Sammy's road to slimdom!!

I feel a L'Oreal hair swish moment coming on with that last sentence!! ;)

Haha see....she's in there somewhere....hope you start hair swishing now hehe xx

Finally totm (!!!) after 6 weeks and 3 (negative) pregnancy tests! Cor, all that pent up stroppiness and random crying spurts can all (hopefully) calm down now!!

Hubby's home tomorrow and we've had some nice (sensible) chats this week over the phone which has helped smooth things over. Plus it's sunny - and pay day!! All in all it's goooood!! :)

Xx

Finally totm (!!!) after 6 weeks and 3 (negative) pregnancy tests! Cor, all that pent up stroppiness and random crying spurts can all (hopefully) calm down now!! Hubby's home tomorrow and we've had some nice (sensible) chats this week over the phone which has helped smooth things over. Plus it's sunny - and pay day!! All in all it's goooood!! :) Xx

Its scaryy init wen ur nt on haha ima stil stressin abt it lool....haha bt thinkin nt gna appen lol...awww. Yh payday tmo i cnt wait hehe the weather freezin tnite tho lol prayin nt gna nsow xxx

So pleased for you hun....on both counts.....spring is round the corner and the sunshine deffo helps :) xx

Right my plan to be good yesterday failed. But I am starting today on the good girl train. No more picking and naughty nibbles!!
Yesterday we had pancakes as hubby's away in the week so will miss it on Tuesday. And it's good as it gets that naughty delight out the way and I can start chipping away at the excess this week... yet again!
I will see fresh fat this month. This is my motto!
March is fresh fat month. Even if it takes me all month to get into a bit of fresh fat.

So-spring is officially here!!
That's scared the hell out of me with all my dithering about... It's getting warmer - less clothes to hide under!!

I know everyone's giving up so much already when on this diet, but was wondering if anyone's giving anything up for lent?
Or as my hubby says - the new thing is to take something extra on...?!
I'm not sure what to give up, but think I'll take on an exercise challenge and a daily meditation as I would like to clear my body and mind of excess negativity that's weighing me down in a non-physical way.
If anyone knows a good meditation site I can look up that would be great.

Have a good Monday people xx

Thank you C I'll definitely take a look at that today.

Had a quick scales peek to assess damage and am relieved that I haven't flung myself back over into the 10's yet, although am dangling by a very thin thread at the edge of the 9's, so am needing to buck up my ideas food and exercise wise.

Bubba is poorly with a cold which is disturbing her sleep and naps as she's so bunged up and coughing. That in turn makes for a miserable baby, which in turn makes for a tired stressy mummy. Will chocolate make it better? No.

Am knackered!

Another busy day so will do a diary swing by when I can.

Xx

Poor you but well done for not caving. Chocolate won't make us feel better long term but I really did feel yesterday that maybe it was the answer. The problem is it does have that sweet anaesthetic temporary effect but I don't want to go to that place where I can't stop.

Hope your little one feels better soon and that you both get a bit of a nap in.

And brilliant that you didn't veer back into the tens. I'm so close to the 13s I'm dying to see them.

Yaay well done for not caving into the chocolate woop woop :)....i know tis scary bt also well done by nt going bk into the tens hehe :) ur doin reli well hun n hpe ur child gets better soon think tis goin round lot of ppl have had it....tis reli bad x

6 weeks of faffing around and I am pleased to say that I have not gained. Gone up and down, up and down, up and down, but this morning I am once again 9st, 10lbs. Phew. I still have 7-10lbs before I'm at goal but am happy that I've 'sort of' maintained so far ('ish'!).
So now I really need to get my butt in gear and start working back towards my goal.

Hope everyone's Sunday is gooood. Xx

You have done fantastically well to be the same after 6 weeks. The fluctuations are part of learning to manage the whole thing. My Lighter Life counsellor always said that 'the normal people' fluctuate by 7lbs all the time but they don't stress about it and rein it in. You've done really well to stick with it and stay the same when I know you are under a bit of pressure from those around you to stop.

Good luck with it and nice to have you around again.

So today I thought "why not" and opened the wardrobe...
Delved deep deep deep into the dark dark depths and pulled out...
The size 10 Next jeans that have been patiently waiting for three years!

I know I know *slap wrist* I'm not at goal yet, and had previously thought I should wait until then before trying them on.
But I was curious as to how far off I was from wearing them.

Three years ago I was 3lbs heavier then this and didn't have the excess baggage 'mummy tummy' either. These jeans were tight back then.

Today.............

They fit perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Infact, if I had waited until I got this last half a stone off then they might actually have been a little bit too big.
Shows how the weight shifts around different areas of your body. I was convinced my 'mum tum' would prevent them doing up. 3 years ago I had a muffin top in these jeans and had to lie down to do them up! I only wore them once or maybe twice because of this!

So that's opened up new doors for my 'what the hell am I gonna wear now that spring is here' wardrobe.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this as it might help inspire someone.

Xx

Thank you! I couldn't believe how easily they did up. My mind is still seeing a whole different person in the mirror to what is physically there.
Now hopefully I can start chipping away at some fresh fat.

Xx

Hi sweetie, I lurk about in the shadows now really-got a bit of a shock seeing diary back at the top of the unread list!! Ha ha. I thought it'd been buried deep deep down!

I've been maintaining as best I can since February. Been going up and down a few pounds and juggling hormones, willpower, cravings, and a smidgen of exercise.

How's you?? Xx

Fab Sammy, well done on maintaining, 6 months on, doing well! Sorry to give you a shock to see you diary up there, lol, I was just wondering where you were as I'd seen you commenting on others diaries. As you saw from diary I'm in the zone and actually as of last weigh in I'm precariously close to leaving the 'obese' category! (Only 1lb to go!) Hope to see you around, keep up the maintenance x

Helloooooooooo,

Thought I'd do a quick update -

Am having a 'fasting' day today to try to give this weightloss a jumpstart.
I vowed not to go into the 10 stone margin again and the scales have been see sawing around the top 9's. This morning they hit 9st, 13.75lbs. So it really is time I stopped playing about.

Today's the only practical day I can do this 'fasting' this week as my little one is at nursery. So I'm gonna go for it and hope I can start the week on a good push to get these scales moving down.

I started today day after an early night and nearly 10 hours of sleep!! Jeeez did I need that!! Felt really energised and ready to go go go today - a feeling I really haven't felt in a while.

I walked munchkin up to nursery (about 15/20mins) and from there I did my running training home. 8mins run, 5mins walk, 8mins run, 5mins walk. I'll eventually get back up to 5K but after my injury I'm taking it slower.

To distract myself from those horrible gurgling tummy rumbles I proceeded to have a clear out. I'm a secret hoarder and only managed to part with one small box for charity and one bin bag of rubbish. I need to go through my clothes for an eBay sell bundle but just haven't got round to that yet.
So my housework got stunted and it's now nearly 4pm and I'm only onto my second room (out of 9!!) to clean. Collecting little 'un just after 5 so need to get cracking!
Nothing like getting sidetracked for hours going through old knick knacks!

So today has been:
12pm - hot caramel shake with a dose of coffee.
2.45pm - hot banana shake.
I've only had just over a litre of water on top of that but I do make my shakes with 500ml each time so I'm guessing that helps bump up the intake.
Not sure what I'll be having later, but likely to be a shake fairly soon as I'm really hungry! And another one around 8pm before bed.

Clin - I looked up that Dukan true weight and it says I should be 9,7 even though my (neverseemtoachieve) target is 9,3.
Hmm, let's see if I can even get to 9,7 and see how I feel there.
It's my birthday in 10 days so would like a few pounds off before I stick my face into a birthday cake!!
:)

Good luck everyone xx

nice save to not go into the tens! great that you've set yourself a limit and are not breaching it, sounds like a plan for long term success :) I tend to just stop weighing if I think I'm getting to a weight I don't want to see :rolleyes:

you've done brilliantly to maintain for so long, gives us all hope :)

Back