Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Sounds like you really enjoyed it. I think there is no time for regret. I felt that very keenly the first time I did this but now I just think of it as doing the best I can day by day. We can't go back and change the past and while I'll be doing the best I can not to put this weight back on, I can't rule out the possibility. All I can control is what I put in my mouth today so I'm concentrating on that for now.

Really laughing at you and the moussaka - just thought the pasta was your recipe. I think the idea of swede or maybe celeriac or parsnip in there is inspired though. :) Off to google low carb moussaka and pin to my low carb recipe ideas board.

Sounds like you really enjoyed it. I think there is no time for regret. I felt that very keenly the first time I did this but now I just think of it as doing the best I can day by day. We can't go back and change the past and while I'll be doing the best I can not to put this weight back on, I can't rule out the possibility. All I can control is what I put in my mouth today so I'm concentrating on that for now. Really laughing at you and the moussaka - just thought the pasta was your recipe. I think the idea of swede or maybe celeriac or parsnip in there is inspired though. :) Off to google low carb moussaka and pin to my low carb recipe ideas board.

Ooo parsnip would be nice. Mmmm.

I did enjoy my off plan but am suffering for it now.
Curled up on the sofa and feeling sorry for myself!
Xx

Ooh aubergine, my mum makes the best stuffed aubergines they rule drooool!!! But there is nothing more disgusting than undercooked, hard, aubergine

Glad you enjoyed your day off Sammy, very jealous but I'll get there and earn my day off in a few months time!! :)

You need to change your sig, says you are 9st 13lbs ;-) I've been naughty too, had a KFC on Friday. No more excuses now, I'm moved in so back to the diet 100% xx

Ah yes! Although it wouldn't surprise me if the 2lbs jump back on and I go back to 9,13 after this weekend!! Might wait a couple of days for my body to stabilise!!

Glad you're all moved in. How lovely. Does it feel good? Xx

Mines not SnS but it was low carb. It was an off plan meal. But people have made it with the spag Bol pack and cheesy pasta pack and layer with leeks but I've never tried that hun xx

Just caught up on the last few weeks of madness in your diary. In the 9s!!!!! Wheet wheel. So pleased for you Sammy. All your hard works paid off x

Ah yes! Although it wouldn't surprise me if the 2lbs jump back on and I go back to 9,13 after this weekend!! Might wait a couple of days for my body to stabilise!!

Glad you're all moved in. How lovely. Does it feel good? Xx

Yeah it's great to have a place we can call home even if everything has been going wrong the last couple of days, sure it will get better xx

Low carbing this week but trying to fit in one or two 'fasting' SnS days. Have done today and would like to do Thursday too I think.

Caramel shake.
Orange Truffa bar.
Hazelnut shake.
Chocolate shake.

4 litres of water.

No milk, no veg, no jelly, no coke zero, no protein.

Kept very simple ..... And then 3 little grapes popped into my mouth.

Calories: 632.
Carbs: 64g.

Weigh in yesterday and this morning showed a gain which was to be expected after my weekend. So am trying to get back without going into ketosis and emptying my glycogen stores again.
I've got the next 3 weekends of off plan activities and don't wanna be hopping in and out of ketosis but would still like to keep travelling down to goal.

Been a hectic busy day (which helped with my hunger!).

Did a silly thing - popped a coupon into my mouth to hold whilst using my hands to sort other stuff and when I removed it - it was that shiny kind of paper - it peeled off a layer of my lip! Ouch ouch ouch ouch!!

Xx

You're doing fab Sammy, such restraint...you should bottle that and sell it!

Ouch on the naughty coupon bite..sending you hugs xx

Thanks, feel like a bit of a prat ripping my lip but hey ho! I only have restraint because there is nothing in the house! And by nothing I mean chocolate. I'm not bothered about anything else.
There's been a multipack of crisps in the cupboard untouched for months. But if there was a single wrapped up ball if chocolate it would be demolished before I can even say "should I?!"
Xx

As Marie says, it works for some....so far I have curbed my cake and crisp eating obsession as these were a downfall for me if in the house, so I told her and so far so good. I first went for 3 sessions and i now book myself in for a boost if I feel I need it. Of course you need to actually listen to a cd several times a week to help and this is where I went wrong last time. So I'm back to daily listening and i find I'm much more relaxed and haven't broken into OH's Crisps since lol xxx

Ah that's good to know, I think the sessions are roughly £50 each so will see if there's a discount if a course is booked or something. My other problem is I would only be able to do it if I can get childcare in place so it's going to end up being pretty costly. But on the other hand the cost of scoffing chocolate and then redoing sns all over again is just as costly!! :)

Today's been low carb - Atkins cappuccino bar for breakfast. Ham and mushroom omelette with salad for lunch. Yog for pud. And think I'm going to have a Truffa bar chopped up into a Fage Greek yog with lemon water flavour mixed in tonight after my bath. But undecided whether I want that or a hot shake. Oh decisions decisions! Lol.
Have been so busy today but really really productive. Plus my exercises are done so tonight can literally consist of a bubble bath and an early night!! Yay.

Hope everyone's had a good day, I'll do a diary read up in a bit once little 'uns in bed! Xx

sounds similar to my sessions...paid for a block of 4...you only need an hour for each one really in terms of time..used 3 and had one spare which i banked and the rest are £50 each for the additional ones.

Like i said...it has helped in terms of not breaking into cakes/chocs/crisps when OH has some...and i can even go into a supermarket and see an array of cakey delights.....get an initial urge to wanna scoff the lot but then it passes as quickly as it came....so weird!! When i first did OH was stunned that i could bake cakes and not even ant to lick the spoon or sniff it! Very Bizarre for me as i would NEVER do that before haha!

You're low carb day sounds like a success....wish i could be that controlled lol....Xena in every way is you :D xx

I'll defo look into it more as it is something I'm genuinely worried about. I would easily scoff chocolate at the flick of a switch. So it's certainly something I'll look into for my maintenance!!

Today I ended up scrapping my Fage yog n chopped Truffa in replacement for a nice cuppa tea and a honey nougat bar while in my Jim jams!

Cals: 865 and carbs: 58g for today.

Need to shed one more pound to get rid of my off plan gain and start chipping away at the fresh fat! Xx

Really admiring your 'off plan' plan. This is such good training for maintenance before you go for the final push.

Just remembered that one of my best friends in Manchester is trained in hypnosis. He used to live with me when he was training and it did really work for a while. I found the visualisation of myself slimmer really helpful. It was probably the most successful I have been without a vlcd. I must get him to do some the next time I go to stay.

if it does work for you i would recommend it ladies....i have found it immensely helpful so far.

Like i said...I am the cake and crisp monster....i could easily eat about 5 bags of crisp in a row plus half a whole cake and OH would be horrified...so this is huge for me.

Sammy you are so good with your off plan process....and as Clinquant says, really good training for maintenance in the future xx

Oh I wish I had a friend who could do hypnosis!!

;)

So today I'm 9st, 10 and a half pounds. Slowly chipping away at the fresh fat!
So that's last weekends naughtiness finally off and it took a cheeky half pound along with it. Yay.

Am off plan again for this charity do on Saturday. Plus another low carb meal experiment tomorrow - a low carb moussaka.
Going to do layers of roasted aubergine and courgette and swede for the top layer.
Using the Fage 0% Greek yoghurt as it's the lowest carb one I could find.
Hubby's not impressed but if he wants dinner (and dessert ;) ahem!) then he'll eat it!!

Feeling a bit off today, got a funny tummy and cramps (sorry for tmi) so am glugging the water. :(
Wanted to stick to packs but will see how I go.

Will do a diary drive by in a bit :) xx

Back