Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Cor have just worked out that I'm 0.3% above a "healthy bmi" and need to lose 2lbs to get out of the overweight category and into the healthy category. So my targets are: By Friday 13th to get to 10st, 2lbs or less. (Looking very unlikely now I must say). To lose 2lbs and get into a "healthy bmi" bracket. (Will be a little achievement in itself I feel). Even though I'll waver on my days off plan and put on water/gluten gain, if I can be less then 10st, 4lbs at Christmas I think I'll be happy with that. If I can stay around that weight and start the new year to tackle the last stone I'll be happy. So 4.5lbs by Friday is the challenge. I have a meal out Wednesday but that is my only challenge so far that I know of. Xx

Wow get you huni you've done sooooooo well it haven't been a healthy BMI in ages! Do you find your body is different since having kids? I do I hold my weight in different places to what I did before! X

Hi Sammy, how are things going?

Hi hun - to sum up - naughty! Definitely not on Santa's good list! ;)
But am being good with majority of choices and kind of choosing the lesser of two evils.
Like Sunday was sadly the first anniversary of my fathers death and so we all got together for our usual crusty bread lunch and cake. I decided to have a chicken salad - and cake. I obviously would have loved the bread but made myself choose one thing and deny another. I chose cake (quite wise I feel! Lol).
Tonight we're having birthday fish n chips and birthday cake. I'm thinking of just having a sausage or savloy or nothing at all for dinner and then enjoying a slice of birthday cake.
So I've been well out of ketosis all week. Hitting around 1200 cals a day.
Have definitely not hit my mini goal.
But will see what the scales say in the morning as to IF I've lost anything!!
Xx

Wow get you huni you've done sooooooo well it haven't been a healthy BMI in ages! Do you find your body is different since having kids? I do I hold my weight in different places to what I did before! X

YES!!
Oh my god yes!
We're going to a concert in London on Friday night and I was trying on some old clothes yesterday to see what I could wear. They were clothes from when I was around this weight before. But everything clings to my tummy now :(
I'm definitely holding more weight around my middle. Yet my thighs - although still big - look more streamlined then they did on my honeymoon (when I was much smaller!!). Hmmmm!! No-one warned me about this before I had my little munchkin! Not that it would have changed anything - apart from me getting rid of more clothes!
Xx

Youre doing very well I think. Thats how I handle off plan stuff to. Enjoy myself but kinds...chose between things...or chose to skip dinner in favour of cake, etc. Whereas before it wouldve been dinner and cake. Lots! lol. Go you!

Having kids deeefinitely changes our bodies, doesnt it? lol

Well there's good news and there's bad news.....

Let's start with the bad news...

I did not hit my mini target of losing 7lbs by today.
I knew I wouldn't as I started down my slippery slope of eating this week.

However, there is some good news...

I did not gain.

There's more good news...

I actually lost a little bit (?!) - mental I know!!
So although I didn't hit my happy target I am still pleased that a little bit more has come off.

I'm now 10st, 5lbs.
That's a loss of 4.5lbs over the 13 days instead of my target of 7lbs.

Brings my total weight loss to 43.5lbs off since 1st September.

And while I'm rolling out the good news - here's a wee bit more.....

It also makes my bmi 24.9 - which puts me very very very on the edge of a 'normal' bmi weight! For my height a bmi of 25 is overweight and a bmi of 24.9 and less is normal. Cor blimey I literally just sneaked in there!!

I've got a night out tonight at a concert in London and a lunch out tomorrow for hubby's birthday! Can't wait!!! It's a beautiful little pub in Sussex that do gorgeous food.
I also have a few treats, parties, pressie swaps etc etc next week so will keep doing what I did this week and instead of overindulging in everything, I'll replace meals with (well, basically, cake!) and hope that I can either stay at 10st, 5lbs or even squidge another pound off before Christmas.
After Christmas/new year I'll be straight back on the 100% train to get down to 9st, 3lbs by 1st Feb. That's my target weight and date. Fingers crossed.
I just don't want to gain over this season.

Anyway, wow I've droned on today!! Sorry folks!!

Hope everyone's doing well.

Xx

That's fantastic, you have done so well since September, that's a great amount of weight lost. I won't be reaching my Christmas target either as I wanted to be 12st by then which means I would need to lose 8lbs in next 2 weigh ins but hopefully I wont be too far off it. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and dont do too much damage xx

Healthy bmi woop woop! Like u say not exact science but must feel amazing :) since I'm tall I have to get to 12st to be considered 'healthy'. Strange how much height changes it lol. Well done on your 4.5lbs and over 3 stone loss- awesome! X

Being so short is very annoying when it comes to BMI, I need to get down to 9 stone to be in healthy range x

Thanks guys. Even though I'm not strictly doing SnS at the moment I'm keeping my diary and weigh ins going as I'll be straight back on it in the new year, and also want to keep up with the support network on here so I don't totally lose the plot over Christmas!!

Had an amazing time yesterday and a beautiful lunch out today.
Poor little un has developed a chesty cough. Am aiming for an early night incase it's a bad night!!

How's everyone else doing? Xx

I'm not following SnS as I should be but on the days I don't have plans in going to have my packs. I'm going to make good choices but today for tea I had Jacket potato and tuna, so could of been much improved.

I'm going to log my food on mfp and keep my diary as will be back on it new year 100%.

What did you have for lunch?

Hope your little one doesn't have a rough night. My little one had a cough come the past few day but think it's because her teeth are coming through and she has lots more dribble x x

I don't think you are alone in not following S&S right now. It's that time of year where everyone has a lot of meals planned so there will no doubt be a lot of people restarting after the New Year xx

I'm not following SnS as I should be but on the days I don't have plans in going to have my packs. I'm going to make good choices but today for tea I had Jacket potato and tuna, so could of been much improved. I'm going to log my food on mfp and keep my diary as will be back on it new year 100%. What did you have for lunch? Hope your little one doesn't have a rough night. My little one had a cough come the past few day but think it's because her teeth are coming through and she has lots more dribble x x

Oh bless - I hope your little ones ok.
Eden got her first tooth yesterday!! Sharp little b*gger too! Lol.
She kept waking and coughing and setting her lullaby bear off which sent her back to dreamland. Wasn't as bad a night as I had thought it might be! Phew.

I had steak for my lunch. Was really yummy. I had mushrooms tomatoes and 2 onion rings. About 5 or 6 chips. Not many as I'm not really fussed about chips. And pudding. I won't go into details on that.
Diet Pepsi! It's nice in a way to be fully out of ketosis and be able to have a simple diet coke when out and about! Lol. It's the little things!!

I'm sure the jacket spud is ok as if you were on ww or sw you would be allowed to have it as part of a healthy diet.

Xx

I don't think you are alone in not following S&S right now. It's that time of year where everyone has a lot of meals planned so there will no doubt be a lot of people restarting after the New Year xx

Yes I imagine 1st January there will be a network meltdown as we all access the forums at once!!! Lol xx

Haha. Yes....they will all flood back after the new year and this place will be buzzing and so busy again. HAHA. Bless.

Im doing kinda the same. Im planning to stick to my packs for this last week (WI on Sunday) to try to meet my last goal of the year and then after that..I will be off for 2 weeks (hubby will be off work as well) and I will enjoy Christmas eve-boxing day but the rest of the time i will aim for damage limitation, trying to make better choices and practice for real life after VLCD. lol. Then, come January...back on the train to GOALSVILLE, no stopping! haha xx

Fantastic Sammy!! I have done fab n if u take a breK here n there u deserve it dude!! From 13.7 to 10.5? Thats fabbbb!!! U hav done fantastic. So many ppl try n quit. We should all be so proud of ourselves. Go team sns!! ;) xxx

Hi everyone!! Hope you are all doing ok?

We have been given our second big tin of chocolates! I know it sounds ungrateful, but grrrrrrrrrrr!!! There's only two of us for goodness sake! Hubby's not a massive choccy fan and is leaving again on the 28th dec. I could - and would - easily polish off half a tin in one sitting!!! Am annoyed because I've already wrapped my presents so I can't sneak choccies in with gifts, and I've sent all my cards so I can't pop a choccy in there to get rid of them! I know it sounds stupid but I'm one of these people who literally can't stop thinking about it the whole time it's here. I'm very much a - eat it all now so it's gone! - rather than a - have one or two and enjoy and then leave the rest for another day!
Hopefully hubby's brother is coming tomorrow and I know he'll happily rinse a fair few off!! At least that will help.

So far I've been totally off plan for a week and scales say a 2lb gain. I really want to curb my eating as I can see myself inching back upto the 11's and I made myself a promise that I wouldn't do that again.
I have however avoided bread apart from one slice. It would have been so easy as I'm rushing around to have toast or something, but I've told myself that carbs are the enemy!! I had a roast dinner without potatoes - I went for roasted butternut squash - which was amazing may I add!! :) Its just chocolate! Why why why!!

Anyway - I shouldn't be ranting when it's the season to be jolly!!
I hope everyone is enjoying the build up to Christmas!!
Less then a week! How?! :)

Xx

Back