wise. I'll try a jelly 'sweet' tonight and if it's yuck then at least I still have 24 hours to come up with an improved version!! Lol. Xx

Ohhh what are you going to see !??

I have a kids party Saturday afternoon and
I'm also going the cinema Saturday night ( distraction technique)
The Santa's magical kingdom is at meadowhall too so I'm taking the kids there then onto the cinema to see frozen !! :)

Rather looking forward to that coke zero in my bag and a bar !!

What are you going to see? I cant wait for The Hobbit to come out on 13th x

Back