Sammy's road to slimdom!!

Even though you haven't had a glycogen gain, eating more carbs than usual will give you a water weight rather than fat gain. They just soak up more water in your system so you will have a whoosh being back on it. I don't imagine you will have to maintain on 1500. My goal was just under 12 stone and I maintained on about 2000 a day or 2300 with exercise.

Agree with Clinquant, carbs just soak up the water and hold on to it, the 4lbs will be gone quick x

Sammy,

Even if you weren't S and S'ing and low carbing( which is what I did over the weekend,although I indulged in a normal dinner for my birthday on Friday night)-you will still gain.As far as I'm concerned it's not real weight,it's just pretend water weight and will be gone in no time.I guess it's the price we pay for doing such a drastic diet-the minute you eat normal food,you gain weight.Its what you do now that's gonna make or break your efforts!

The way you have to look at it now is "what would a normal person who doesn't have a weight issue ( is there really a person like this in the world) do? Beat themselves up over a 4lb gain? Nope,I don't think so....I know it sucks but you've got to look at the bigger picture-a day or 2 of even low cal eating with plenty of water, never mind S and S would see that gain gone.

I'm obviously not preaching from my skinny pedestal-I also had a 4lb gain since Thursday.Did I enjoy my birthday dinner with my family?Absolutely.Did I enjoy a glass of wine with my sister who I haven't seen since Christmas?Definitely. I would truly love to have this weight gone really quickly but I chose to eat and drink over the weekend and what's a few extra days of S and S gonna do?

You look and obviously feel amazing so enjoy it a little-but not too much.I know you still want to reach goal so keep going at it.Dont be too hard on yourself xx

Thanks guys, think it's coming up to my totm and I'm generally feeling stroppy and tetchy about stuff!! Really wanted to scoff this afternoon but there literally is nothing in the house so that prevented me!! Instead I waited and then shared an omelette with my bubba (her first ever omelette!).

Think I just felt like I was heading down a downward spiral after being in the world of real food!!

Anyway I must take control and get myself back in the game!!

Hope you had a nice birthday Lainey, I'll swing by your diary in a min.

Thank you for the support guys, you're all great at a raping me up off the floor and giving me a virtual reality shake up!! :)

Xx

Ahhh - typo -

* scraping!! ****

Ahhh - typo -

* scraping!! ****

Oh sammy...i was going to write some words of support till i read the post before this one with the typo in.....literally wet myself nearly! hahaha!

i know i shouldn't laugh....but my humour is naughty so i did.

Lainey hit the nail on the head.....chillax a minute...enjoy being smaller and having a social life....and you have done AMAZING so far...cut yourself some slack xx

Js wt the others have sed reli u luk amazin and u will look even more nycer wen at goal hun bt we have to live a lil cz as i say to ppl hu question me hw im gna maintain is its impossible to b on a diet all the time as we all need to live a lil hence ma crazy month of march im js prayin wont regret it n qill still lose haha on while on the s n s plan regardless of the planned days off lool...bt honestly hun cut bit of slack hun as h luk stunning :) mwaahz

Lmaoo at the rapin comment thrt i was seeing things for a second there loolz x

Hi!!

Struggling diet wise and also mega busy!!
Been 'mmm-ing' and 'ahhh-ing' about how to tackle these last 10lbs and have realised that mmm-ing and ahh-ing about it doesn't actually shift weight! Who knew?!! :) lol.

I've slowly let my life get in the way of weight loss again and instead of putting my needs first I've gone back to the old social eating habits (because it makes others happy/less guilty/ don't leave them eating alone, etc etc) and also because my inner fat girl actually wants it!!

I'm really thinking more and more about counselling and hypnosis as it truly is my mind and not hunger that's driving me to eat.
I know this.
I'm just not doing anything about it.

I did my double whammy exercise classes on Saturday morning again which felt good and think the extra jumping about has helped keep the excess calories from doing too much weight damage.

I've started picking at food - my little girl is eating more and more 'normal' foods, so I'm finding that I'm sharing fruit with her (which is ok) but also a crumpet/toast/tea cake (which is NOT ok). She eats better when she watches me eat but her eating times are different to mine, so apart from breakfast together, I'm actually having an extra couple of snacks during the day on top of my meals. Not good!

Also have been under stress as we're looking into childminders for my return to work and hubby's not happy about the whole situation and is making that VERY clear. Which makes it really hard to have an adult conversation and discuss options as all he says is 'well you know how I feel already', which doesn't actually progress us forward.
:(
It's been a wonky weekend and now he's gone again for the week and I feel really sad.
(Danger Danger: emotional eating warning!!)

I know I'm trying to make light of it, but I am quite down in the dumps, and all the time I was eating healthily and being good I found I was more into my toning exercises and doing more about my body, whereas the more slumpy carbs and naughty foods I've had in the week has made me skip a few days and not even bother with the basics like a good moisturising session or blow drying my hair. I need to snap out of this gloomy dark cloud and take my own advice that I've been giving others!!

Anyways, sorry for the miserable start to a Monday, I don't wanna drag anyone else down with me.
Xx

Hugs darling. You sure have a lot on. Just try and remove the negative thoughts about yourself or your weightloss. It's the last thing you need right now plus you must remember how well you've done so far. You're a strong woman and I know you'll work it out.
As for putting yourself first. I know how hard it can be. I've also been massively guilty of prioritising everything other than me.
I always think of this in such case..
When you're on the plane and the air hostess gives the passengers the security chat. She always says. Put the air mask on yourself before helping others.
Exactly.
You have to make sure YOU are ok first so you can protect and look after your loved ones...

M x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks M that made me smile - especially as that's my job anyway!! Ha ha, I should go through more of my job skills and see what else I can apply!! Xx

Oooh never knew you were cabin crew....i have a few friends who work for KLM, Virgin and Delta.....such fun they always seem to have!

Now onto the serious stuff....first things first...stop beating yourself up....there are times in life when when life does need to come first and the situ with you going back to work and finding someone to care for Bubba is very important....especially as you and hubby need to work out some stuff around this.....just breathe and cut yourself some slack hun.....remember how far you have come and just focus on one thing at a time for now and everything else will follow...take the pressure off...stress is a trigger but you can win this one....xxx

Sending you big hugs xx

Haha I just read this and started cracking up at my desk!!!

Ha ha gotta love predictive text - amazingly that's not the worst thing predictive texts done to me!! :)

that still cracks me up!!! xx

Oooh never knew you were cabin crew....i have a few friends who work for KLM, Virgin and Delta.....such fun they always seem to have! Now onto the serious stuff....first things first...stop beating yourself up....there are times in life when when life does need to come first and the situ with you going back to work and finding someone to care for Bubba is very important....especially as you and hubby need to work out some stuff around this.....just breathe and cut yourself some slack hun.....remember how far you have come and just focus on one thing at a time for now and everything else will follow...take the pressure off...stress is a trigger but you can win this one....xxx Sending you big hugs xx

Yep - hence the childcare issue as it'll require some overnights and hubby's really displeased to say the least about it!!
But it'll only be for a little while until we decide to try for baby number two and then I'll be grounded again anyways!! But I do understand his concerns. His not very forthcoming at the actual discussion part of it.
He's said he'd like a take away/bottle of wine/just us night on Friday to make up for this last weekend and to have quality time together. (And hopefully discuss this childcare issue calmly!)

So I'm thinking the best thing is to just get all this negativity out of my head and get my brain and body in check this week then give myself a new start weight and start date for Sunday and really get these last 10+lbs off. I'll most likely have to do a 4:3 split week or something as I am really enjoying my Saturday morning double exercise class and two hours of cardio and Zumba will be burning off 800 odd calories, so sensibly I really can't be on 650 for that day or the day before really. :)
But I'll have a think and get myself fully prepped to put my weight/health/body/happiness first. I'm not the sort of person to put myself first (ever), a work colleague once said that I'm the sort of person who in a flood would literally be bobbing away struggling to keep my own head above water but will be worrying about everyone else and trying to help them. Dunno if that makes sense but you get the gist!!

Thanks for the support and pick-me-up, it's very much appreciated.
Combination of hormones and stress does not a happy girl make!! :)

Yep - hence the childcare issue as it'll require some overnights and hubby's really displeased to say the least about it!!
But it'll only be for a little while until we decide to try for baby number two and then I'll be grounded again anyways!! But I do understand his concerns. His not very forthcoming at the actual discussion part of it.
He's said he'd like a take away/bottle of wine/just us night on Friday to make up for this last weekend and to have quality time together. (And hopefully discuss this childcare issue calmly!)

So I'm thinking the best thing is to just get all this negativity out of my head and get my brain and body in check this week then give myself a new start weight and start date for Sunday and really get these last 10+lbs off. I'll most likely have to do a 4:3 split week or something as I am really enjoying my Saturday morning double exercise class and two hours of cardio and Zumba will be burning off 800 odd calories, so sensibly I really can't be on 650 for that day or the day before really. :)
But I'll have a think and get myself fully prepped to put my weight/health/body/happiness first. I'm not the sort of person to put myself first (ever), a work colleague once said that I'm the sort of person who in a flood would literally be bobbing away struggling to keep my own head above water but will be worrying about everyone else and trying to help them. Dunno if that makes sense but you get the gist!!

Thanks for the support and pick-me-up, it's very much appreciated.
Combination of hormones and stress does not a happy girl make!! :)

Sounds like a very good plan Sammy....you, Bubba and hubby come first.....having a breather will help take the pressure off loads....there are more important things in life sometimes than numbers on scales etc....spend this week chilling and looking after you...you've already done the hardest part in losing nearly 4stone woman....thats amazing!! Now its family time for a bir.

i totally get your analogy....for now do what feels right though...sometimes looking after you first is un-natural...but we all have to do it sometimes...and its because you're worth it :) xx

I feel a L'Oreal hair swish moment coming on with that last sentence!! ;)

Back